Deleted

[Inscription] - Which Inks to stock up on

Ive just entered the glyph market, yes I know, very late to the market. To that end I don't have a good picture yet of which inks are used most frequently when making glyphs. I'm also aware that the Blackfallow Ink trading will not be available for that much longer with Patch 5.0.4 around the corner. I'd like to buy up a lot of the common inks now, so that I don't waste the stacks of Blackfallow that I have.

Does anyone with more experience of this market have any recommendations as to which inks I should look to stockpile before the Blackfallow Ink trading stops?

Thanks,
    Slrsha

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess you could check wowhead's glyph page, but not all glyphs are on it yet. However, it does give you an idea what inks will be used.
    Last edited by Taurenburger; 2012-07-21 at 05:11 PM.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

I wouldn't really stock up on anything, the glyph market is harsh right now and has been since cata launch, and with MOP glyphs that won't directly increase your damage/healing coming up it's just gonna get even worse.

This is on a server with 2000-4000 TOTAL posted auctions on peak times though, so your experience may not be the same.
    Last edited by Imbasawrus; 2012-07-25 at 06:59 AM. Reason: @Slrsha below

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    I guess you could check wowhead's glyph page, but not all glyphs are on it yet. However, it does give you an idea what inks will be used.
    Thanks for the link. I'll go through it and see what's needed for what.

---------- Post added 2012-07-21 at 11:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Imbasawrus View Post
    I wouldn't really stock up on anything, the glyph market is harsh right now and has been since cata launch, and with MOP glyphs that won't directly increase your damage/healing coming up it's just gonna get even worse.
    I'm surprised by this, I've only been selling glyphs for just under two weeks and have had 120k profit from them already, hence me deciding to stock up on the various inks while I can.

It will of course vary from server to server depending on what your sales are like. You basically have to sell glyphs and see what you're selling the most of. If you have a lot of glyphs from the books that will skew your results, as most are of the sea and the rarity of those will mean you sell a lot. However I'll point you to this thread (http://stormspire.net/content/359-in....html#comments) and on page 2 of the comments this comment:

"For reference, from my accounting:
    Midnight - 11.3%
    Lion - 11.9%
    Jadefire - 8.9%
    Celestial - 4.4%
    Shimmering - 4.5%
    Ethereal - 17%
    Sea - 41.8%
    Blackfallow - 0.6%"

Which seems like a fairly similar breakdown to my own. The inks for me would be sea > ethereal > midnight > lions > jadefire > celestial > shimmering. But then I also have all of the book glyphs. However I believe they will be trainable in the next patch? Which will change that breakdown because more people will have and be selling the of the sea glyphs, which means people selling a lot now will sell less and people selling none now will sell more etc.

I'm looking at trading all my blackfallow for around 35% of the sea 25% ethereal, 20% lions, 15% midnight, 5% celestial. I have enough jadefire and shimmering already and midnight herbs shouldn't be an issue with all the new pandas.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-07-22 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Which seems like a fairly similar breakdown to my own. The inks for me would be sea > ethereal > midnight > lions > jadefire > celestial > shimmering. But then I also have all of the book glyphs. However I believe they will be trainable in the next patch? Which will change that breakdown because more people will have and be selling the of the sea glyphs, which means people selling a lot now will sell less and people selling none now will sell more etc.

I'm looking at trading all my blackfallow for around 35% of the sea 25% ethereal, 20% lions, 15% midnight, 5% celestial. I have enough jadefire and shimmering already and midnight herbs shouldn't be an issue with all the new pandas.
    The glyphs that are learned by books are also learnable by research. This is my Horde side alt: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Caralia/simple

Haven't learned a single book, but still managed to get glyphs that are supposedly only learned from the books. Oddly enough I'm missing all Warlock glyphs, not sure what's up with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    It will of course vary from server to server depending on what your sales are like. You basically have to sell glyphs and see what you're selling the most of. If you have a lot of glyphs from the books that will skew your results, as most are of the sea and the rarity of those will mean you sell a lot. However I'll point you to this thread (http://stormspire.net/content/359-in....html#comments) and on page 2 of the comments this comment:

"For reference, from my accounting:
    Midnight - 11.3%
    Lion - 11.9%
    Jadefire - 8.9%
    Celestial - 4.4%
    Shimmering - 4.5%
    Ethereal - 17%
    Sea - 41.8%
    Blackfallow - 0.6%"

Thank you ever so much for this information, this was the kind of thing I was looking for.

I do have every glyph available in the game, and probably for about 18 months or so - I just never viewed the Inscription market as lucrative before. I've relied mainly on the ore shuffle to make my gold. Wish I'd branched out a bit sooner

---------- Post added 2012-07-22 at 01:37 PM ----------

I just discovered this article, which even gives a spreadsheet so you can calculate what you need to buy. I may just bookmark this one!

http://www.powerwordgold.net/2012/07...ulator-to.html

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    The glyphs that are learned by books are also learnable by research. This is my Horde side alt: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Caralia/simple

Haven't learned a single book, but still managed to get glyphs that are supposedly only learned from the books. Oddly enough I'm missing all Warlock glyphs, not sure what's up with that.
    The armory view is pretty bugged. Plus, there are 471 learnable techniques, so it seems you're missing a few.
    Last edited by wolffish; 2012-07-23 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolffish View Post
    The armory view is pretty bugged. Plus, there are 471 learnable techniques, so it seems you're missing a few.
    Yep, figured as much when I did the research again yesterday (Northrend and Minor) and learned a DK and hunter glyph, when according to the armory I'd only have Warlock glyphs left.