Deleted

WTB ALL ITEMS! Profitable or not?

Hey! I have seen a guy now for a month spamming trade with "I want to buy ALL YOUR HERBS, ORES, AND ENCHANTING MATS." When you sell stuff to him , he takes bulks. But pays 90 gold per Maelstrom if AH is 120. Same with all other. Then you see him selling all stuff. I have compared achievements with him for days, and it seems hes making HUGE.. I mean really HUGE profit everyday. Is there any tricks to make this profitable, cause I started thinking to do it somewhere else, which seems here he is dominating.

Thanks on forehand. PvPWithoutUILolz.

Deleted
    Selling stuff for 120g, which you've bought for 90g, sounds profitable to me.

What it lacks in margins, it makes up for in volume.

No tricks involved, just a good grasp of current market prices.

I have read on some threads here that there is a population of players that just want these things out of their bags. They see posting on the AH and the possibility of relisting as a hassle they can't be bothered with.

So this player seems to probably fill a niche for other players who just want the gold quick no matter what the fair price is. My guess is that consistency is their trick. Building a reputation through their trade talk, and creating relationships that way. Farmers might also like the quick turnaround as well.

And if he undercuts farmers in AH, then he might get more customers in trade. I'm pretty sure he controls AH prices as well.

Deleted
    He deserves it if he is going to put in the time. he needs to ensure what he is buying is sellable though or he will be left with a lot of junk. You would need to know your prices though.

Back in Vanilla some people bought up the entire ah and relisted everything at a premium/ Some people bought up the bank as well. Crazy days.
    he will never beat the botters though becayse they get their mats virtually free and spare me the opportunity cost argument.

Coming to the end of the expansion... lots of people dumping stuff from banks, bank alts, guild banks etc. Whereas it still has value to lots of other people. He'll need to time it relatively well to not be sitting on a huge stockpile come the new expansion... then again 6 months after that his cata herbs gems ore etc will still make him money as people level profs on alts and pandas

No tricks. Simply just follow the market and try to pick it up in a different department. It seems as though he is covering all the obvious, desired , and easy to flip items. Try something different. Don't get discouraged if you lose money either, once you get the hang of it you will profit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    He deserves it if he is going to put in the time. he needs to ensure what he is buying is sellable though or he will be left with a lot of junk. You would need to know your prices though.
    Herbs/ores/enchanting mats always sell, so that's not an issue.

As for prices - he doesn't need to buy everything, as long as everything he buys is cheap enough.