Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    After tanking with normal tortos shield for all of last tier i feel like it would be silly if i didn't upgrade to malkorok shield when it drops :/
    Heh, I still have my Tortos HC shield, no shield drops so far ;(.

Also, a bit unrelated but I just remembered it... I think I even mentioned it here on this thread back then...

So there's this guild on the Horde side (I'm Alliance) and they get a little vendetta on me for ganking them a lot during Shieldwall and Isle of Thunder, so one day they decide to all go to our Trade and "troll" me about my int shield and whatnot, to which I had to reply "you should ask your own Protadin but, then again, he can't keep his SS uptime over 60% so he might as well find this shield hilarious" (I know, guild drama can be so childish, but it's fun).

Unfortunately the joke did kind of fly over their heads as just last week I got 3 of them trying to "troll" me again about it. So now I know I need a new shield but I think I'll just equip this one before logging out just for giggles, after I get a new one. Hell, I might start logging out with no gear besides the shield!

Deleted
    Possibly blackfuse, and nazzy, but i think that's it.
    Garrosh so you can still get the leggs while rolling for the tanking heirlooms ! (iirc you can coin those right?)

Yeah for the knowing player it may even a disadvantage because you can no longer block out the loot you already have by choosing a different spec and always get a huge list for prot /:

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Heh, I still have my Tortos HC shield, no shield drops so far ;(.

Also, a bit unrelated but I just remembered it... I think I even mentioned it here on this thread back then...

So there's this guild on the Horde side (I'm Alliance) and they get a little vendetta on me for ganking them a lot during Shieldwall and Isle of Thunder, so one day they decide to all go to our Trade and "troll" me about my int shield and whatnot, to which I had to reply "you should ask your own Protadin but, then again, he can't keep his SS uptime over 60% so he might as well find this shield hilarious" (I know, guild drama can be so childish, but it's fun).

Unfortunately the joke did kind of fly over their heads as just last week I got 3 of them trying to "troll" me again about it. So now I know I need a new shield but I think I'll just equip this one before logging out just for giggles, after I get a new one. Hell, I might start logging out with no gear besides the shield!
    I have a running joke about this for a while, so now i'm planning to just go with it and use malkorok one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebubble View Post
    Garrosh so you can still get the leggs while rolling for the tanking heirlooms ! (iirc you can coin those right?)
    Not really interested in em tbh

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was running all ToT with the 476 shield I bought from the ah. Coined each week on lfr + nm on Primo/Lei Shen. Never ever seen one, even the Tortos thing.
    Finally got the Lei Shen one the week before 5.4
    Now I fear that the running joke will be back again.

So, I'm working on my Paladin alt and got all Timeless gear, have done all the LFRs up through the first half of ToT, and then the queues slowed so I jumped into SoO LFR.

People. Are. Awful. I now understand the tank shortage. I had people telling me how to gear ("OMG haste on tank gear? Get cancer! Never queue again!"). I'd hopped into a 0-pull Iron Juggernaut that, once the more geared tank decided to actually play and not wait for me to die, died in 2 pulls.

Just venting. Do you all bother with LFR anymore? I may just do guild flex modes and save myself a lot of bother.

Deleted
    I have a running joke about this for a while, so now i'm planning to just go with it and use malkorok one.

Not really interested in em tbh
    Not? The weapon is 2nd bis right behind siegecrafters weapon and the shield is clearly bis with 2 sockets????

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapulani View Post
    So, I'm working on my Paladin alt and got all Timeless gear, have done all the LFRs up through the first half of ToT, and then the queues slowed so I jumped into SoO LFR.

People. Are. Awful. I now understand the tank shortage. I had people telling me how to gear ("OMG haste on tank gear? Get cancer! Never queue again!"). I'd hopped into a 0-pull Iron Juggernaut that, once the more geared tank decided to actually play and not wait for me to die, died in 2 pulls.

Just venting. Do you all bother with LFR anymore? I may just do guild flex modes and save myself a lot of bother.
    Only time I do lfr is for the legendary quest on my alts (and I only do it in tot)

I gave up on LFR completely until things settle down in about 2 months. Blizzard nerfs will roll in by that time and people will get half a clue about the mechanics through ardous hours of wiping on it.

I don't think there's anything quite so frustrating and futile as trying to do LFR in its first month of release. Back in DS days, people more or less listened to more experienced normal raiders (or maybe just my luck) so you could more or less successfuly lead it. Nowadays, I haven't had that experience.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's not the case of every one but LFR isn't worth it, speaking of time/upgrade available.
    Running in guild flex is much more enjoyable when you can do it (out of raiding nights for us).

Deleted
    capping expertise up to 15% is kinda crap.... not worth trading in other stats to get that high.... doesn't matter if you are not reaching even 7.5% on the whole....

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're stacking haste, there is no point for doing so without being exp/hit capped (or just slightly under).
    All the stats theoretically won are practically wasted because your HoPo generators are not reliable. This affects your survivability a lot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapulani View Post

Tbh i still run lfr just to rest out some of my ideas for fights (would rather not test it on progression, or even flex).
    Honestly i haven't heard any shit about my gear since probably 5.0 days (and given my chest / helm i'm actually somewhat surprized)
    Granted half the time i just completely phase out in lfr and just use it as my time to relax, so after i do my pull timer i completely block out most of chat.
    (Plus i still have up/side grades in lfr)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not? The weapon is 2nd bis right behind siegecrafters weapon and the shield is clearly bis with 2 sockets????
    Am I blind or where did you see a second socket in the shield?

I run LFR more lately since I was thinking of leaving and we recruited a DK to replace me as tank (but I went Ret since we still needed a spot lol), but he's not as good as I am at tanking and only has like 505 iLevel as Frost, so for the group's sake I said it's better to let him tank as he's not bad since I can pull more DPS than he could. So LFR and non-guild Flex is the only outlet I have to tank for the moment

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    It has 2 sockets, both the shield and the one-hander are decent.
    Heck, I would use the shield (as I got it this week), if I wouldn't have the HC-WF Nazgrim shield already. And I'm using the main-hand, till a HC one drops from Siegecrafter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=105693

2 sockets + 900 reforgeable stats

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=105693

2 sockets + 900 reforgeable stats
    I thought you were talking about Malkorok drops. I am clearly blind

Quote Originally Posted by danuraya View Post
    capping expertise up to 15% is kinda crap.... not worth trading in other stats to get that high.... doesn't matter if you are not reaching even 7.5% on the whole....
    Why the hell are you talking about expertise now? °_°
    Also nope you're just wrong....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moussaka View Post
    If you're stacking haste, there is no point for doing so without being exp/hit capped (or just slightly under).
    All the stats theoretically won are practically wasted because your HoPo generators are not reliable. This affects your survivability a lot as well.
    I actually opted to reforge out of expertise and into mastery for siegecrafter heroic. Consider to do the same for garrosh to compensate for my shitty gear, that extra mastery really helps. The reason I did this was to compensate for my undergeared itemlevel aswell because the items that I do have got crappy stats.

On siegecrafter, the holy power regeneration you have is really irrelevant. What I instead wanted was

1. Faster EF ticks
    2. Higher EF ticks
    3. Higher SotR reduction for the enrages

This was obviously granted to me by going haste>mastery>all, and I got to say it worked really well. I believe I had 9 expertise or so when we got the kill. On paragons I played around a bit, and I was a bit conflicted if I want the mastery or the expertise to be honest. In my opinion both of them was viable there. Ka'Roz is hitting for between 800-1.1M on me per melee hit during the end of the fight due to my gear being as bad as it still is, making sure you never get two unmitigated hits in a row is of course important, but reducing them is also very important.

In the end we put our other tank on Ka'Roz for the last bosses, as he pretty much have 25% passive damage reduction more than me from armor and defensive stance.

The main point with expertise is that most people get the cap without even trying anyway. The only reason I got the option to reforge my expertise into mastery to the extent that I can is because I got so bad luck with getting well itemized drops.