14 2.32%

4 0.66%

22 3.64%
  • 0 (cuz I'm a troll)

37 6.13%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciscokidd12 View Post
    7 its a pretty solid game for a F2P, I wish I could pay a sub for this game, I think they could do more things with a solid subscription system to provide more fuel.
    Just use the cash shop and get $13 per month worth of fun stuff ... boom, you are paying a sub fee and getting fun extras for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    I can't understand the 10/10s. If Drakewurrum is ignoring all 0s saying they are for a game that doesn't work at all, a 10/10 would have to be PERFECT. This game is not perfect.
    Anything above 8 is sorta lolzy/ignorance, to be honest. 10 implies perfection or at the least genre defining; Starcraft, DOTA, Diablo 2, Quake, Half-Life, Symphony of the Night, Ocarina of Time. In a higher sense 10 would also imply true art in the medium; Shadow of the Colossus, Grim Fandango, A Mind Forever Voyaging, Zork or Missile Command.

I think you have to read the comments of 9s & 10s in the context provided of, "this is a game I greatly enjoy." Or don't as the case may be for some players. Which is fine. Bring on the 0s and 10s in that case.

Most look at games as entertainment. The medium's consumers are not particularly... um, awesome.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-07-25 at 01:21 AM.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love how people who voted 10/10 (flawless) aren't considered valid votes. Apparently my opinion is wrong. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    7 out of 10.

It's good and fun, but the graphics can be a bit lacking and some design choices are boring or uninteresting. There's other things I can't really put my finger on. Something just seems to be missing to make it a 10 out of 10.
    Dude, Your avatar is so fucking creepy I don't know where to begin.

Deleted
    Voted 9, mainly because I dislike the underwater combat/content and think the spvp could be better if they had done it like GvG, otherwise I would gave it a 10.
    Best mmorpg I've ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    And if you think that GW2 has no flaws, you're a ... ?
    A dirty blind fanboy?

I gave this an 8/10 for now. The Personal Story (for Humans at least) was incredibly cheesy and cliche. Many of the dynamic events became very repetitive and not too creative. Hopefully they become more interesting as we get higher in level. I remember Anet saying they didn't want to make their DEs too complex so early on in the game, so I still have hope.

Other than those minor issues I loved everything else. The combat system is unique among most MMORPGs, making it the only MMO that I enjoyed to PVP in. Dynamic Events are a nice change from your typical questing systems and add a little more realism to the game. The thing I enjoyed the most and is what makes me very excited for this game are the world bosses at the end of an event chain. For example:

The most fun I have had so early in a mmo.

Note: This video is BWE#2. He seemed to have been buffed in BWE#3. The fight took me around 5-7 mins
    Last edited by Twilight Cultist; 2012-07-25 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I love how people who voted 10/10 (flawless) aren't considered valid votes. Apparently my opinion is wrong. :P
    Not at all. The poll is hardly scientific or some serious basis of critique. It's all personal fun.

But ya'know, the 0s and 1s are as valid as the 9s & 10s. :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exces View Post
    Voted 7, Seems like a good solid game but nothing to go nuts over.
    My thoughts exactly.

9 just because I don't like voting 10.
    I love the bell curve that appears on graphs of situations like this poll.
    I'll stop here before I start talking about math.

I've seen a lot of disparaging comments about the graphics ... is that mostly from younger gamers? I usually don't even think about graphics when I am playing a game. I mean ... at the time, when my brother first told me about Everquest -- about how everyone plays in this giant world together -- the image I had in my head was worse than some sega games (how could it be so hugely multilayer, be connected online through dial-up and still have decent graphics?) ... I was blown away! Maybe it's just me!

Not only are the graphics great in GW2 ... but unimportant

For me, it'd be a 10. The game does have some flaws, yes, but to me, no game is without flaw. I give it a 10 because I find it very enjoyable and it's something that I will be able to play for a long time to come. Call me a fangirl if you want, but hey, I'm having fun. It's what I've been looking for in an MMORPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say 8 in my experience. It's fun, engaging, and well thought out. There's a few things that are small quality of life improvements that would make it better functionally (mailing things to people, for example -- wtb WoW-like dropdown when typing in the receiver's name), as well as some different maps for PvP (non hold three points based). For the most part, it's largely what I expected.

I'm hoping the endgame PvE isn't a slap in the face (if there is any, I've been hearing it's just PvP oriented).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    People giving it a 10 are blind. There's no way it's perfect, and things can always be improved upon. I gave it an 8. People say that it's exactly what they've been looking for, but what they apparently fail to understand is that for most people this amazing feeling is only because you're exploring a new world that hasn't been completely scoured and documented. The same people who at release thought that they'd play WoW forever and never be bored are now bored with the game because there's NOTHING new to do, see, or find. Also, people have only really experienced the early parts of the game. Age of Conan is an infamous example of a stellar early-level experience that turned into complete shit late game.

That said I guess this is an opinion poll of what you think after the beta weekends, so most opinions will change completely by the time a few months have passed since release.

"Beta: SW:TOR IS AMAZING" "A week after release: SW:TOR IS THE WORST GAME EVER, I'M GOING BACK TO WoW"

"Beta: RIFT IS AMAZING" "A week after release: RIFT ISN'T THAT GREAT, I'M GOING BACK TO WoW"

"Beta: DC UNIVERSE IS AMAZING" "A week after release: DC UNIVERSE SUCKS, I'M GOING BACK TO WoW"
    Last edited by Artravus; 2012-07-25 at 01:48 AM.

I gave it an 8.
    So far I really liked it, but it is too early for me to give it a 9 or 10.
    They know how to milk the cow.

Quote Originally Posted by daguis View Post
    Gave it a 4/10. I was hoping to love the game, as I loved GW, but ended up being really disappointed.

- Didn't like the race design and the world design. I don't think it blends together really well... each of the 5 starting zones seemed to me as coming from a different world. This is, of course, another matter of taste, but something I really value on MMO's: I like to feel part of a world that seems coherent and appealing.
    - Don't like the class design. I usually play casters in this kind of games, but I found rather hard to enjoy any class. I loved the mesmer design in GW as a debuffer/quick caster, but I didn't like it at all in GW2. The "clones" mechanic seemed very odd, and the possibilty of going melee with a sword is totally unappealing to me and made no sense. Elementalist was also a let down: a lot of abilities, but they just felt like variations of the same one, I didn't find any ability just "fun" to use, not even in the utililty slots you unlock leveling up. Maybe in the final "ult" slot? Dunno...
    - Don't like the skill system. I understand the skill system in GW had a lot of unused skills and was very hard to balance, but I loved the freedom of choosing every skill and try crazy builds. If I go Guardian with a 2h sword... BAM! 5 skills fixed (and the 6th is going to be a heal no matter what). Boring

I did liked other things, of course... specially being able to cast on the move, and the dodging ability. I wasn't very keen about animations, and I didn't felt as much "in control" of my character as in other games, don't know why (maybe the UI, or just maybe that I'm too used to those).

Those are my 2 cents, hope I don't offend/bother anybody. I understand how people are excited about the game, but for the moment I just felt it is not for me :/
    I agree with race design. I don't really have a preference for races, but after playing the beta some races are just better than others outside of SPvP with their racial skills, which became the only factor that mattered when choosing my race. Personally I hate that all MMOs have these racial skills, I think race, for the sake of gameplay, should be purely aesthetic.

I really like class design in GW2. Only 8 classes to choose from but each class plays differently from the other. Normally I don't like rolling alts but I find myself actively playing 5/8 of the classes. About mesmers, I never played GW1 so I have no clue how they operated there, but I I loved playing sword/sword as a squishy clothie relying purely on active utility to survive. It felt much more rewarding than playing safely at range and dealing mediocre damage.

I'm the opposite on this one. I hate when RPGs have a huge bloated selection of skills to choose from. Eventually this all comes down to going online and looking for cookie cutter builds and the experimental ones are all gimmicky and very situational builds. The reason I was turned off from RIFT was the ridiculous amount of abilities you got. For the sake of balance I like that they go with fewer skills.

Overall the game isn't entirely flawless in every single aspect, although most of my issues stem from UI functionality, however I give it a 9/10

9/10 - had a blast, loved questing, battlegrounds and WvW. I know the game isn't perfect so I can't give it a 10/10 but if you asked me what was wrong with it I'd struggle to answer.

9/10. It wasn't "OMGWTFBBQ BEST GAME EVAR" but I see myself enjoying this game for quite a while.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    7/10. I'm a big fan of the game and have gotten several friends to play it alongside me, but it's by no means perfect. I have to say, with each BWE I was increasingly satisfied and respect their responses and handling of players, and I honestly can't wait to play the game when it comes out, but it does have a couple of things to improve on, which I won't go OT by talking about too much here. Definitely a great game though.

Its a ok game. My expectations was way higher and i know for a fact it will be something i play for a couple of weeks then over to something else

This was my most anticipated game ever. so far in beta it failed to deliver on almost everything.

Ill give it a 6/10. casual time killer. Just like swtor and rift. Nothing that gonna nor go nuts over as ppl have stated
    Last edited by glowpipe; 2012-07-25 at 01:51 AM.