Thread: I need help.

I need help.

So I was a huge fan of DCUO when it came out. I got disgusted with the game when the whole SOE losing personal data fiasco happened. I left DCUO not wanting to pay another single cent to sony.

After awhile I came back with a new F2P account, which I made Legendary, soon after. I decided to use game time cards this time around to protect myself from anything like that happening again.

SO I had a second issue pop up when I started playing again. Developers were leaving major bugs in the game making it nigh unplayable for someone like me who likes to play all aspects of the game. When even one portion of the game breaks down, it ruins the whole thing for me. The issue was specifically the custom chat channels were broken and for a week and a half the Devs kept posting misdiagnosed references, from the voice chat system not working to the inability to keep people logged into the channels. The issue was that you couldn't join or view the channels at all, it was as if they were removed altogether.

The reason custom channels were so important, was/is that the LFG tool in that game is horrific. You can get 4 dps in a group and go nowhere with it, I was a tank so for me most of the time it 1 tank 3 dps. Not geared dps either that can kill before my cooldowns run out either. Compound this issue with about of a third of the server being Brazilian Portuguese speakers, we'd always get a DPS that didn't understand the notion of let the tank pull or don't roll into bosses and they're be no way to communicate with.

The straw that broke the camel's back is when Sony announced it would longer allow game time cards to pay for a subscription, they first removed the ability to pay subscriptions with Station Cash Cards then announced what they were doing mind you. At time I was very annoyed, the last 3 content patches had major bugs that broke the game in one aspect or another, and would persist for a week or so. The dev response was shoddy and out of touch.

But I loved play that game, I loved the action mmo feel to it. I love the DCU. I HATE what this game has become, but I want to play it still. I fear I'll only be incensed by the next screw up. I don't know what to do. Is there another game that similar to it in playstyle? I really don't want to go play a fantasy style MMO again. (Tried Secret World, it was boring to me)

Champions Online and City of Heroes... seems pretty obvious.

If you are tired of fantasy setting MMOs and Secret World bored you [which is NOT a fantasy MMO]... then I do believe you are shit out of luck. Pardon the language.

Guild Wars 2 is an action MMO. But heavily fantasy based and has no class rigid roles such as "tank" or "dps". It is also a very casual game. Not sure if you are adverse to any of that aside from fantasy setting.

Edit: if willing to check out a fantasy based MMO; Tera, Vindictus, Dragon Nest, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Raiderz aforementioned Guild Wars 2, Rusty Hearts and Age of Conan are all rather action-y MMOs.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-07-19 at 03:03 AM.