Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    i assumed the issue has been fixed now correct? i mean i know its shady shit and it's really a band-aid for the whole P2W crap but it seems to be manageable now right?
    It's not fixed. They did PR stunt by reducing the cost of heroes by 75%... while also reducing the amount of credits you earn by 75%.

So nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It's not fixed. They did PR stunt by reducing the cost of heroes by 75%... while also reducing the amount of credits you earn by 75%.

So nothing has changed.
    Uh, confirmation on the reduction in credits acquired?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep fuck this:

*snip*

Show us your canceled pre-orders.

Please don't discuss piracy. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-11-14 at 07:26 AM.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Uh, confirmation on the reduction in credits acquired?
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ii-review.aspx

For instance, during my review, completing the campaign earned players a unique loot crate that contained 20,000 credits. That reward is now 5,000 credits. A big change. What else is different? I need to find out. One thing I hope EA is addressing is Arcade rewards; after completing five challenges, I was alerted that I could no longer earn credits in this mode and that more would be available in 14 hours.

So nothing has changed.
    just by doing the story mode and some challenges you can have enough to buy the most expensive hero, its not essential you must unlock all characters within 2 mins of starting the game.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Their reddit post seems to be locked but downvotes amount is still increasing. -628k now. Good.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    just by doing the story mode and some challenges you can have enough to buy the most expensive hero, its not essential you must unlock all characters within 2 mins of starting the game.
    Its still Pay 2 Win, They could make it so after 1hr you unlock everything. If you can drop money to buy the heroes from the get go its still 100% Pay 2 Win.

Stop defending poor ass business practices. I'm normally ok with cosmetic shit like Overwatch, But this 100% crosses the line into p2w.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

For fucks sake...let's see if that holds true for the online multiplayer, because if so that's completely pointless and even worse than them doing nothing.

Though it's amusing to see media just figuring out that arcade rewards are capped, haven't folks been complaining about that cap since the beta? >.>

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of makes me happy and sad this is happening.

Sad because I am a Star Wars Fan and have wanted a good Battlefront game for years since the original BF2.

Happy that even though Star Wars is such a huge IP, that EA is getting this shit thrown at them hard, so they might actually realise what they are doing is utter bullshit.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-11-14 at 09:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Kind of makes me happy and sad this is happening.

Said because I am a Star Wars Fan and have wanted a good Battlefront game for years since the original BF2.

Happy that even though Star Wars is such a huge IP, that EA is getting this shit thrown at them hard, so they might actually realise what they are doing is utter bullshit.
    I just reinstalled original battlefront 2 today.

10+ Year Old Account

So nothing has changed.
    What???

That is utter bullshit and feels like a massive FU to fans.

Why does this have to happen to my favourite franchise

edit: Finishing the campaign credit reward was reduced by 75%. Can't find anything else that says all credit rewards have been reduced.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2017-11-14 at 09:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    What???

That is utter bullshit and feels like a massive FU to fans.

Why does this have to happen to my favourite franchise

edit: Finishing the campaign credit reward was reduced by 75%. Can't find anything else that says all credit rewards have been reduced.
    Maybe Ea got on a edit damage control and they are removing coments like this.

Does it even matter? The amount of retards that will buy the game either way is more, i mean people do not check reddit, or care, most are like "Just the campaign" and they dont realize what damage they do.

We will see how it goes, but we all know how it will end.

10+ Year Old Account

Dirty dews.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to people on Reddit, EA have removed the automated option for a refund from Origin and you have to contact their support and wait an hour or more to cancel your pre-order.

If this is true then lol...

Supposedly supposed to be an reddit ama soon, i predict a bloodbath.

10+ Year Old Account
    So glad I didn't pre order, I really like the look of the game and enjoyed Battle front enough to warrant getting this at some point. I'll buy this for a tenner in a few years time or just complete the story mode on a rental copy.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I'll buy this for a tenner in a few years time or just complete the story mode on a rental copy.
    Took about 4 hours on hard. Pretty generic, too. Acting in it is great, but if you expect a fully fledged Star Wars story youll be disapointed.

Only this MMORPG website has an army of people to defend "Pay to Win".
    The reason is that they are ok with "$60 instant level 90", "an hour experience boost" and "$50 newb gear".

They are also ok with "unlock one raid wing every week".

For a single player $60 game, it is unacceptable.
    For example, you bought a Mario game. You unlock a level a day. Pay more to unlock an extra level.

Anyone else see the post made by an EA community manager calling everyone "Armchair developers"? Just wow...
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2017-11-14 at 11:34 AM.