Thread: I'm in love!

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm in love!

Hello forums!
    This has been my first and last GW2 Beta Weekend. I have to admit I was quite sceptical about the game due to baggage from other MMO's, but I have to admit I LOVE GW2!!!!
    I'm so buying the game when it's out. I simply love every single part of the game (That I have experienced so far)!

i spent 3 hrs in WvW this morning. Couldn't think of a better way to wake up =)

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even get to test it Client wouldnt download for me.

Stupid PoS Comcast modem

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    I didn't even get to test it Client wouldnt download for me.

Stupid PoS Comcast modem
    Don't even get me started with comcast.. last time i got a replacement modem from them it still had the previous owners password on it, yes they give you already used modems for replacements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Don't even get me started with comcast.. last time i got a replacement modem from them it still had the previous owners password on it, yes they give you already used modems for replacements.
    Lol doesn't surprise me. I would buy my own but I hae voip through them as well, and cant find a decently priced modem of my own.

It's always good to see someone enjoying GW2, it's an amazing game with a ton of work and dedicated designers behind it. I am 100% going to play it after release also!

I was so psyched for gw2 before the beta events. And i mean. I didnt think about anything else but gw2. i checked ALL footage and read all i could. After the first BWE. I was kinda meh. it sucked because the servers looked like they had been purchased on a local wallmart. Lagged like hell and was really unplayable. i had to skip the 2nd bwe. Was on vacation. But did a lot of research and found out that the servers were stable hell and everything worked really well. however. I had been reading a lot about endgame and about the skills and such.
    But i went into the Bwe3 all excited. i have played now for about 20 hours and i kinda just wanna cancel my preorder now tbh. This game aint gonna last.

I hate the skill sets with weapons. You will be forced to use 1 kind of weapon.

Like with the thief. If you put a dagger mainhand and pistol offhand. you get _1_ dmg ability and the rest is blind/daze or charge crap..

So you need to use a lot of weapon switching to be able to deal massive dmg. no thanks

Im just gonna stick with mop.

This post is no excuse for ANYONE to start bashing out on either of the games. Stay on topic

Glowpipe, maybe GW2 isn't for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I was so psyched for gw2 before the beta events. And i mean. I didnt think about anything else but gw2. i checked ALL footage and read all i could. After the first BWE. I was kinda meh. it sucked because the servers looked like they had been purchased on a local wallmart. Lagged like hell and was really unplayable. i had to skip the 2nd bwe. Was on vacation. But did a lot of research and found out that the servers were stable hell and everything worked really well. however. I had been reading a lot about endgame and about the skills and such.
    But i went into the Bwe3 all excited. i have played now for about 20 hours and i kinda just wanna cancel my preorder now tbh. This game aint gonna last.

Like with the thief. If you put a dagger mainhand and pistol offhand. you get _1_ dmg ability and the rest is blind/daze or charge crap..

So you need to use a lot of weapon switching to be able to deal massive dmg. no thanks

This post is no excuse for ANYONE to start bashing out on either of the games. Stay on topic
    First this game wasn't even designed to keep you playing 24/7 or with a subscription, surely it can pay off if you play it in little bits.

The skills are made to be used on a exact time with some reasoning behind it, you still can alternate weapons, 8 weapon skills if you swap weapons (meaning that you at least dinged 5 and got to think about swapping to get full advantage of it), I don't think you have less skills than usual, most WoW players tend to say "blergh i cant see more spellz!" and the following answer is "well... hell you even use ALL YOUR hotkeys regularly on WoW? most of the time you put them just for an ocassional use, like when you don't want to find an item on your bag and use it".

Sometimes what's wrong is the mentallity that you are using to approach the game, try not seeing the game as a "new gamebreaking MMO that will save the universe" and see it as a rather different MMORPG (taking the standpoint from a league of legends/dota perspective in the pvp aspects) and the game will act totally different for you (at least in PvP)

10+ Year Old Account

You said this game isn't going to last long. Do you honestly expect us to stay quiet until we correct you and destroy your claim? Jerk, telling us to not start shit with you when you made a claim that will offend every fan. Grumble grumble.
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2012-07-22 at 09:48 PM.

Wait..you mean that the game requires some skill from your part? How dare ANet do this.. But anyways like people have said it's just not for you. Enjoy MoP

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    for the weapon skill sets. on my necomancer,
    I used staff for range/chasing/defending points with the marks and long range nukes.(5 attack skills/2 cause support effects)
    I swap to my scepter/focus for mid range nuking(another 5 attack skills/support effects) also usefull for killing stuff on walls.
    If i get a chance I swap to my dagger or axe/ focus for meleerange (another 2 attack/imoblize skills)

now for the points skills, (which I swap out between fights)
    I keep my bloodfiend, the grip skill, a signet of locus if I"m gona be rushing, flesh worm for defending points/escaping, bonefiend for catching players(okay that one fails).

Now for my guardian I use about 3 different weapon sets, and around 8 different off skills depending on what i'm expecting.
    sword/shield,(defending/attacking/expecting trouble)
    greatsword, chasing/catching players,

I have played warrior/guardian/engie(lv 45 last bwe!)necro up to atleast lv 20 each.
    For the bwes, I played all 3, Had alittle trouble for the first bwe, which was cleared up by the end of the first day.(no idea why people were having trouble with it)

I'll probably be playing it on any day thats not a raiding night on mop(still debating on mop)

oh I missed that line of you lamenting how you have to switch weapons lol,
    Last edited by Rustedsaint; 2012-07-22 at 09:51 PM.

Deleted
    That just isn't true - skills 2 and 3 with dagger/pistol are heavy hitters...with 3 you shadowstep and also blind (I think) at the same time as stabbing for a large amount.

The only skill that doesn't damage is 5 - and that is a superb defensive skill (for you and the rest of the party)

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Wait..you mean that the game requires some skill from your part? How dare ANet do this.. But anyways like people have said it's just not for you. Enjoy MoP
    I wouldn't call it skill really. Button is a button.

And Glowpie, it is allowed to not enjoy this game of course, but I do feel that perhaps the PROFESSION is the wrong one, not the game and mechanics. . I played Ranger (and will play ranger if they optimize it properly) and I rarely swapped weapons unless I wanted melee for faster and more visual fights, or the horn for speed boosts. I tried all professions though and I can't remember the switching of weapons being hard at all, just one button and you have it free for use and you can combine weapons to make it like YOU want it.

Deleted
    I played a thief for most of the weekend with all of the weapons...the switching isn't a big deal - the only time I switched was when I wanted to use my shortbow, which absolutely destroys groups...you can get by very happily by not switching; you can even use the shortbow very happily for general use if you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Wait..you mean that the game requires some skill from your part? How dare ANet do this.
    ^this right here, is really the only response needed.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

This is my first BWE as well, I wasn't really skeptical about liking the game or not though, I was just waiting for the release date before I put any money down. I really like the game a great deal even more than I thought I would honestly. Questing/leveling is one of my favorite things in every MMO I've ever played, and GW2 has the best in my opinion. I really like how they have the personal story kinda similar to SWTOR's class stories which I really liked from that game, and the dynamic questing and events just go above a beyond what other games do.

Also I went into this BWE and the game in general only wanting to make three races with three different professions, now I want one of every race and one of every profession except Ranger, Ranger is the only profession that I disliked when playing it, and that's mostly because I don't care much for pet classes/professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    First this game wasn't even designed to keep you playing 24/7 or with a subscription, surely it can pay off if you play it in little bits.
    I keep reading this and one thing people seem to never talk about is that this approach doesn't work well in an MMO. It's fine in a single player game, but an MMO relies on there being others playing. Sure, you can solo a lot of stuff especially leveling, but as people reach max level if they simply stop playing and the population suffers too much things like forming groups, etc don't work as well.

GW2 will be fine for 6 months. After that, though, people will need some reason to keep playing. If too many of them just say "eh, I'll play here and there but just in little bits" it will fail as an MMO. It might still be fine as a single player game, but as an MMO there needs to be others playing somewhat regularly. Remember what the first M in MMO stands for...

---------- Post added 2012-07-22 at 04:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    You said this game isn't going to last long. Do you honestly expect us to stay quiet until we correct you and destroy your claim? Jerk, telling us to not start shit with you when you made a claim that will offend every fan. Grumble grumble.
    Grow up child. People are allowed not to like the game without some illiterate fanboy bitching at them.

Good for you! I feel exact opposite. I thought I will like the game but I couldn't play it for more than two hours, it just sucks balls in my opinion. I can't stand the graphics and the fact that I can't see !@#$ as a melee because of those wanna be cool spell efects just totally killed my interest in this game. Some events were pretty cool tho!