Deleted

Upgrade able to stream and fraps

Haii, I would like some help upgrading my current build so i will be able to stream and fraps Wow at a decent FPS (35+)

My current build is

Win7/Win8

Amd phenomenon? Quad core 2.8Ghz
    4GB Ram
    Radeon 5670HD

I was able to Fraps 25man Deathwing at 16FPS wich i think is way to low
    I usually run wow at 45-60 FPS on high with shadows on low

I'm not much into computers so if you need additional information to help me let me know.

I am looking for a Cheap upgrade, altho no Budget have been made so i am open to suggestions

Thank you
    Last edited by mmoc8d3f4cebcb; 2012-07-25 at 12:24 PM.

Deleted
    It would help if you tell us what's your current PSU and Motherboard / RAM (DDR2 or 3).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by J0hndoe View Post
    It would help if you tell us what's your current PSU and Motherboard / RAM (DDR2 or 3).
    According to Cpu-z

Motherboard = MS-7646
    Ram DDR3 - PC-10700(667mhz)

PSU = ??? i am gonna guess this is power supply in that case i have no idea how to check that, so if i could get some help on how to do that since there is no information on the power supply.

10+ Year Old Account
    You will probebly need to upgrade both your CPU and GPU.

And maybe with that needs to come a new Mobo aswell due to socketing..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    You will probebly need to upgrade both your CPU and GPU.

And maybe with that needs to come a new Mobo aswell due to socketing..
    2.8Ghz Quad core is too low for streaming?

Was hoping some Ram or a new Gpu would sort my problem? honestly don't know much about this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by tweekzlol View Post
    2.8Ghz Quad core is too low for streaming?

Was hoping some Ram or a new Gpu would sort my problem? honestly don't know much about this stuff

double your ram to 8 min.

using about the same cpu with 8gig i can fraps pandaria content at 30fps with that same video card.

15+ Year Old Account
    FRAPS also depends on your HDD situation. IT's best to have 2 separate drives. One for the game, one for Fraps to go. A 7200 RPM drive will allow you to record at 30 FPS constantly. 60 is not doable due to limitations on the I/O speed of the drives, and you don't want to FRAPS with an SSD because you'll kill the drive.

I do recommend 8 GB RAM, and it's quite cheap to get nowadays. Your CPU will be your limitation, for sure, but it's not a cheap fix. My recommendation would be to go to an intel chip, either the 2500k or the 3750k. This requires a new motherboard as well, and would likely run you around $250.00ish depending on what deals you can find.

Long story short, quickest/easiest improvements, get 8GB RAM and a second HDD.

Deleted
    Thanks for the help. will be getting another 8gig Ram and another 2TB harddrive then, and see how that turns out :>

appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the help. will be getting another 8gig Ram and another 2TB harddrive then, and see how that turns out :>

appreciated
    1TB is probebly enough, but you should get a quality drive. Fraps is kind of not easy on your HDD.. ;p

Fraps needs fast HDD, not just a new/big HDD. Get either Samsung Spinpoint F3 or Western Digital Caviar Black, and split the disc into 2-3 partitions. Use only the first part for frapsing and nothing else but frapsing, that way you'll get the best possible speed for it. 1TB disc split into two parts and using the first half for video capture is totally fine.

Random cheap 2TB disc is probably going to be Caviar Green or some other slowpoke low power model, which does not work that well for high quality video capture.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    1TB is probebly enough, but you should get a quality drive. Fraps is kind of not easy on your HDD.. ;p
    My preference goes out to Western Digital Caviar Black or the RE4 series (whether it's SATAII or SATAIII for these drives is irrelevant), the RE4 is a bit better due to dual actuators and stuff and by that more expensive, but it is basically the somewhat bigger brother of the Caviar Black.

Other options ofcourse, if you can find an original still, a Samsung Spinpoint F3 f.ex, but as of their take-over point i heard their quality took a nose dive, though i can't remember where i read that.

---------- Post added 2012-07-26 at 09:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Fraps needs fast HDD, not just a new/big HDD. Get either Samsung Spinpoint F3 or Western Digital Caviar Black, and split the disc into 2-3 partitions. Use only the first part for frapsing and nothing else but frapsing, that way you'll get the best possible speed for it.

Random cheap 2TB disc is probably going to be Caviar Green or some other slowpoke low power model, which does not work that well for high quality video capture.
    Curse you for typing just those few seconds faster then me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Will keep that in mind.

I'm kinda of an avg guy on the point, i don't need the most expensive or the cheapest. just about or a bit over average would be fine.

Thanks