26. This poll is closed
  • Himura Kenshin

18 69.23%
  • Stranger

8 30.77%

MMO-Champion Sub-Ultimate Showdown Round 1: Himura Kenshin vs. Stranger

You can find the bracket and discussions Here

Himura Kenshin

"Kenshin is also an unparalleled orator, capable of spinning eloquence or humor into an offhand comment and prone to making grand, moving speeches off the top of his head. While maintaining his cool, he is rather adept at philosophical arguments, swiftly seeing the cracks in any opponent's logic without missing a beat in conversation.

And, of course, he is particularly famous for his almost inhuman swordsmanship. Having inherited the Hiten Mitsurugi-ryū sword style from his master, Hiko Seijūrō XIII, Kenshin's light frame allows him to use the style's "godspeed" to its fullest, moving so rapidly that he routinely outpaces the human eye, and his own prowess with Battōjutsu earned him his infamous moniker." - http://kenshin.wikia.com/wiki/Himura_Kenshin

Vs.

Stranger

"The Stranger is, oddly, the only one who is willing to clean up the Outlaws around the Mongo Valley, as he hopes to earn enough moolah for what he deems to be an important, life-saving operation.
    The Stranger's weapon of choice is a custom-made, double-barreled, semi-automatic, high-tension Crossbow with optional sniper/snooper scope. Instead of arrows, the crossbow fires rather unconventional Live Ammo. Nine different types of critters are used by him to capture the Outlaws: Zappfly, Chippunk, Stingbee, Fuzzle, Stunkz, ThudSlug, Boombat, Sniper Wasp, and Bolamite." - http://oddworld.wikia.com/wiki/Stranger

A master swordsmen who can move faster than the eye can see would dominate somebody with a crossbow that shot live animals, unless he has some sort of sword resistant armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't know crap about Stranger, but from this description I think Kenshin would win. He's like a pretty sweet samurai dude and really fast or whatever. He's taken plenty of guys with crossbows or something maybe. Unless someone says other wise, I'm goin with Kenshin cuz dat hair and his OP anime-ness

Kenshin, despite occasionally doing some.... unrealistic... sword moves, is basically a normal human. He's just impossibly amazing at using the sword and is physically pretty perfect for it. Stranger, in the wilderness and well-hidden, could stay away long enough to do some damage, maybe even a significant amount, but it wouldn't stop Kenshin. He'd win eventually.

Big fan of this match-up. Two really atypical (for this competition) guys whose abilities play off each other really well.

Herp, I voted for stranger when I meant to vote for Kenshin. Can a mod change my vote lol?

The irony, this is the one case where I was going to vote based entirely on a biased opinion, (I fucking hate Ninja Theory for raping Devil May Cry, and they made the series of games that Stranger is from, and in my mind they don't deserve to win anything, not even a silly poll on mmo-champion) yet I derp up and ruin it.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-07-14 at 08:27 AM.

You can still vote

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone elaborate on Stranger's abilities? So far he looks like a creepy guy with a crossbow. Kenshin has basically superhuman samurai skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kenshin for sure. I've watched Rurouni Kenshin so many times, seen the Samurai X OVA a few times and never heard of the Stranger. But, by simply going by the descriptions, it's clear to see Kenshin would win anyway.