Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    If you're enjoying the game enough to play more than 5 characters to 80 at hundreds of hours per character, you're enjoying the game enough to spend an extra 10$.
    Or a few gold...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    But it contains things like extra character slots, which most people will have to buy because the amount of slots at the moment isn't really acceptable (also correct me if i'm wrong as i'm not 100% correct but you can only have characters on one server can't you?)
    Since one character can learn all the crafting disciplines I don't think it's as critical to have a cadre of toons.

Yes, you are restricted to your home server for WvW (to prevent exploits) but you can guest across servers anytime.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Since one character can learn all the crafting disciplines I don't think it's as critical to have a cadre of toons.
    Surprised that so many people forget this. I had to perfectly coordinate my cadre of characters in WoW to have a decent self-proficiency at crafting. In GW2, my main can do it all (giggity).
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Or a few gold...
    If gold spammers have taught me anything through the years of ignoring them in trade chats, it's that the $ to gold conversion rate isn't one I'd like to pay in gold for that amount of money.

---------- Post added 2012-07-25 at 09:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Surprised that so many people forget this. I had to perfectly coordinate my cadre of characters in WoW to have a decent self-proficiency at crafting. In GW2, my main can do it all (giggity).
    No one forgot it, it just wasn't overly relevant to the current conversation. Pretty sure I've never been sitting at the character collection screen thinking "Damnit, I need space for a skinner." as oppose to sitting there thinking "Damnit, I need space for a Warrior."
    I'm pretty sure crafting is near the bottom of the list for the majority of people when it comes to extra character slots.
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-07-26 at 03:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    http://kotaku.com/5928822/one-of-the...ions-right-now

The Q&A with one of the devs revealed a nasty little bit of information. Someone asked if there would be paid DLC, the dev responded by dodging the question saying that all of the updates that the "live team" is working on will be free. As in, there's another team apparently working on paid DLC.

So now we have:

1. Cash shop
    2. Paid DLC
    3. Paid expansions

Seems like BS to me. It's like they're taking the F2P model and tacking on a $60 fee to a box on top of it. Pretty sure a subscription model would have been cheaper in the long run for users. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Nowhere, not once, did he state that they are making payed DLC. Not once.
    He did say "We will have a team dedicated to updating the game and adding content (PvE and PvP) to the game and continue to support the fan base."
    Are you able to read at all or are you just trying to provoke reactions?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I'm just one of these people that hops between a lot of different characters, i enjoy alts, also based on how GW1 worked i want to create all my characters straight away for Birthday presents (sounds so gay when you actually type this out rofl) so i'll end up buying slots straight away, just wish i didn't have to, well i don't HAVE too, but still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    DLC generally refers to things smaller than expansions, even if expansions technically are also DLC.

Adding a mission or dungeon -> DLC
    Adding ten zones -> Expansion

Did ANYONE even bother to read the answers he gave? He never said anything about payed DLC's. Nothing what so freaking ever. There was not a single mention of DLC's.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.- Woah... kotaku article? how low have you fallen?
    2.- WoW expansions are paid, how is this a detriment to the game?
    3.- If this can be bought with gems (which seems like illogical taking the standpoint that it shouldn't even be a "power" add-on to the game)

Sorry, but I doubt everything that kotaku said.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Did anyone even bother to bloody read the answers he gave? He never said anything about payed DLC's. Nothing what so freaking ever. There was not a single mention of DLC's.
    Shh... kotaku is a sensationalist page, people still dont realize :x

I'm not sure how you jumped to that conclusion. One could just as easily assume that there is another team working on expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one forgot it, it just wasn't overly relevant to the current conversation. Pretty sure I've never been sitting at the character collection screen thinking "Damnit, I need space for a skinner." as oppose to sitting there thinking "Damnit, I need space for a Warrior."
    I'm pretty sure crafting is near the bottom of the list for the majority of people when it comes to extra character slots.
    "Forgot it" in the sense that people haven't really taken it into consideration with the whole "What, only 5 character slots?!" thing. Just one of many factors.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I went through that interview twice. I still don't see anything mentioned about paid DLC by the developer.

"Forgot it" in the sense that people haven't really taken it into consideration with the whole "What, only 5 character slots?!" thing. Just one of many factors.
    And my point: Why would it be taken into consideration when it's a non-issue, even if one character couldn't be every profession?

10+ Year Old Account
    And my point: Why would it be taken into consideration when it's a non-issue, even if one character couldn't be every profession?
    Because when I make my characters, I do find myself thinking "Okay, what crafting do I need to get still? What would even be USEFUL to this class... hrm...."

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    1.- Woah... kotaku article? how low have you fallen?
    2.- WoW expansions are paid, how is this a detriment to the game?
    3.- If this can be bought with gems (which seems like illogical taking the standpoint that it shouldn't even be a "power" add-on to the game)

Sorry, but I doubt everything that kotaku said.

Shh... kotaku is a sensationalist page, people still dont realize :x
    You do realize that the article wasn't written by a Kotaku journalist. It was a Q&A session between Kotaku commenters and one of ArenaNet's developers. Has nothing to do with media sensationalism, just with readers making leaps on logic.

Because when I make my characters, I do find myself thinking "Okay, what crafting do I need to get still? What would even be USEFUL to this class... hrm...."
    5 character slots, 2 disciplines per character, 8 crafting professions. You only need 4 slots for all 8 professions. As I said, non issue even without the "1 char for all discs". If someone brought up the need to have all crafting professions while discussing character slots being a mandatory purchase that should come with the base game they would likely be laughed at by more than just myself.

The Q&A with one of the devs revealed a nasty little bit of information. Someone asked if there would be paid DLC, the dev responded by dodging the question saying that all of the updates that the "live team" is working on will be free. As in, there's another team apparently working on paid DLC.

So now we have:

1. Cash shop
    2. Paid DLC
    3. Paid expansions

Seems like BS to me. It's like they're taking the F2P model and tacking on a $60 fee to a box on top of it. Pretty sure a subscription model would have been cheaper in the long run for users. Oh well, I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Simple solution for you....don't play it then. As Larynx said, they have mission packs that are paid DLC in GW1. You are under no obligation to buy them and they are not required to progress through the game.

---------- Post added 2012-07-25 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    But it contains things like extra character slots, which most people will have to buy because the amount of slots at the moment isn't really acceptable (also correct me if i'm wrong as i'm not 100% sure but you can only have characters on one server can't you?)
    Nobody has to have extra character slots and again, they did the same thing in GW1. They have to pay the people that are going to be working on this game for years somehow you know. You people really are looking a gift horse in the mouth here.

Deleted
    Seriously people, did even one of you bother to read the Q&A? Anyone at all?

There was nothing on DLC's. N-O-T-H-I-N-G!

How many more people are gonna be tools and not read it?

10+ Year Old Account

So now we have:

1. Cash shop
    2. Paid DLC
    3. Paid expansions

Wait... seems like BS to me, paying for:
    A) The whole game
    B) Expansions
    C) Subscriptions
    D) Mounts

and the list can go on and on, TCG items? Woooah... World of What?

The big difference is:
    You dont get power at all for more content in this game.

Kotaku isn't the most reliable source

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    You do realize that the article wasn't written by a Kotaku journalist. It was a Q&A session between Kotaku commenters and one of ArenaNet's developers. Has nothing to do with media sensationalism, just with readers making leaps on logic.
    Would you mind doing something about the OP's post? It's either someone being really dumb or trolling. There's nothing to come out of this that'll be worth keeping.