Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I would say just plan for the supply depot to be depleated and work from there. Make sure your crew is carrying supply from a camp. Setup siege in ideal spots to preferably keep ram opperators off the gate at a minimum without being destroyed. of note, carts dont need LOS to hit a location, if you can angle your camera to see the ground you can hit that spot even from a safe spot away form AOE. Bonus note balista's can hit through doors if you can target something. Most rams get droped so they stick through the door a bit for a free target although you could also have someone on the wall calling the targets.

Either way leave enough of your buddies to main the critical siege locations and take whoevers left on a blockade running mission. A group of 10 with the ability to chain siwftness can get around quick. Go clean out a nearby supply camp, take it over if you must and then dash past the army knocking on your door. Arrow carts on the walls can do a good job of opening a path with suppressive fire tactics. Dont need to kill the attackers just distract em long enough for the runners to dash past. Use the supplies you gained in your run to make repairs or put up more siege.

Once the stockpiles are gone the pugs have basicly no way to hurt your crew. If your plan involves working around an empty stockpile your fine.

Personaly my plan is to do less on the heavy defending and more on wipeing out the enemy supply lines. Fast mobile strike force to slap yacks and knock over camps. after hiting a camp and apropreating the supplies either target something lightly defended or just drop off siege for a zerg and get right back out on the supply lines.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyadissa View Post
    I highly doubt any serious PvP guild is going to take WvWvW seriously. They are all going to be focused on monthly and yearly tournaments.

If you seriously have a problem with the so called "noobs"

Buy a squad license. If you form a squad, at least there's some leader for all the pugs since it shows right on the map and people will blindly follow the icon.
    I think that the tons of DAoC, WAR, Darkfall and Shadowbane crowd that'll be playing this game will disagree with you there man.

Deleted
    My experience in the BWE was that people were being pretty civil and fairly co-operative, I doubt it would last though.

No1 can control pugs. Have you ever seen battleground leader in WoW controls the group? Mostly no. Same will happen. Just before that's wow community herp derp this is Gw2 community. People from WoW will play this game too(like me) and most of them will refuse the communicate. To be fairly honest, this kind of attitude does not belong the WoW. It's an attitude which most people seem to magically get whenever they meet with online games.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-07-28 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    No1 can control pugs. Have you ever seen battleground leader in WoW controls the group? Mostly no. Same will happen. Just before that's wow community herp derp this is Gw2 community. People from WoW will play this game too(like me) and most of them will refuse the communicate. To be fairly honest, this kind of attitude does not belong the WoW. It's an attitude which most people seem to magically get whenever they meet with online games.
    Anet have implemented Squads to make it not such a chaotic free-for-all.
    Hopefully it will help.

If you want pugs to stop being random and organize, the only method you have that isn't going to make you sound like an overbearing asshole is by announcing to map chat where your group is attacking at all times. Even if you organize through guild chat, announcing where the fighting is going to draw some attention. But be warned. If you start telling people how to play, there will be backlash. It is not a WoW thing. It is human nature. When someone oversteps their bounds it tends to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    If you want pugs to stop being random and organize, the only method you have that isn't going to make you sound like an overbearing asshole is by announcing to map chat where your group is attacking at all times. Even if you organize through guild chat, announcing where the fighting is going to draw some attention. But be warned. If you start telling people how to play, there will be backlash. It is not a WoW thing. It is human nature. When someone oversteps their bounds it tends to piss us off.
    and sometimes people just want to play 'solo' and when some1 forces them to do something and call them noobs when they refuse to do it, they will be pissed off.

This thread comes off as insulting.

If you are worried about people not in your awesome elite guild, take a leadership role in map chat in a friendly way, and communicate with everyone.

However, I think you'll find that in WvW most people will follow where the big groups are anyway, and help out wherever that group takes them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    You just have to deal with it, preferably without being an asshat about it.
    Basically this. Also remember that the other two teams will most likely have exactly the same problems, so it isn't a huge deal.

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 03:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezeria View Post
    This thread comes off as insulting.

If you are worried about people not in your awesome elite guild, take a leadership role in map chat in a friendly way, and communicate with everyone.

However, I think you'll find that in WvW most people will follow where the big groups are anyway, and help out wherever that group takes them.
    That's not what he's saying at all, you just seem to be looking for reasons to be offended. What he's saying is that if you have several, co-ordinated large groups or Guilds in your team, they're going to be following the same strategy to win. However, most random PuGs won't know what you're trying to do and as shown in many other games, won't bother listening to instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    That's not what he's saying at all, you just seem to be looking for reasons to be offended. What he's saying is that if you have several, co-ordinated large groups or Guilds in your team, they're going to be following the same strategy to win. However, most random PuGs won't know what you're trying to do and as shown in many other games, won't bother listening to instructions.
    But it really is insulting. People are not looking for reasons. They come out and slap you. The OP is asking how others will "handle" the pugs. Basically putting pugs on a lower level in a casual pvp environment. This is not a battleground. This is a 2 week battle. You do not search for a way to win. You accumulate points to be the winner after 2 weeks. The design is made to allow people do do what they want and have fun.

If you want to do a jumping puzzle, you should be able to do so without being called a noob and being told how you are playing wrong. If you want to assault with the groups instead of making supply runs then you should be able to do so without harassment. You cannot blame the single player for getting upset when a group is trying to force him to do supply runs instead of assaulting like he wants to. If supply runs are so dam important. Take a small group from your big guild assault force and do it. Otherwise stfu and kill something.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point of the OP was how to handle retards. Simple strategy: alert the commander, asking him to alert everyone of which guild is doing the mess and inviting everyone to stay far from those idiots. Day by day they will be famous as a bunch of idiots, noone will want to join them, every member bashed on sight, and kicked out from every group. Worked a lot on WoW, some peeps changed server because unable to play with anyone in peace. At last, try to report them for bad behaviour, if possible with a screen shot. Hopefully retards will be banned

Deleted
    You will fail when you trie to give "orders" to random people - trust me

never forget:

"Its nice to be important - but its more Important to be nice"

trie it - it works wonders

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Ashrock View Post
    The point of the OP was how to handle retards. Simple strategy: alert the commander, asking him to alert everyone of which guild is doing the mess and inviting everyone to stay far from those idiots. Day by day they will be famous as a bunch of idiots, noone will want to join them, every member bashed on sight, and kicked out from every group. Worked a lot on WoW, some peeps changed server because unable to play with anyone in peace. At last, try to report them for bad behaviour, if possible with a screen shot. Hopefully retards will be banned
    This is not League of Legends. You cannot be banned for playing poorly as defined by someone else. This is Guild Wars 2. The premise is fun. He is not taliking about grouping at all. You have no concept of WvWvW clearly. And therefore you might consider reading up on it on the uninitiated thread.

PUGs are an X variable, you have to treat them as such and adapt to the perceived strength of the pug. The one thing most pugs do is follow the crowd. Designate 2 or more team leaders to carry out your orders, move in a crowd and the majority of the pug will do the same. As far as supplies and building weapons, you'll have to give those orders directly to your teams and let the pugs handle things like fighting on top of the ramparts to weaken the siege breakers. If you're on offense, you'll have to use the pug as a diversion by attacking the siege while you carry out your plan.

If the majority of the PUG is organized and listens to your instructions, then you can do more advanced tactics like flanking, destroying siege posts on top of a hill, running blocking positions on enemies running from one place to the other, etc. It's not the pugs fault, they're not retards, they're people who joined alone and want to have fun. Play to their strengths and adapt, each WvW is two weeks long, a lot happens in that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrugs* idk about you guys... but i'd just get a squad leader to lead the masses towards keeps and the such, get them to build stuff etc (things large numbers are needed for), while all that is happening it'll be great!! Because then me and 1-4 of my friends can go around and do the sort of strikeforce stuff, IE capture all the supply depots, intercept enemy supply, politics with the other races, etc.

It'd give us a good distraction and let my world have a good chance of taking some keeps as well!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Get 100g and be a commander. Setup a chat server with at least 100 slots. Invite anyone who wants to join your squad and chat server and if you know what you're doing and how to lead your server would be in better position than most.

WvW will be won by servers full with alliances and those with the most organized pugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    This is not League of Legends. You cannot be banned for playing poorly as defined by someone else. This is Guild Wars 2. The premise is fun. He is not taliking about grouping at all. You have no concept of WvWvW clearly. And therefore you might consider reading up on it on the uninitiated thread.
    That part was sarcastic, hoping Anet would care to ban players with a clear bad behaviour against the purpose of Wvw. No need to ban the account, just make the account and if possible the entire guild unable to join WvW, after a report and investigation, would be adorable
    WvW was the thing i played most during beta (curious, i hate pvp, i was speechless of how much time i spent on it) and well, i wasn't even reading the area chat with some instructions, it was just fun to hang around and find where a lot of people was playing, joining them with a pure spirit of have fun kicking some enemies, very welcome to join, reading on chat " No Lucas, run, they are too many".
    Like cospaok said the server leader will be the one with a well organized commander. WvW is a game of glory, based on fun yes, but a game of glory, who deserve will lead and win. (Some old players who remember me are looking this post laughin a bit "Ugh wait, is it Lucas writing it?" , i know lol )

Deleted
    With attutude like that, I'm kinda upset I will, for the first time, NOT be a pug, since I'll be playing with ppl I know. Would be happy to otherwise ruin it for elitists.