Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The purpose it serves in the progression of the story, by lore, wrymrest accord is disbanded and the temple ruined/corrupted, including all the dragon shrines inside the temple.
    Dalaran now is meant to be moved on from the northrend campaign, and yet if they did that it would mean having to completely revamp northrend to accommodate for dalaran no longer being neutral. They can't just do that given dala is a central hub for lv 80s, so they will likely leave dala in northrend, say its not canon now in the timeline or related to the current story, just ignore it, and believe that dalaran is no longer good with the horde.

also the fact there are so many achievements and even a dungeon linked to dalaran, making the lv80 wrath dalaran suddenly hostile to horde players because of the current story in mists of pandaria would mess up the gameplay for those leveling though more then you can guess.

I personally say this progression of the story is bs, since the horde helped save dalaran's ass along with the alliance against the blue dragonflight, and yet because of Jaina none of that matters.
    Well whether or not this story is developed in a BS way is yet to be see. Depending on what the Sunreavers do I could see them being kicked out of the Kirion Tor, for example we already know they're involved with the mana bomb that levels Theramore. It's not too far fetched to speculate they're the ones that stole the focusing iris from the blue flight as mentioned in the summary for Tides of War, and they may even prove to be involved in whatever happens with Rhonin. If the Sunreavers ARE booted by the Kirin Tor for what they do, then I don't think it'd be BS at all for the Kirin Tor to go Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Wow that was brilliant.
    Yeah only we allready have a Mage district in SW, we don't need a second one, the old one is fine, and is in fact, in my opinion, the best looking part of the city.

What I'm more wondering about is if we get Dalaran, will we then also get a portal to it, cause that would seriously cause havoc, and if we DON"T get a portal to this new alliance only Dalaran, then what good is the city anyway? I don't want Dalaran to become Alliance only and then just be some decorative little place of no importance. That would be stupid and make this whole operation of bringing it back to Alliance only a futile gesture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    it's all in a vacuum anyway. they've said that a few times, mainly to cover their asses and avoid extra work, but it's like a trip back in time is how they want us to view it.

they're not above putting multiple dalarans in multiple places. we still go to outland at level 58 to stop the burning legion

---------- Post added 2012-07-17 at 02:15 AM ----------

based on what though, what has she done, nothing in game but like i said i don't keep up with the books really because after reading harry potter i got burned out on that whole scene for a while
    She was strong enough to hold the Lich King so he wouldn't kill us down Halls of Reflection. Just because she is a lover and not a fighter does not necessarily means she is not holding greater power. Simply, Jaina has greater responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    That big hole in the side of Stormwind would be the right size for Dalaran to fill up.
    Maybe, except it already has a Mage Quarter, two 'mage' sections of the city would be a bit redundant.

Also, JAINA IS NOT NEUTRAL BECAUSE SHE SUPPORTS PEACE! I get sick of reading this one. Yes, she supports peace with the horde rather than war but that does not mean she isn't Alliance. That's like saying Thrall was always neutral because he preferred peace.

Quote Originally Posted by KachynaEU View Post
    She was strong enough to hold the Lich King so he wouldn't kill us down Halls of Reflection. Just because she is a lover and not a fighter does not necessarily means she is not holding greater power. Simply, Jaina has greater responsibility.
    Not only that, she effin' froze the Lich King solid! You know, the demigod whose entire shtick is undead and ice?

Make no mistake, folks! Jaina can blow things up real good. The fact she chooses not to is one of the reasons so many players are annoyed with her.

Deleted
    Okay, I'm totally fine with this. The Alliance gets one of their factions back, alright.

But there's one thing that bugs me in all of this.
    The Horde doesn't have any equivalent factions to the Kirin'Tor or Silver Hand or whatever.

Ever since Warcraft II and the internment camps, the Horde lost all their big factions.

The only one I can think of right now is the Reliquary, which is a counterpart of the Explorer's League.
    It's a start... but now I'd like to see other counterparts as well. Especially a powerful one to compete with the Kirin'Tor.

Because that's the sole reason so many Alliance factions went neutral. The Horde doesn't have anything to compete.
    I think both sides should profit from the Horde gaining more diversion. It would mean no Alliance factions have to go neutral ever again.

In Warcraft II the counterpart of the Kirin'Tor was the Shadow Council I think.
    But since the new Horde would never let a bunch of Warlocks get that powerful again, what else is possible?

Anyway, yeah... I'm totally agree with the Alliance getting Dalaran back.
    But at the same time, the Horde needs some love as well to balance things out.

10+ Year Old Account

I personally say this progression of the story is bs, since the horde helped save dalaran's ass along with the alliance against the blue dragonflight, and yet because of Jaina none of that matters.
    Do you really mean this or are you just jealous of us getting +1 floating city?

What I think now is that Jaina won't kickout Sunreavers from Dalaran, even if they might be responsible for some crimes. Because that's not Jaina's ways of thinking. I bet she will just find out the single responsible of the crime act and put him in a comfty jail and then together with the Silver Covenant, Sunreavers and Kirin Tor, hand in hand, go to act against Garrosh. This way Dalaran still stands neutral but acts in a good favour for Alliance (and the opposition Horde)
    This is kinda silly (and I wish for a different direction), but it's the most accurate expectation from someone like Jaina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Maybe, except it already has a Mage Quarter, two 'mage' sections of the city would be a bit redundant.
    True, now I think about it the architecture doesn't really match the rest of the city anyway so it would look out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by DireDragoness View Post
    Question: What happened to Rhonin? Retirement? Or just the law of passing down power?
    I think this is where we see Turalyon enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    WOTLK through Cata wasn't enough love? Is that fact that MoP is Alliance/Horde vs Garrosh rather than Alliance vs Horde (as it rightly should be) not enough? You should enjoy MoP, the Alliance is getting naught but a false victory at the end by actually helping the faction that's pasted them for the best part of two expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Well that would be cool for sure, I can't wait for the book, but the Question is will Dalaran still be in Northrend or back Hillsbrad Foothills. (Lordaeron)
    arathi isn't lordaeron but stormgarde
    Last edited by Ianus; 2012-07-17 at 01:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    If the Sunreavers ARE booted by the Kirin Tor for what they do, then I don't think it'd be BS at all for the Kirin Tor to go Alliance.
    Sunreavers are the perfect candidates to setup a Horde equivalent faction to the Kirin'Tor, along with a few members of other races imo.

Could make the Blood Elves feel connected story-wise as well. Which has been lacking since TBC.

Okay, I'm totally fine with this. The Alliance gets one of their factions back, alright.

The Horde doesn't have any equivalent factions to the Kirin'Tor or Silver Hand or whatever.

Ever since Warcraft II and the internment camps, the Horde lost all their big factions.

The only one I can think of right now is the Reliquary, which is a counterpart of the Explorer's League.
    It's a start... but now I'd like to see other counterparts as well. Especially a powerful one to compete with the Kirin'Tor.

Because that's the sole reason so many Alliance factions went neutral. The Horde doesn't have anything to compete.
    I think both sides should profit from the Horde gaining more diversion. It would mean no Alliance factions have to go neutral ever again.

But since the new Horde would never let a bunch of Warlocks get that powerful again, what else is possible?

I could definately see the Sunreavers forming into some new Horde magical group and expanding. But I'm still not 100% convinced that Jaina and the Kirin Tor are going full on Alliance. It's what I WANT to happen, but I'm still skeptical and a little cynical. And I think it would be cool to have the sunreavers make a counter group, but at the same time, blizzard doesn't have a track record of always ensuring both factions are balanced out when the lose or gain something. Not saying this is a bad thing, but they don't tend to go "Horde lost X so alliance must lose Y" or Alliance gained Z so horde must have W.

They're mages. Just Mirror Image that sonofabitch, have one in Pandaland, one in Northrend and one for Jaina to use a battleship to rain down some fiery death on Orgrimmar.

Everyone's happy. Except the horde, but screw those guys. All 3 of them on my server will just have to go to Undercity instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Why and, most likely, HOW do you think they could rebuild Dalaran in the middle of hostile territory in Hillsbrad, now owned by Undercity ?!? Unless Hillsbrad becomes alliance dominated area again, I don't see the logic of having Dalaran there.
    if you've played warcraft 3 you would know that dalaran have an insane magical defence that can shred any undead to pieces... if they reactivated their arcane defence they could easily land dalaran where it once was

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    They're mages. Just Mirror Image that sonofabitch, have one in Pandaland, one in Northrend and one for Jaina to use a battleship to rain down some fiery death on Orgrimmar.

Everyone's happy. Except the horde, but screw those guys. All 3 of them on my server will just have to go to Undercity instead.
    Hahahaha, 10/10! XD
    *dies laughing imagining Jaina running around yelling ''man the cannons!''*

10+ Year Old Account

I kind of agree with this. If blizzard want to move away from neutral cities, they need to balance it, since the neutral factions were once alliance factions to begin with, and without them the alliance have more ground then the horde, which just sucks gameplay and storywise.

Well I think the sunreavers are douchebags, it was one blood elf in the sunreavers that betrayed. And if Jaina is kicking out all horde associated characters from dalaran, then they should have Aethas Sunreaver use his and silvermoons mages to make there own organisation, a blood elf themed floating city.
    #boycottchina

The purpose it serves in the progression of the story, by lore, wrymrest accord is disbanded and the temple ruined/corrupted, including all the dragon shrines inside the temple.
    Dalaran now is meant to be moved on from the northrend campaign, and yet if they did that it would mean having to completely revamp northrend to accommodate for dalaran no longer being neutral. They can't just do that given dala is a central hub for lv 80s, so they will likely leave dala in northrend, say its not canon now in the timeline or related to the current story, just ignore it, and believe that dalaran is no longer good with the horde.

also the fact there are so many achievements and even a dungeon linked to dalaran, making the lv80 wrath dalaran suddenly hostile to horde players because of the current story in mists of pandaria would mess up the gameplay for those leveling though more then you can guess.

nope, its cause your mr. nice guy warchief..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagfire View Post
    if you've played warcraft 3 you would know that dalaran have an insane magical defence that can shred any undead to pieces... if they reactivated their arcane defence they could easily land dalaran where it once was
    That would be pretty cool, something like this. It would be nice to see it back in the old location and fill that big crater. Here is an image I found that gives you an idea of what it would be like.

http://i.imgur.com/1Sqfv.jpg