• Cthulhu

144 40.91%
Page 1 of 21
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

MMO-Champion Ultimate Showdown Final Round: Goku vs. Cthulhu

Final round time!

Goku

Goku is the main protagonist in the Dragon Ball/Z series. Kind-hearted and pure, Goku has saved the earth many times over. Through training, he has gained superhuman strength and durability. He also possesses super speed and swift reflexes, and can perform energy blasts formed from chi. Goku's signature move is the kamehameha wave, a ki blast taught by Master Roshi. He also learns the Spirit Bomb, which allows him to use energy from other living beings, and the kaio-ken, from King Kai, one of the guardians of the universe. He also learned what he calls "instant transmission", which allows him to teleport great distances. Goku's power becomes so great it rivals and even surpasses gods.

Versus Cthulhu

Cthulhu is a cosmic entity in the works of H.P. Lovecraft. It is described as an octopus, a dragon, and a human caricature, a pulpy, tentacled head surmounted a grotesque scaly body with rudimentary wings", and "a mountain walked or stumbled. He once ruled over the earth, and communicated with humans telepathically. He lived in the stone city of R'lyeh with the other "Great Old Ones", but eventually the city sank beneath the ocean, trapping them inside. Cults who remember the telepathic message existed afterwards, continuing to worship him.

I believe Goku can defeat Cthulhu easily.

The two main things Cthulhu has going for him are his mental domination, and his supposed immortality. First off, Cthulhu's mental domination has been resisted before. Gustaf Johansen, an ordinary human, was able to look at Cthulhu, run back to his ship, ram Cthulhu, (it damaged Cthulhu, though his head started regenerating, it did incapacitate him long enough for Johansen to get away) and leave. A fellow crew mate that was with him went insane and died soon afterwards.

We know some important things from that encounter, which happened in the short story, The Call of Cthulhu. (which can easily be viewed on the internet for free, and note this is not piracy as the copyright on Cthulhu expired many years ago)

Cthulhu's mind control is NOT instant. This makes it a rather inferior power for battle. Cthulhu's mind control is also not always effective, such as in the case of Gustaf Johansen. Cthulhu can also be damaged, and even stopped temporarily by very mundane things. Cthulhu has never demonstrated any other powers than this. So his last means of battle would be physical combat, which I'm sure he's quite good at due to his large body, at least, compared to normal people.

I believe Goku is the perfect opponent to capitalize on Cthulhu's weaknesses. Saiyans are naturally strong willed, Goku more so than any others. He is also no stranger to facing down ancient evils. Such as Janemba, a powerful demon made of pure evil, Hirudegarn, a phantom of mist and shadow that a race of dark wizards intended to use to destroy all life in the universe, Majin Buu, a creature of pure evil that destroyed the gods, and Omega Shenron, the fusion of the 7 Shadow Dragons that were the concentrated negative energy of the Dragon Balls, a creature whose mere existence was going to destroy the universe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk65D1HkKkc <--- Janemba
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnT440UvoFg <--- Hirudegarn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef8DUwNdsrg <--- Majin Buu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTnft...eature=related <--- Omega Shenron

Cthulhu's regeneration will also not help him against Goku. Many beings in DBZ have had powerful regeneration, (such as Cell and Majin Buu) this is always bypassed by simply wiping them out completely in a single attack, leaving no time to regenerate. In the case of Majin Buu, he could even regenerate from vapor, which suggests that the level of damage he took from the sprit bomb exceeded even vaporization, and the next conversion down from that is spallation, the separation of sub atomic particles. To make matters worse for Cthulhu, as a Super Saiyan 4 Goku has also shown the ability to subvert the power of the Black Star Dragon Balls, which are all powerful, suggesting that Goku can even manipulate reality to a degree. Goku also absorbs the Dragon Balls in the final episode, giving him access to their wish granting powers.

Thus Cthulhu's last recourse is physical combat, Goku's specialty. Goku possesses extreme superhuman strength and durability, as destroying a planet in DBZ, (to quote someone from one of these threads) is about as difficult as riding a bike. And make no mistake, Goku can take hits on that level as well.

I just don't see how Cthulhu would have any chance for victory, or even how the fight would last more than a few blows at most.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2012-07-16 at 11:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goku surpries a god (supreme / Kibito kai) and did what he couldnt do and destroyed Majin Buu. Since that event he became stronger by a very large factor. Cthulu is only a high priest of the gods. Cthulu looses. I will give my favorite cuddely batwings cuttlefish high priest a cookie for making it this far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, what Laurcus said.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Laurcus wins the thread.
    Do I double win since I had all that written down and saved to notepad for a while now?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Do I double win since I had all that written down and saved to notepad for a while now?
    lol

Goku wins, all he has to do is the kamehameha on Cthulhu and it would die.

wonder how many people actually read the call of cthulhu he doesn't even talk it the book
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

Quote Originally Posted by turlyonlost to tirion wtf View Post
    wonder how many people actually read the call of cthulhu he doesn't even talk it the book
    Who doesn't talk about what?

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Who doesn't talk about what?
    Cthulhu lacks the power to even talk ultimate physic my ass
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted for Goku in this one.

I wanted to see Goku vs. Gohan in the finals!

Cthulhu lacks the power to even talk ultimate physic my ass
    But he does talk. He whispers to the cultists telepathically, and there isn't much to say in a vague book in the brief time that he was chasing the sailors.

So how is talking relevant to power and capability anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    But he does talk. He whispers to the cultists telepathically, and there isn't much to say in a vague book in the brief time that he was chasing the sailors.

So how is talking relevant to power and capability anyway?
    Mewtwo and yoda would of found time to talk. Powerful physic can till talk even in battle

Mewtwo and yoda would of found time to talk. Powerful physic can till talk even in battle
    That doesn't mean they need to. Did you want Cthulhu to scream " I AM DA BIG BAD U FAGETS HAZ 2 RUN AWAI OR AH WIL EETZ U LOLOLOL DWEEBZ" when they accidentally summoned him?
    Kind of breaks the immersion. If you think he needed to talk to be menacing then you probably don't really grasp much of it.

Either way, how is it relevant?

Why on earth would Cthulhu need to talk when merely gazing upon him drives anyone mad?

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    NSFW what happens when you lay eyes on Cthulhu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo...ailpage#t=187s
    WHAT DID I JUST SEE ;(

So a girl gets fingered , a girl grows something within her pantys , the girl that was previously getting fingered gets.... I dont even know.... Then a guy gets his penis eaten , the the girl and the guy become some kind of human centupide and in the end a girl explodes looking at cth.

Ok , I voted for Goku but iam going to make some new acounts so I can vote for Cth

10+ Year Old Account
    going with cthulhu because huehemrhu who even cares at this point I don't know, I'm going to confirm that his tentacles can move at the speed of thought and destroy alternate universes everytime they move

bblahjitwjt goku can shot a beam

Deleted
    I don't hate DBZ enough to vote for Cthulu despite the obvious fact that Goku would win.

I have to agree it's pretty boring though.

Nobody can beat Goku, end of story.

If he dies, he'll have Vegeta , Gohan , Trunks, and Goten kick your ass while Bulma searches for Dragonballs

He comes back, stronger than ever in typical Saiyan fashion and kicks his ass and wins.