Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    1. Why not? There are millions of children living without parents, why not give them a pair? There is no study that a homosexual couple can't raise a child just as well as a heterosexual one.
    2.Screws over single people? Ok, well heterosexual marriages screw over single people too by that logic.
    3.Really? With the divorce rates at 50%, celebrity marriages lasting days, what meaning? Also, why do 2 heterosexual people get married? Because they love each other? Well, who's to say to homosexuals can't be in love either.
    4. Taboos and standards? You mean like interracial marriage? For a very long time that was very taboo and thought of as unnatural.
    1. No proof that homosexual parents do no more harm than two heterosexual parents.
    2. No, because heterosexual couples normally have children and hence benefit society more than the extra taxes screw single people.
    3. So ban divorce. The romantic ideal of marriage is the most poisonous idea to ever come from England. Love is a fucking terrible reason to get married.
    4. White woman/black man are over 98% of all black/white children, and result in a single mother raising her children over 90% of the time, compared with 70% of black/black and 27% of white/white. Seems like the prohibition was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Brauhm View Post
    In order to be natural something must occur in nature without human intervention. Thus, homosexuality is natural because animals practice it regularly.

To those arguing against "why would you wanna be like an animal?" how about you stop eating... you know like animals do.
    And stop breeding (probably good for everyone imo)
    and stop pooping
    and peeing
    and walking
    and looking
    and feeling
    and hearing
    hell, just stop breathing too, wouldn't wanna be "too animal"
    And the way all animals normally reproduce is through rape.

Deleted
    Animals participate in incest too, lets all do that. because animals do it, We humans are animals therefore it should be legalized.
    I mean who are people to say you can and can't be with? if a brother and a sister or whatever crazy mix wants to be toghether let them be in love!

Or is that suddenly wrong because you find it wrong? sick children? who cares.. people get sick children all the time, from having poor health during pregnancy or before. therefore that shouldnt even be brought up

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Marriage is an institution of the church and the church has defined it as between a man and a woman.

If the government wants to allow "marriage" for gays then it should legalize 'unions' that give all the legal benefits of marriage without imposing on the sanctity of the church institution. It's that simple.
    Lol you mean the "sanctity" of Britney Spears 48 hour marriage?

How about the random one's that happen in vegas for a fling (or while drunk) that end up in divorce.

Stop pretending like your little "marriage" is sacred because of who CAN'T do it and start focusing on your own.

I went to high school with a girl like you once, she went to prom in a dress that someone else had, flipped shit and then ripped her dress up and caught it on fire. It seems you two have similar wavelengths in thought.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Good" is subjective. After reading through this thread it is abundantly clear that the pro-gay marriage crowd does not understand their opposition. I am pro-gay marriage myself, but at the very least I understand why people do not want it to be legalized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

In order to be natural something must occur in nature without human intervention. Thus, homosexuality is natural because animals practice it regularly.

To those arguing against "why would you wanna be like an animal?" how about you stop eating... you know like animals do.
    and stop pooping
    and peeing
    and walking
    and looking
    and feeling
    and hearing
    I absolutely agree with you. I just meant we're different and not in a good way because we're destroying ourselves and the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    If our ancesters were gay, we were not here chatting right now

To complete a marriage between two people, you must consummate it with your partner. This means vaginal intercourse, hence gay people can't marry. Well, that is in the UK and I don't see a reason for it to be changed. Gay people can obtain all the same rights as married straight people through a civil partnership.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya View Post
    There's more bosses after Saurfang?

Quote Originally Posted by Nudi View Post
    I got 99 problems, but a totem ain't one.
    Word.

Quote Originally Posted by Iracor View Post
    Marriage is an institution of the church and the church has defined it as between a man and a woman.

If the government wants to allow "marriage" for gays then it should legalize 'unions' that give all the legal benefits of marriage without imposing on the sanctity of the church institution. It's that simple.
    Actually, it's been stated multiple times in this thread that marriage existed long before judeo-christian religions

BOOM, GET HIM!

I love the masculine "I'm a guy so I hit on women, but gay gays have to be like women and hit on no one or I feel emasculated and embarrassed because of arbitrary sexual and gender roles."
    gender roles are hardly arbitrary. Anyone with half a brain can notice that men are physically better able to do hard physical laber and that men, from a biological point, are less valuable to the survival of the species. When it comes to reproduction every woman counts, whereas a single happy man could do the job of dozens. This is why women are typically religated to lighter work in homes. Women have largely been happy with this situation until the last few decades when men finally created a world where working involves a comfortable office rather than hard labor

Deleted
    I would prefer that all legal benefits and recognition be removed from marriage, let it simply be an optional religious ceremony for those that want to be bothered with it.

I strongly believe that couples, whether same sex or opposite sex, should not get any legal or tax benefits that single people don't also get.

Quote Originally Posted by Wromthrax View Post
    Yes, it goes against the laws of nature and it should not be promoted and supported by having it legalized and accepted as something normal. Same way drugs aren't legalized. I do not have anything against people that are gay, I can be best friends with them however I'm against promoting and advertising it as something normal which it clearly is not, at least for me.
    And where can I find these 'laws' of nature. A law of nature is generally considered a fact that can be proven through various means to be 100% true all the time, every time. There are no facts saying 2 people of the same sex can't be together, there is only religion saying that and misguided personal opinion.

That makes it NOT a law by definition, of man or nature.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    what?
    1) that's not the only reason, if you think it is, i'd like to see some backup. you make the claim, the burden of proof lies on you.
    2) why shouldn't gays be allowed to adopt again?
    3) straight people DO do that all the time, hell i knew people that would get married just so they could move off-base when they were in the military.
    4) how is homosexuality unnatural again?
    5) how is it a universal taboo? you're aware that taboos are a culturally distinctive thing, right? every culture has a different set.
    These threads always seem to get me in trouble, or at least annoyed, so this will probably be my last post. If you respond, I won't see it.

1. Don't spout off the burden of proof crap. I can turn that around and say prove that it's not the only reason. I can tell just by your lingo that you're probably an atheist.

2. They shouldn't be allowed to adopt because it's raising a kid in an improper environment by default. They'll be getting exposed to a lack of standards from the start. Sure, they may be nice people and mean well, but the child won't be receiving the full perspective. Granted, that often happens anyway, but that can't always be controlled. Adoption can be controlled, however. Since you like using scientific lingo, maybe you should check out the snowball effect. That's exactly what will happen if this kind of stuff gets encouraged and accepted more and more.

3. Yes, they do. It's unfortunate, but again, it's not always avoidable. That doesn't mean that we should promote something that's an exploitation literally every single time. Because, until you prove to me what other legitimate reasons there can be for a gay couple getting married, I'm standing by that statement.

4. Look around you. Whether you're religious or not, just look. Basically the entire world shows it. Males and females mate to continue their respective species. They pal around with their own gender, if they pal around at all, but when it comes to mating, they find the other. Sure, there are the occasional defects, but whether it's God's plan or nature's design, males and females were meant to mate. If everyone turned gay, there's the end of our species. That alone should be enough to prove it's wrong. Obviously not everyone will turn gay, but that doesn't mean it should be encouraged as okay. Sometimes standards should be upheld, even if some people don't like them. Not everything should be okay, and the line of what is and isn't shouldn't be so blurred. This has nothing to do with religion, just general principle and common sense. If people are gay regardless of it being unnatural, that's their call. People can be attracted to kids or their own siblings if they want to as well. That doesn't mean it should be supported.

5. In my society, up until this ridiculous social liberal movement, it was a taboo. It still is, in a lot of people's minds, including mine. I really don't care if other cultures agree, the one I live in is the only one that's relevant to me. Besides, as stated above, I'm basing my views off of obvious nature and common sense, not what society tells me is okay.

This is what baffles me about the liberal mentality. Not necessarily you, cause obviously I don't know you, in fact I don't even know that you're liberal, but their general attitude as a whole. They preach that nobody should be judged negatively for their beliefs, or preferences, or values, or anything else. No matter what. And on paper that's a good ideal, but then they turn around and negatively judge anyone who believes in upholding traditional standards. I'm sorry, if you're offended by my beliefs, agree to disagree I guess, but I will never change my mind on this. The fact that, if everyone was gay, the species would die out in a generation, is enough for me to decide that it's wrong. The fact that basically every species on the planet with male and female counterparts thrives on male and female mating is enough for me to decide that that's the way it's supposed to be, whether designed by nature or by God, whatever. It's got nothing to do with religion, at all. Drugs don't hurt anyone except the person using them, and that's their choice, but it's still illegal because common sense says it's wrong. Same thing here. But no, we're too worried about offending someone to have a right and wrong, beyond discouraging murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Korbany View Post
    I would prefer that all legal benefits and recognition be removed from marriage, let it simply be an optional religious ceremony for those that want to be bothered with it.

I strongly believe that couples, whether same sex or opposite sex, should not get any legal or tax benefits that single people don't also get.
    That's an ignorant statement. I assume you have no idea how tax works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailozh View Post
    Yeah, because you can prevent bullying(ironic)... How incredible selffish is it of you if you were to adopt a child without caring at all of the things he/she will go through... But you obviously only think about yourself enjoyment. Also there's no need to say I'm not a good person because I find gays disgusting and annoying.
    Honestly, the reason you think the child would go through ANYTHING is reason enough to realize how backwards you are in thought. Once homosexuality becomes more socially acceptable, there's going to be a lot less bullying on this topic. I mean the only reason kids make fun of gays is because their parents do it. Stop the chain, and stop blaming the victims. I wouldn't tell two fat parents to not have kids because the other kids might call their parents names, or someone with some type of physical deformity, or a mentally slow (but still parent-able) parent.

10+ Year Old Account

Err...?

Quote Originally Posted by ucplayer View Post
    Because homosexuality is against human nature!
    Riiiiiiiight, you sir fail at logic, good day

Lol you mean the "sanctity" of Britney Spears 48 hour marriage?

How about the random one's that happen in vegas for a fling (or while drunk) that end up in divorce.

Stop pretending like your little "marriage" is sacred because of who CAN'T do it and start focusing on your own.

I went to high school with a girl like you once, she went to prom in a dress that someone else had, flipped shit and then ripped her dress up and caught it on fire. It seems you two have similar wavelengths in thought.
    I try to have a rational discussion on the subject and you decide to simply insult me. This is the problem with any attempt at discussion towards political issues.

I wasn't putting forth my opinion, but rather stating the reason people are against it. I in no way support the worthless marriages that happen on a whim. I believe people should marry someone they actually love and have learned to put up with their flaws, but that doesn't change the fact that marriage at its core is an institution of the church.

It'd be like the church imposing laws on the government. I laid out a completely simple fix to the gay marriage debate that allows both parties to be relatively happy. Same-sex couples are allowed to have all benefits of marriage and be legally recognized as "married", but the church is allowed to keep its definition of marriage.

and stop pooping
    and peeing
    and walking
    and looking
    and feeling
    and hearing
    Look, I have nothing but love for gays and lesbians. Though, just because something is "natural" doesn't mean it's right. I truly believe that gay and lesbians have something crossed in the brain. To them it would be natural as hetero couples, expect it goes against the purpose of having genitals.

Because if it was a "choice" then why the fuck would you choose to be singled out, discriminated against, shunned, and outcast? So yes, it's natural by all means. Though... I just don't buy that it's supposed function of the brain.

Deleted
    Because religion says being gay is bad. Its their cult's rules and if you dont agree with them, then I dont even know why you want to get married in the first place. So no, there is no good reason for church to allow gay marriages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Personally I am all for it. Can't think of a legitimate reason for it not to be legalized?
    It's not normal. Man should be with woman, other ways are prohibited by Bible and common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    These threads always seem to get me in trouble, or at least annoyed, so this will probably be my last post. If you respond, I won't see it.

A BUNCH OF backwards crap.
    So glad this is your last post in this thread, hopefully you get some kind of vocal disease and lose your fingers so you can't sprout bigoted crap like this again.

I'm not even going to respond to anything you said, because you're one of "those" people who thinks you're one semester of the "Christian" class at your local catholic church makes you an expert, when in reality you couldn't be farthest from the truth.

Happy life!