10+ Year Old Account

Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

So, I have been playing through the Kingdom Hearts games chronologically in preparation for the NA release of Dream Drop Distance. I am currently playing through Kingdom Hearts after playing through Birth By Sleep, and it seems like 358/2 Days and Chain of Memories happen around the same time. So, I was wondering if it is worth buying and playing through Chain of Memories? From all that I've heard, it's the worst entry of the series, but does it add anything important to the story?

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely a big chunk of the story in there. That's where you fight the majority of organization 13. The game isn't bad, the combat is just really different from the previous games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some backstory for Organization 13 and setting up for Kingdom Hearts 2.

But considering, the events of the story are basically rendered useless, you aren't missing that much.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Both are nice to learn something about Orga13 and the Nobodys.
    Chain of Memories introduced Naminé.
    358/2 Days is for Roxas.

I liked them honestly.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Chain of memories gets way too much flak from KH fans (and I'm a super KH fan) but I really enjoyed the game and you do learn a lot more about Organization XIII and the version made for the ps2 was awesome, but really it was just great because it gave those other members a voice.

Also I know this is offtopic but I hope at this years tokyo game show they announce a kingdom hearts HD collection which must have the final mix versions of each entry in the series that got one. It would make my year.

10+ Year Old Account
    I much prefered Chain of Memories on the PlayStation to the GBA.

If you can get re: Chain of Memories, you'll likely have a more pleasant experience.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!