Thread: LF an fps game

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Are you looking for multiplayer FPS or just FPS games in general?

FPS in general, check out some CoD's, day of defeat: source, or tribes ascend.
    if you want a competitive FPS (with friends) fps, CS 1.6 or wait for global offensive.

Sadly, at the current moment we have tons of FPS games to play, but only a few can be seen as competitive, "balanced", etc. Almost every game can be fit for multiplayer fun with your friends, but only enough can be considered competitive and you can count them on one hand in todays age.

I have no idea how someone can be tired of CS, unless they don't play online leagues/lans. I mean, seriously. It's the pacman of competitive games, there isn't any other FPS that can even stand on the same legs as CS in a competitive scene.

That being said, I've been playing CS:GO since the day it came out as a beta. It's been progressing amazingly, and it's going to be the best competitive/most popular FPS for a while. They've been fixing the things they need to, and intend on perfecting it for years beyond its release. Keep your eyes on it and buy it when it comes out, after all, it's only going to be $15.00

If you dont' like pay to win, then leave most of the free to play FPS alone.
    Sure you can unlock it all on your own, but that's too much time for me. I'd rather be on par with everyone else right off the bat.

You could always look into the Arma2 mod- DayZ if you want some fun PvP and a decent learning curve.
    Always best to play with a group for sure

And really, if you're not into the ones you've already listed, then IDK what to tell ya lol

Single player games-- Bulletstorm, Bioshock, The Darkness 2, Crysis, and many more.

Quake Live. Sure, it's over a decade old but no current FPS can touch it in terms of skill required and the learning curve it provides.

Tribes ascend. The skill requirement is so much higher than any other shooter released in the last 10 years that I almost want to burn all the rest in my front yard :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tribes: Ascend is awesome, try that

There's a lot of donkeying (people shooting grenades/shotguns getting cheesy aoe kills) but it's a pretty still intensive game otherwise, and super duper fast paced. Games fire quickly, there's tons of different weapon set ups and power ups u can use. Its a rly good game, especially considering its free.

Quote Originally Posted by deathlink View Post
    If your a battlefield fan, then there is no hope for you. You have come to love a lower quality and standard of fps, and therefore will not find another fps you enjoy

On the other hand, i know what you said i recommend cod

Yeah that lovely feeling of using a railgun with lovely spawns.

CoD is just that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Unreal Tournament 3 is pretty nice if you like fast-paced shooting.
    Unreal Tournament 2004 is hands down the best multiplayer fps of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

cod4 is still a great game!
    ggg

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Unreal Tournament 2004 is hands down the best multiplayer fps of all time.
    I still like the original Unreal Tournament better, because it seems a little faster, but yeah, 2004 is nice too.

Perhaps i was too quick on judging CoD i played it at a mates house once i think i should give it another go?