Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What happened to the horde?

So I've been gone from battlegrounds for about 2 months, and just started doing them again. so far out of the 15 games I've played, I've won 2 of them. Nobody helps me recap things or kill vehicles or flag carriers.

People ignore the demolishers on Strand.
    People let the EFC walk right past them on Warsong and Twin Peaks.
    The worst is Isle of Conquest. What happened to my beloved Horde? It seems people driving the demolishers can no longer differentiate between right and left.

Is is always this bad before a new expansion? Is it because of summer? I used to win 60% of my battlegrounds because I wasn't the only person doing objectives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    must just be bad luck on BG's ur getting in u win some u lose some i play both horde and alliance and its same both sides on alot of games prob i seen last few months is ur in a premade or against IoC has been horrible today full of horde premades

Quote Originally Posted by whirlwinds View Post
    must just be bad luck on BG's ur getting in u win some u lose some i play both horde and alliance and its same both sides on alot of games prob i seen last few months is ur in a premade or against IoC has been horrible today full of horde premades
    I guess it's just Murphy's Law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

It's not you. I'm Alliance. I have ReFlex installed, it's a BG historian addon. In Normal BGs, my hunter is 201-56. My DK is 172-39. Yeah, we win a bit.

Well you see, as far as lore is concerned the Horde is written better than the Alliance, so more people reroll Horde. As a result Horde has a high population of bad people running amok in our BGs.

If you don't believe me go to your local library and look it up.

Mmmm. Hard to really judge it. Only Blizzard has unbiased numbers. Some people will tell you it's close to 50/50 winloss for each faction. I say maybe 40-45 Horde 55-60 Alliance is accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I have both an Alliance Human Warrior (he's filthy, filthy alliance) - And my main: Horde Tauren Warrior. Both 85 (im terrible at learning new classes what can I say) - And overall: I EASILY win many more games on my Alliance over my Horde. A ton of pvpers went Ally for que times at the beginning of the xpac, at least in US relms... And let me tell ya, Alliance are working/better geared much more than my Horde brothers. That's why they are Filthy Alliance

---------- Post added 2012-07-18 at 02:00 AM ----------

I wanted to show the actual numbers, and I guess they arent TOOO far apart, so I guess I EXAGGERATED a little bit here's the links to both profiles with the percentage win, again sorry about that.
    Horde Main statistics link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atistic#21:153
    Ally FILTHY Alt statistics link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...atistic#21:153
    BREAKDOWN: Horde has 57.7% Win ratio in random battlegrounds VS. the Alliance 65.3% Win ratio in random battlegrounds
    [ if you don't want to click the links: Horde 403 win 699 played (296 loss) VS. Alliance 196 win 300 played (104 loss) ]

***AND that's not to mention that I leveled that ally DEEP into the xpac with 0 gear, 0 knowledge of alliance... let me tell you how fun it is leveling up a toon for pvp with 0 gear***

Yea horde is really fucked up now days. I cringe everytime i do bgs on my horde toons cause i know im gonna get a bad team. And guess what. I do get bad teams. People running around with no resil or are freshly dinged 85s. And the people WITH resil dont bother with objectives.

Im not saying every horde player is bad but the majority is. If half your team is bad chances of winning are non existing.

On alliance? Yeh, you do get bad players too but from my experience its minimal.

Horde is completely terrible at battlegrounds the past few months. I'm sure a ton of good pvpers constantly going Human for EMFH has something to do with it, especially after Will got changed some time ago.

They should really take a page from SWTOR's book and just give all classes a CC Breaker ability, and then give humans a shiny new racial to make up for it.

I also notice Alliance has a ton of healers. Horde usually has maybe one, if they're lucky.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

One word: Diablo.

1. Its Summertime (kiddos)
    2. When Horde got Pally's is when a lot of the alliance base first started to come Horde
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Blizzard started doing faction changes is what happened.

---------- Post added 2012-07-18 at 05:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ieft View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=59752,

This happened to the Horde.
    lol most ridiculous thing I have read all day. Good thing I read the Rush Limbaugh thing right before Midnight.
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2012-07-18 at 05:45 AM.

Deleted
    when im fully geard with honor gear i usualy play around owning people in the middle. i want to pvp not play the objective and i play a hunter so arena's arent to great for us to pvp in they are to small and i always encounter that pillar humping nubcake that wont let me do anything. so yeah, but when i need to do the objective i.e on another alt it is a pain that no 1 helps at all. and when i say something all i get is "qq" and "go nerdrage somewhere else!" wtb 10v10 wars blizzard so i can smash dem keys and destroy sum nubs and win honor!

---------- Post added 2012-07-18 at 06:47 AM ----------

wut lol? if thats your problem in pvp i suggest you quit the game sorry =/ (no im not biased i play a troll)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanction View Post
    wut lol? if thats your problem in pvp i suggest you quit the game sorry =/ (no im not biased i play a troll)
    I play alliance, and have a 75% win ratio overall for all my bgs.

Just to reiterate.

This happened to the Horde

Its true, Having two DPS trinkets is a lot more appealing than having some of the base Horde racials that benefit PVE more than PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I Bg I do it with my guildies and we almost always win. Amazing what 3-5 highly skilled people can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    As people said, Summer time (don't use LFR, or if you do at your own peril)
    and Luck (it really is just 50/50 now and you had some crappy luck, or a team of decent people kept showing up in your Vs)

Shit happens. I usually lose at the moment. But last Sunday I had a really great hot streak of BG's.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    @OP

Welcome to the skill-level of the current playerbase. This is the world of the casuals now... dont expect it to change any time soon :P

10+ Year Old Account
    As Wowcrendor once stated in one of his most awesome videos "YOU ALWAYS LOSE BECAUSE YOU'RE BAD".

Just kidding. I put it down to the fact that the Human racial seems to actively draw interested PvPers over to the Alliance side, which seems to result in more Alliance battleground victories.

Deleted
    Alliance has dominated BGs since the middle of the expansion and will continue to do so till cata's end.

Here are the reasons for this phenomenon:
    - At the start of cata horde queue times were so horrible, that most people who wanted to do BGs were forced to reroll alliance (me included). As horde I had about 60% win rate, but 10min queue, and as alliance 40% win rate and instant queue. Guess which one was better?
    - At the start of cata human racial was 3min CD so people who were humans only for this reason rerolled/transferred back to horde en masse. A bit later, human racial was buffed back to 2min so all these PVPers started playing their humans again or transferred back to alliance. Finally, with dragon soul, PVE trinkets became so strong, that for some classes it was unacceptable to own such a trinket and not combine it with the on-use PVP one for mega-damage. So these people went human to min-max.