22 3.64%
  • 0 (cuz I'm a troll)

37 6.13%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

/fillupwoop

Best game of all time. OF ALL TIME.

At least for me anyways. I'm sure many don't love it as much as I do but it's what I've been waiting for for so many years, and honestly I never thought it would happen, but it did!

But anyways, it's my opinion this is the best game ever.

Deleted
    7 out of 10.

It's good and fun, but the graphics can be a bit lacking and some design choices are boring or uninteresting. There's other things I can't really put my finger on. Something just seems to be missing to make it a 10 out of 10.

Voted 6.

It just didnt suit me, the movement felt very slow and clunky, the no diminishing returns was pretty bad too. I played GW1 for a year and i thought it just looked like GW1 with bells and whistles..

Also scary resemblance to Aion

Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    I'm not trying to be disparaging, but I think you were really doing it wrong.

You never ever want to grind mobs in GW2. Mobs give low exp on purpose.
    I don't think he's doing it wrong....

I know he's doing it wrong.

Oh well, you'll have this. People dislike a game or downvote it because they didn't understand it or know how to play it. Same thing happens to Steam haters.

10 baby, love this game

Gave it a 4/10. I was hoping to love the game, as I loved GW, but ended up being really disappointed.

- Didn't like the artistic style of the game. It is somewhere between cartoony and realistic, but not working as any of those. I understand it can appeal to other people, of course... just a matter of taste.
    - Didn't like the race design and the world design. I don't think it blends together really well... each of the 5 starting zones seemed to me as coming from a different world. This is, of course, another matter of taste, but something I really value on MMO's: I like to feel part of a world that seems coherent and appealing.
    - Don't like the class design. I usually play casters in this kind of games, but I found rather hard to enjoy any class. I loved the mesmer design in GW as a debuffer/quick caster, but I didn't like it at all in GW2. The "clones" mechanic seemed very odd, and the possibilty of going melee with a sword is totally unappealing to me and made no sense. Elementalist was also a let down: a lot of abilities, but they just felt like variations of the same one, I didn't find any ability just "fun" to use, not even in the utililty slots you unlock leveling up. Maybe in the final "ult" slot? Dunno...
    - Don't like the skill system. I understand the skill system in GW had a lot of unused skills and was very hard to balance, but I loved the freedom of choosing every skill and try crazy builds. If I go Guardian with a 2h sword... BAM! 5 skills fixed (and the 6th is going to be a heal no matter what). Boring
    - I don't see the big difference between questing as we know in other MMO and "hearts" and DE's in this game. For me, it was the same boring grind. Sure, you don't need to get the quest or hand it at the end, but you end up doing the same things: killing spiders and collecting thingies. Big difference. Also, in DE's... with so many people I felt I was making no impact in the mission, I could fight every mob or just sit idle... the result would be the same.
    - I am quite skeptical about the lack of endgame. I know the "all the game is endgame" chore, but as I leveled up and being honest, I didn't felt like wanting to repeat all the DE's, even if they would match my level: they all felt kinda generic and unappealing, even the world bosses. Don't know about the dungeons, though...

I did liked other things, of course... specially being able to cast on the move, and the dodging ability. I wasn't very keen about animations, and I didn't felt as much "in control" of my character as in other games, don't know why (maybe the UI, or just maybe that I'm too used to those).

Those are my 2 cents, hope I don't offend/bother anybody. I understand how people are excited about the game, but for the moment I just felt it is not for me :/

7 its a pretty solid game for a F2P, I wish I could pay a sub for this game, I think they could do more things with a solid subscription system to provide more fuel.

9/10 seems right.

8/10 a very good looking game,saying there is no flaws would be silly,cant wait for release date.

Well I'm not surprised that it got such a high rating here but from what I've been hearing it was pretty "meh" overall. I didn't vote because I didn't bother to even try it, (it's not for me) but it's nice to read a few serious responses about the game.

I think out of the box, its an 8 out of 10. Based on what I played (several races to level 10) it can't be lower than that.

I may rate it higher once I get a chance to delve deeper into the crafting, exploration, dungeons, and WvWvW. But even if all of those completely suck, just playing through all the zones and personal stories will make this a SOLID game.

Its got a big advantage over other MMO launches, in that its very different. No tab targeting; no holy trinity; every class has range and melee abilities; dodging.

Quote Originally Posted by daguis View Post
    Gave it a 4/10. I was hoping to love the game, as I loved GW, but ended up being really disappointed.

- Didn't like the artistic style of the game. It is somewhere between cartoony and realistic, but not working as any of those. I understand it can appeal to other people, of course... just a matter of taste.
    - Didn't like the race design and the world design. I don't think it blends together really well... each of the 5 starting zones seemed to me as coming from a different world. This is, of course, another matter of taste, but something I really value on MMO's: I like to feel part of a world that seems coherent and appealing.
    - Don't like the class design. I usually play casters in this kind of games, but I found rather hard to enjoy any class. I loved the mesmer design in GW as a debuffer/quick caster, but I didn't like it at all in GW2. The "clones" mechanic seemed very odd, and the possibilty of going melee with a sword is totally unappealing to me and made no sense. Elementalist was also a let down: a lot of abilities, but they just felt like variations of the same one, I didn't find any ability just "fun" to use, not even in the utililty slots you unlock leveling up. Maybe in the final "ult" slot? Dunno...
    - Don't like the skill system. I understand the skill system in GW had a lot of unused skills and was very hard to balance, but I loved the freedom of choosing every skill and try crazy builds. If I go Guardian with a 2h sword... BAM! 5 skills fixed (and the 6th is going to be a heal no matter what). Boring
    - I don't see the big difference between questing as we know in other MMO and "hearts" and DE's in this game. For me, it was the same boring grind. Sure, you don't need to get the quest or hand it at the end, but you end up doing the same things: killing spiders and collecting thingies. Big difference. Also, in DE's... with so many people I felt I was making no impact in the mission, I could fight every mob or just sit idle... the result would be the same.
    - I am quite skeptical about the lack of endgame. I know the "all the game is endgame" chore, but as I leveled up and being honest, I didn't felt like wanting to repeat all the DE's, even if they would match my level: they all felt kinda generic and unappealing, even the world bosses. Don't know about the dungeons, though...

I did liked other things, of course... specially being able to cast on the move, and the dodging ability. I wasn't very keen about animations, and I didn't felt as much "in control" of my character as in other games, don't know why (maybe the UI, or just maybe that I'm too used to those).

Those are my 2 cents, hope I don't offend/bother anybody. I understand how people are excited about the game, but for the moment I just felt it is not for me :/
    I totally agree with your point about the abilities and the different builds you could get with GW1 as well as the questing.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Even the people who absolutely hate WoW more than any other game can at least recognize the development quality in the game.

People voting it a 10 out of 10 are likely the people who simply found no flaws with the game, and are guaranteed to recommend the game to anybody and everybody they know, no matter how much that person would be annoyed by it.
    There are, however, people in this very thread who admit to the game having flaws, and yet they rank it 10/10 anyway, which, by definition, is reserved for perfect games only. In my eyes, that is no different than someone giving the game a 0/10, even if they admit that it has decent/good development quality. Ergo both 10/10 and 0/10 are tainted with extreme bias and should be ignored.

Deleted
    I voted for a 7/10.
    I liked it, there was a bit of the usual DC's which hindered my exp a bit but overall, defiantly not a bad game ( Not basing the rate on instability that is always expected).

The F2P is a massive + imo, and I think that alone will be a mass attention grabber. I'll not delve into the whole WoW killer shit as it's not needed, I dare say it could potentially give Blizz a bit of the shits and maybe help them push on to make MoP great. ( Still play WoW and very very happy with it, was just saying)
    I look forward to buying it when it comes out, I'll not be the first in the queue by a long way for purchasing it, I'll be there in the first week though. Will be fun to play.

I will say though about your Poll. Remove the "(cuz I'm a troll)" part from 0. If people really do dislike it, it's not because they're a troll, people do have opinions and serious Dislikes (although no doubt trolls will hit it).. It's a bit biased when you don't have a "10 - LOVE GW MORE THAT LIFE ITSELF" or something similar beside the 10 rating

I can only judge on what I witnessed myself, so it's too early to pass a valid assessment. I'll give it an 8/10 based on this weekend.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    7/10, Enjoyed the Devents(excerpt that F*^&%* fire elemental boss), the pvp and the WvWvW(nothing like a nailing 40 people with a treb shot at max range),
    thou Im alittle disappointed that it won't be directx11 at release , necromancers minions need alot more work(they so weak).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    There are, however, people in this very thread who admit to the game having flaws, and yet they rank it 10/10 anyway, which, by definition, is reserved for perfect games only. In my eyes, that is no different than someone giving the game a 0/10, even if they admit that it has decent/good development quality. Ergo both 10/10 and 0/10 are tainted with extreme bias and should be ignored.
    I have yet to give a 10/10 out (GW2 being the exception) but then again -most- scores i give are pretty high because i'm a really easy to please and easily entertained person who doesn't notice flaws unless they are massive and make the game unplayable, like people on this forum nit pick and point out all these "flaws" that i don't even notice even AFTER they "point them out".
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

iam a fun of the game but ill give it a 7/5=8 becaise 9 and 10 are pretty hardcore numbers to give to a game...

As for the Questing
    Caps incoming
    "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE...YOUD DONT DO QUESTS IN TEH GAME...YOU DO EVENTS,QUESTS ARE THERE FOR THE STORY ALONE AND BREAKS BETWEEN EVENTS"
    End of caps :P

Deleted
    6/10 too much hype for a game that lacks a well designed combat system (the real core of any action game imho)