Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you have to pay monthly for GW2?

After watching some people play GW2 during the beta weekend that's going on im starting to really think about getting the game but do you have to pay monthly for it? I don't really feel like paying for that and WoW even though im not playing WoW I still have to pay for it because of the annual pass.

No you dont. Its free, you only have to buy the game.

No
    /thread

AWESOME! im totally getting it. Thanks guys

It is a Pay to Win game... Just like D3 will be once PvP is introduced.

You think you won't pay monthly fee, but to compete you will have to in the end.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    It is a Pay to Win game...

You think you won't pay monthly fee, but to compete you will have to in the end.
    And this is nonsense.

Just lock the thread and infract him. You cant find a more obvious troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    It is a Pay to Win game... Just like D3 will be once PvP is introduced.

What? You've been in this forum for a while.....I've seen you post quite a lot over the last year and you know very well this is not the case.
    There is nothing......absolutely nothing at all.....from the cash shop that increases player power.

DON'T listen to this guy....they're talking nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    What? You've been in this forum for a while.....I've seen you post quite a lot over the last year and you know very well this is not the case.
    There is nothing......absolutely nothing at all.....from the cash shop that increases player power.

DON'T listen to this guy....they're talking nonsense.

$1.50 point boosters for an hour wants to talk to you

Quote Originally Posted by WarJames View Post
    Does not increase your player power in any way. You even get them from exploring and you can buy them with ingame gold.

gotta have something for money. And its exp from kills thats boosted. About how much exp throughout the game is earned from kills alone? Oh yeah, easily less than 30% unless you only grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturtok View Post
    gotta have something for money. And its exp from kills thats boosted. About how much exp throughout the game is earned from kills alone? Oh yeah, easily less than 30% unless you only grind.
    And your level matter how much vs other players? Not at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exp doesn't really matter, you get scaled down anyway...

There are no items that in any way increase your stats in order to give you an advantage over another player. The only boosts that exist grant bonuses to experience, karma, and the like. Not to mention the fact that PvP puts everyone on an even playing field anyways (save WvW), and the gear grind for PvE at lvl80 is virtually non-existent (to my knowledge).

But yes. There's no subscription.

It deson't increase player power......at all. In any way. It's basically a waste of money and is nothing more than a time saver.

Again...there is absolutely no way to increase player power. And as there's no vertical model in any aspect of the game nothing buyable......for even gold and let alone money....is irrelevant.
    Honestly.

GW2 is totally opposite from D3 in that regard folks........please don't listen to the P2W peeps.....it's 100% false.

lol are you all afraid of spending money in the cash shop, im not LOL

keys to open teh boxes

Why do people seem to forget that you can exchange the in game currency for gems and still get the stuff without having to pay real money for it. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone's $1.50 an hour points booster means I don't have to pay $15 a month.
    And considering I don't give a flying fuck how fast someone else levels, I think I get a pretty sweet deal.

lol are you all afraid of spending money in the cash shop, im not LOL

keys to open teh boxes
    ....what an absurd thing to say....I'm just aware that it gets u nothing that I can't get for gold.......and that doesn't help me anyway...it's not like the items will have better stats so I can do higher level content......
    There is simply no benefit to those items. Hence, it's pointless buying them unless it's a time saver.
    There is no power buying. There is no player power benefit to anything in the cash shop. That's kinda the end of it lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Someone's $1.50 an hour points booster means I don't have to pay $15 a month.
    And considering I don't give a flying fuck how fast someone else levels, I think I get a pretty sweet deal.
    This pretty much sums it up. People feel like they're horribly underpowered if they don't reach max level in one and a half days? Let them buy pointless boosters. I'll see them a week later when I'm at max level myself, and they'll have no advantage over me at all - and they literally paid for my enjoyment.