Selling a leatherworking package

Hello all,

I had an idea to run past you all. I currently farming all of the leather required to level from 1-525 according to WoW Professions

http://www.wow-professions.com/wowgu...ing-guide.html

What would you all think of someone trying to sell all this leather as a package for a quick Leatherworking power level from 1-525 (possibly for a brand new monk )? Would it be something you would consider? Would I be better off selling it off in stacks rather than a package deal when MoP drops?

And as far as pricing, I was thinking of taking the current (or MoP value) of each leather piece and multiplying it out by how many I have, adding it all up, and slapping a small convenience charge on it.

Thoughts, comments and suggestions are welcome!

I've heard of people selling profession packages like that before. I have no idea what they go for and it's probably very server dependent anyway. You could probably get double the normal leather cost if you advertise in trade and on your realm forum from someone with a lot of gold and who's also very lazy.
    ಠ_ಠ

Deleted
    I always felt like this was an amazing idea but I think the people playing WoW are not ready for this kind of awesome deal. For this package to be reasonably priced I would say 20-25k would be a reasonable price because the buyer literally has to do naught except learn LW and level it. I don't think anybody would but it though since they think they could get a cheaper deal on the AH or farm themselves, which they won't in the end.
    It is just an incredibly hard thing price a deal like that with people still thinking they get a good deal.

Good luck though, amazing idea, I hope you can sell it!

Pretty cool idea but not sure I would buy it, depends on if it sounds reasonable. The problem you'll have is there are always hidden costs people forget about that will drive your final price up and they will think you're charging too much. (Knothide on my server is the biggest stumbling block of leveling this usually, extortionate prices)

Personally I think you could put less effort into just farming and selling skin without packaging it as a all in one PLers kit. The gold would be comparable as well is my guess.

I have rarely seen people advertise PLing kits, but it seems they do it once and realize that the juice wasn't worth the squeeze.

There was a guy doing it on KJ for every single profession, he said he'd sold well over 150 kits or something like that. If there's a demand for profession leveling mats on the server you're on, there may well be a demand for a kit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    used to have a guy who did it on Kil'Jaeden he actually bought the materials and resold them at an inflated value so I'm sure he had to be making good money.

---------- Post added 2012-07-18 at 06:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    There was a guy doing it on KJ for every single profession, he said he'd sold well over 150 kits or something like that. If there's a demand for profession leveling mats on the server you're on, there may well be a demand for a kit.
    lol damn you for being like 30 seconds faster than me

i'm currently leveling leatherworking + skinning and if i had to price a kit to level LW from 1-525, it woudl be WELL over 100k. i have spent so much time farming leather (using guides even) that i'm still in the thick leather stage and fed up. i have about 200 more thick to go and then 400+ for the next and then all the rest of the levels as well. 100k seems reasonable to me but probably not to the rest of the general public. let them try to do it themselves first, and feel the pain. this is the absolute worst profession i've ever leveled up (LW) and i currently have one (at least) of each capped.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by speakpkhq View Post
    i'm currently leveling leatherworking + skinning and if i had to price a kit to level LW from 1-525, it woudl be WELL over 100k. i have spent so much time farming leather (using guides even) that i'm still in the thick leather stage and fed up. i have about 200 more thick to go and then 400+ for the next and then all the rest of the levels as well. 100k seems reasonable to me but probably not to the rest of the general public. let them try to do it themselves first, and feel the pain. this is the absolute worst profession i've ever leveled up (LW) and i currently have one (at least) of each capped.
    As Hamlet said: Aye, there's the rub!

See you know from experience that you would want 100k gold for a full LW leveling kit. But honestly you cant charge that, since I'm pretty sure that people just buying the mats would get away cheaper than 100k on your server (correct me of I'm wrong) and thats exactly where the problem lies with selling Leveling Kits.
    I would also suggest to just farm something that is not easy to come buy (Knothide leather was mentioned in this thread by another poster) and therefore be able to dictate the price. Will make you a lot of money easier

Deleted
    Profession leveling kits sell really well on my realm, i do get alot of whispers about leatherworking kits but i don't make them purely because there's so much to get and the price of the kit is naturally high cause i'd have to spend alot of time farming the leather and buying the odd things off the AH. But honestly any profession leveling kits sell well i've had an order of 30 yes, 30 alchemy kits on my realm at 12k for one from the same person, i have no idea why but it costs me less than 4k if i buy of the AH and if i farm the mats i can do it in a day so it's pure profit! But my servers quite a high pop one and the kits may be very server dependent.

Profession kits do sell fairly well on my realm but I've only seen Alchemy, Inscription, and Blacksmithing. I actually sold an Inscription kit for 10k. Easily done by buying up all the Whiptail and trading Blackfallow Ink (plus the few odds and ends for some of the non-glyph recipes needed to level). A Leatherworking kit might not sell as well since it doesn't make as much money as most of the other professions (at least not as easily. I sell quite a few niche items but nothing in bulk like other profession do) plus the bottlenecks for LW are a real pain to get through so you might have to drive the price higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    And I cannot think of a better time for demand for profession leveling mats than a new expansion