Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Raid boss damage ouput is superior to player DPSer output. Add resilience giving players 30-50% dmg redution.
    Any surprise healers are close to unkillable ?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    Raid boss damage ouput is superior to player DPSer output. Add resilience giving players 30-50% dmg redution.
    Any surprise healers are close to unkillable ?
    Healers are not meant to be killed 1v1, this is Blizzards design. Healing has to be high because damage is high.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    Healers are not meant to be killed 1v1, this is Blizzards design. Healing has to be high because damage is high.
    what i witnessed on ptr is 10 vs 10 with each side having 3 healers = LONG DRAWS

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    what i witnessed on ptr is 10 vs 10 with each side having 3 healers = LONG DRAWS
    That's because we're balanced for 90 not 85. Just like when 4.0 hit, healers were unkillable with 5 people on them. Blizzard isn't going to balance healers for a patch that will last 1 month. We'll just have to deal with it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    That's because we're balanced for 90 not 85. Just like when 4.0 hit, healers were unkillable with 5 people on them. Blizzard isn't going to balance healers for a patch that will last 1 month. We'll just have to deal with it lol
    yeah i am not complaining. I am partially glad that everybody struggles against them than just me or my spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    It doesn't matter? Mop was supposed to make talents matter and all spec viable. Wasn't it? Have you actually tried fury in ptr or are you suggesting that the earth is flat just because it has always been until the heretics said its round?

More specifically since talents are the same for both specs. Is it the healing debuff MS provides that makes it better? Or is it higher damage? Because I did read on this forum that fury in beta was doing more damage than arms (warrior forums).
    it supposed to stream line things for PVE not pvp, and we don't need a repeat of s7/s8 when they try to make everything viable for everything, which generally ends up with give everything mass damage and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I don't think it really matters. Arms has just about always been the more dominant PvP spec of the two. Give it a shot at least and see how that goes.
    Arms rage generation and burst is absolutely abyssmal at the moment. Fury is "viable" because of this.

The issue with healers right now is that baseline resilience got buffed from 30% to 50% meaning anyone with cataclysmic glad gear is running around with 75-80% (I had 61% damage reduction in full cataclysmic before the new build) damage reduction. Healing didn't get buffed, damage just got gutted due to resilience buff.

And no, it's not balanced at 90 either. People in the beta at level 90 were complaining that PvP was far too bursty (which it was) so Blizzard buffed resilience without taking into account how healing might be effected by it. Expect resilience to get toned down slightly and some new effect added to majorly nerf healing in PvP.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-07-28 at 05:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    If there's an issue with healers @ 85 on the PTR, don't worry about it. It's more balanced @ 90 for sure (been doing LOTS of BGs in the beta as of recent).

Is the baseline mana nerf in place on the PTR.(in that INT doesn't give mana) If mana pools are cata sized with MoP level heals then yea healers are gonna be immortal cause they aren't balanced around having that much mana

I'll say it again.

RESILIENCE GOT BUFFED. HEALING DIDN'T GET NERFED. THE NET EFFECT IS THAT HEALING IS INSANELY OVERPOWERED. See my above post for some evidence or just log on the PTR and notice your PvP resilience reads "reduces damage taken by PvP targets by 80%".
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    PTR patch (patch before MoP launches) will be utterly abysmal for PvP. If you want to do PvP before you go insane from frustration, do it before that patch hits, people will be almost unkillable otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Resilience was increased to base 50% on Beta and maybe in the PTR.
    If they don't reduce Healing with this massive dps reduction, I see MoP problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    cata will fix it mop will fix it res will fix it-my ass.pvp is broken and will be worse in mop then it was in cata-games going down the shit tube and as been for a very long time.

It's probably the lack of pvp power stat, while having a lot of pvp defense. You will probably have even worse trouble killing a blood DK. Furthermore, I think it was blizzard''s intended design that 1v1 a dps won't be able to kill a healer quickly, but will eventually run them out of mana.

A baseline 50% means that we are working on the wrong side of diminishing returns for a healthy game.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    cata will fix it mop will fix it res will fix it-my ass.pvp is broken and will be worse in mop then it was in cata-games going down the shit tube and as been for a very long time.
    as constructive as I want me to be I will go with the masses and say... "THIS"

Quote Originally Posted by Thalais View Post
    Resilience was increased to base 50% on Beta and maybe in the PTR.
    If they don't reduce Healing with this massive dps reduction, I see MoP problems.
    people getting globled? nerf healing!

the only healing that needs to be nerfed is none healing spec healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by subanark View Post
    It's probably the lack of pvp power stat, while having a lot of pvp defense. You will probably have even worse trouble killing a blood DK. Furthermore, I think it was blizzard''s intended design that 1v1 a dps won't be able to kill a healer quickly, but will eventually run them out of mana.
    Bloods dks can be kited forever, preventing them from healing.

They should disable the base resilience in certain level ranges, if it's really that much of a problem.