Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

More details.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Should have just called it shit without playing. By playing it he became WBG shill.
    So whether the guy bought the game himself to review or was sent a reviewer copy...by simply reviewing the game it makes him a shill for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    So whether the guy bought the game himself to review or was sent a reviewer copy...by simply reviewing the game it makes him a shill for it?
    Apparently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently.
    Every reviewer in the world must be shills then. Crazy world we live in.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I keep hearing about $80 characters you can't play and uhm. And. And....uhhhhhhhhhh. *thinking omg sec*

And about preorders not being cancelled unless you wait 60 minutes on the phone.

Can someone give me a TL;DR about what's happening? I know nothing.

"EA is releasing a game called Star Wars Battlefront 2, and their preorders were scams." ? Is that it? What exactly is wrong with the preorder?

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    It's -275k as I am writing this post. EA must be writing a guide on how to win the worst PR and worst company award, again and again.
    As they sit back, fat and greasy, counting their millions of dollars.

I really, really wish their company would shut down. I never wish for people to be out of work/employment, but what this company does to its customers is just wrong.

If their game needs more $$$ to develop, charge a higher price and tell us why. Don't pass it off as lootboxes. I would be all for video games maybe going up $10-20 on initial cost, because games have been the same price for decades. But this lootbox bullshit needs to go. It's an awful tactic that wreaks of greed.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    Ah we finally lived the Day to see Disney being mentioned of promoting gambling... glorious

I hope the backlash keeps up... this isnt just about battlefront 2 / EA... we're talking about the entire video game industry bullshit
    Is it Disney’s fault? I figured because ea had the contract they had most of the control over the games and Disney can’t do much other then ok the story into cannon.

Apparently.
    Thinking I missed a previous poster that had been replied to (only checked last 2 pages of thread). Some folks have some interesting...logic.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well would you want to play grindy P2W multiplayer?
    Oh god no that’s the reason I didn’t even think of getting it. I am watching the story on YouTube though like I normally do with games I don’t want to play but still look interesting.

EA released their new controller optimized for EA games.

Deleted
    This outrage is hilarious, and justified.

But its sad that when this game releases this outrage will accomplish nothing, so many people will still pre-order and buy the game and its DLC / microtransactions that the game will still become a best seller.

Every time EA release a game the internet goes through this same cycle, and nothing ever comes from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I keep hearing about $80 characters you can't play and uhm. And. And....uhhhhhhhhhh. *thinking omg sec*

And about preorders not being cancelled unless you wait 60 minutes on the phone.

Can someone give me a TL;DR about what's happening? I know nothing.

"EA is releasing a game called Star Wars Battlefront 2, and their preorders were scams." ? Is that it? What exactly is wrong with the preorder?
    Nothing wrong with the pre-order it self, people are just unhappy with some of the decisions made about the game, relating to how you unlock content. Basically to unlock heroes like vader and luke, you need something like roughly 40 hours game time per hero, or you can gamble with loot crates you buy. Someone from some news site (can't remember which one) spent $120 on loot crates and only 50% of the credits needed to unlock the heroes.

So in response EA basically made reddit post saying they want unlocks to feel rewarding etc, this went down badly and is now reddits most downvoted comment with something like 650k downvotes in 2 days.

Then EA released a statement saying they've listened and have reduced the cost/time needed to unlock the heroes by 75%, sounds good right?

Well apparently they also reduced the credits you earn by roughly the same amount so in the end it takes the same amount of time as before.

Im not sure if that last part is true, just something i read on reddit.

So in response people are cancelling their pre-orders, and apparently EA have removed the cancel pre-order button from their website and you now need to phone them which can take 40mins.

And again, i don't know if the cancellation bit is true as i haven't pre-ordered myself. If it is true i actually don't think EA did that for sinister reasons, more likely to ease pressure off their servers during high load.

This is all just stuff i've read on reddit, i've not played or bought the game myself.

I also think all this outrage will have no effect, the number of people who actually cancel their pre-order or don't buy the game specifically because of this will be small compared to the number of people that do buy it.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2017-11-14 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Finishing the campaign credit reward was slashed by 75%, not other credit gains.

I'm pissed at all the P2W shit as well, but don't spread misinformation.

I heard there is a daily credit cap, is that true?
    Yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Obi wan: You cant win, Anakin. I have purchased the High Ground paid DLC
    Anakin: You underestimate my wallet.

Also:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad that the game will still sell very well

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yes

Ugh. Stuff like that just irritates me. Honestly, I hate having to unlock things in multiplayer games to begin with since it plays havoc on balance and enjoyment, but to then add arbitrary limits on how fast you can get through the already annoying grind is out right repugnant.

Deleted
    I don't know what you guys are on about, I really don't.

Are you really that spoiled you want everything on day 1? I mean, BF1 had that and guess what, everyone on the forums complained about it.

I played the game for few hours today and I feel like I achieved quite a lot! I unlocked a fair bit of star cards and am already on a good path to customize how I want to play my characters. The progression is steady and very much rewarding ... you don't even feel tempted to buy those crates.

Just play the game ... it's fun! All you do is hang onto these numbers and complain how they change and switch 'em around, etc., etc. ... I really hope Game Companies just stop communicating with the "community" and release a product without a word ...

Oh and about unlocking Heroes ... I played around 4 hours today altogether and I already unlocked Darth Sidious, without spending a dime in cash shop ... so stop being foolish and don't follow these so called "game reviewers", because with all this complaining is how they get paid ...

Anyway, do what you want, moan on the forums about stuff you know only from some "game reviewers", hell if I care. The game is good and worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    Are you really that spoiled you want everything on day 1? I mean, BF1 had that and guess what, everyone on the forums complained about it.
    Yes. Or at the very least not gated behind a 40 hour grind per iconic hero character.

And who complained about it in BF1? (not sure if you mean Battlefront or Battlefield 1 -_-)

It's not called "being spoiled" wanting a game to be fully unlocked because you paid money for it, and shouldn't have to resort to paying more money for actual character unlocks.

It's one thing if it was all cosmetic, but its not.

10+ Year Old Account

I played the game for few hours today and I feel like I achieved quite a lot! I unlocked a fair bit of star cards and am already on a good path to customize how I want to play my characters. The progression is steady and very much rewarding ... you don't even feel tempted to buy those crates.

Just play the game ... it's fun! All you do is hang onto these numbers and complain how they change and switch 'em around, etc., etc. ... I really hope Game Companies just stop communicating with the "community" and release a product without a word ...

Oh and about unlocking Heroes ... I played around 4 hours today altogether and I already unlocked Darth Sidious, without spending a dime in cash shop ... so stop being foolish and don't follow these so called "game reviewers", because with all this complaining is how they get paid ...

Anyway, do what you want, soak on the forums about stuff you know only from some "game reviewers", hell if I care. The game is good and worth it!
    People aren't complaining about the slow unlock speeds of upgrades/characters in a vacuum. They are complaining about the slow unlock speeds of upgrades/characters given the fact that people who pay to win can instantly unlock them by spending money.

I was thinking about getting the game, even looking forward to it. But the decisions made around the game is awful. Hopefully it'll change or the game will be so discounted I'll consider buying it then.

I feel like things like this make me appreciate Blizzard more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    People aren't complaining about the slow unlock speeds of upgrades/characters in a vacuum. They are complaining about the slow unlock speeds of upgrades/characters given the fact that people who pay to win can instantly unlock them by spending money.
    I don't even think it's that. I think it's more the idea that there are integral parts of the game locked behind some sort of loot box system. The prior Battlefront games all had heroes as part of the game play. And now you don't have access unless you pay a lot of money or grind for many hours. And not only heroes, but (I'll call them) power ups as well. This makes the game look like a pay to play type of game, except you also threw in 60 dollars to purchase the game.

If I think of something comparable in Wow, maybe something like, no one can fly in the new zones, except people who pay an additional 100 dollars.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.