Page 25 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Should be premeditated murder. He shot him a second time "just for effect." Sounds like he thought about it. I hope this guy is locked up for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    "Roop later told police that he shot Rainey in the head “for effect” and that he had three no trespassing signs on his property. Roop said he feared for his life."

Im taking his word over yours, he was actually there...
    If I said God came to me last night and told me to destroy the world, would you take my word for it because I was there and you weren't?

"Roop later told police that he shot Rainey in the head “for effect” and that he had three no trespassing signs on his property. Roop said he feared for his life."

You are taking the word of a man that says "I shot him in the head (while down on the floor already shot) for EFFECT." While ignoring the eye witness? Are you trolling or mentally impaired?

does putting no trespassing signs on your lawn REALLY give you the right to kill whoever you want that steps on it, is that an actual law? because if it is, that is the most fucked up law i`ve ever heard of and I feel like it`d be completely out of context if you can do it while he`s walking off your lawn and not, you know, breaking into your fucking barn. i mean, the whole "put a bullet in the back of his head for effect", no human being who was SCARED would do that, this guy just wanted a reason to fucking shoot someone. I can`t imagine how this saleman was dressed in daylight.

yes, you can technically kill someone if you think they are going to kill you, however, you must first convince the jury of this as well. telling a jury "a man came down from my house with absolutely no weapons or armaments and only a briefcase scared me so I shot him", he is not going to convince a jury his life was in danger. the man is an idiot, that is all. yes it's his property but the guy was a door-to-door salesman for pete's sake. some people are just too trigger happy like this guy was.

in short, he shot an unarmed man because his life was in danger from said unarmed man. the shooter is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    You are taking the word of a man that says "I shot him in the head (while down on the floor already shot) for EFFECT." While ignoring the eye witness? Are you trolling or mentally impaired?
    You didnt make it to the end of the sentence where he claims he was fearing his life...

If he was truely fearing for his life he will go free, if not he will go to jail. This is the point so many of you gun haters cant understand cause your still bashing guns.

"I'm curious... are you saying he *should* have the right to kill anyone who walks onto his property, or are you merely arguing that the law might give him that ability right now?"

Im saying due to the interpretation of the individual residing over the case it could allow him to get off. All depends if the judge is pro or anti gun. I fully support killing people on my private property but there should be limitations. I cant throw rocks at cars from my front yard then shoot them when they come to kick my butt. If the salesmen was aggressive (typical behavior of door to door people) and trespassing i say let him go.

There is much we still dont know from the few paragraphs in the op. Could be another treyvon where people look like asses after the facts come out.

If he was truely fearing for his life his he will go free, if not he will go to jail. This is the point so many of you gun haters cant understand cause your still bashing guns.
    Did I mention guns in my post? Did I mention my views on gun control? No I fucking didnt.

So this leads to the actual question still.

Are you trolling or mentally impaired?

Deleted
    He did leave the property, in a body bag No trespassing means no trespassing, whats so hard to understand about this? You see the sign, you dont go on the property or you could suffer consequences.
    To all posters who think this :
    Castle law has limits; and if there is no obvious threat to your safety, you have no grounds for shooting, much less killing someone.
    If you murder someone because they came to your front door, you murdered them, end of story.

If you think otherwise, seek help you fucking psycopath; it's a man's life for fuck's sake.

---------- Post added 2012-07-28 at 10:37 PM ----------

You didnt make it to the end of the sentence where he claims he was fearing his life...

If he was truely fearing for his life he will go free, if not he will go to jail. This is the point so many of you gun haters cant understand cause your still bashing guns.

"I'm curious... are you saying he *should* have the right to kill anyone who walks onto his property, or are you merely arguing that the law might give him that ability right now?"

Im saying due to the interpretation of the individual residing over the case it could allow him to get off. All depends if the judge is pro or anti gun. I fully support killing people on my private property but there should be limitations. I cant throw rocks at cars from my front yard then shoot them when they come to kick my butt. If the salesmen was aggressive (typical behavior of door to door people) and trespassing i say let him go.

There is much we still dont know from the few paragraphs in the op. Could be another treyvon where people look like asses after the facts come out.
    Why bring up gun hate when it isn't even mentionned ?

He killed a man for no reason, what the fuck is wrong with you ?
    A salesman came to my door, so I killed him.
    Seek help.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    To all posters who think this :
    Castle law has limits; and if there is no obvious threat to your safety, you have no grounds for shooting, much less killing someone.
    If you murder someone because they came to your front door, you murdered them, end of story.
    Holy knee jerk reaction after reading 3 paragraphs.

"Roop said he feared for his life. "I’m not going to give him the chance to do something to me,” he told police. “I was in fear.”

If this is true he goes free.

You guys are getting too mad over this, have a good day.

People are probably getting mad as you're the most dense person in this thread.

Deleted

"Roop said he feared for his life. "I’m not going to give him the chance to do something to me,” he told police. “I was in fear.”

Never mind the fact he killed an unarmed man.

The big man with a gun was just scareded of the meany salesman. Let him goo.

Why be so obtuse and dense ?

Sorry, "I was in fear" doesn't help you when you have to explain to the judge why you executed someone you had already shot and was dying on the floor, even if that completely bizarre claim about being afraid of a door-to-door salesman was true.

He isn't going free, you obviously know absolutely nothing about criminal law.

I have a feeling that I may just be simply be feeding your trolling with these posts, it's hard to tell if you're actually being serious.

Having no trespassing signs does not make him above the law and saying he feared for his life didnt give him the right to execute an unarmed man

Deleted

I would take the victim's word over yours or Roop's... but I guess we can't since the salesman was executed.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know whats more fucked up. This lunatic who murdered a guy for selling steak, or the fact some people in this thread are actually defending the mans actions ?

This is beyond disgusting.

Roop’s neighbors described him as “the neighborhood crazy."
    Crazy stupid.

First of all anyone that could possible agree/justify someone getting killed like in the case above should find a very deep hole and crawl in it until the end of his/her days, as that "entity" does not belong to the human race.
    And second of all the laws are utter shit, when any madman can legally attain weapons , and because of the multi-billion dollar industry that bought the guys making the laws so that anyone can buy weapons for further increase of profits regardless of casualties.

You people thinking he even had remote grounds to shooting a salesman, regardless of his 3 no trespassing signs, disgust me. I can almost 100% guarantee if it was your friend or family member that got shot you would take a completely different stance. Just because you can dehumanize the faceless victim and label him as just another annoying salesperson need to get some perspective.

I remember reading something on here a couple months back about a young single mother who shot at and killed one of two trespassers. Her situation was entirely different. Her husband had recently passed away, the trespassers were in the process of forced entry, and she was alone with her child. She had even called 911 and asked the operator what she should do. "Do what you have to to protect your baby" the operator replied. It wasn't permission to shoot them, but given her situation I think she made a totally justifiable call. She didn't walk over to them and finish them off. She fired enough to repel the invaders and keep her family safe.

My problem is the majority of people who have guns just want a reason to shoot at a human being. And the worst part about it are most people are completely senseless when it comes to weapon handling and safety. I went through Air Force training in Security Forces. Force control and weapon training are a HUGE emphasis during your tech school. The big thing you learn is how to meet force with force. Had the victim been suspiciously roaming the property at an ungodly hour with what appeared to be a weapon in his hand then you better damn well equip your weapon, but even then I wouldn't say its grounds to shoot. When I read this story it reminded me of the opening scene in, "American History X". This was far from a hate crime, just some idiot wanting to get his rocks off and thought a slick one liner would be his shield from any repercussions.

10+ Year Old Account
    The man deserves to be in jail forever.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    If that is not first degree murder, I don't know what is. Anyone who thinks differently needs to seek medical attention - IMMEDIATELY!
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

There was fault on both sides, to a point. The shooter is definitely at fault and deserves to be punished to the fullest extent of the law. The salesman did something very very dumb though. Don't get me wrong, that does not justify the killing in any way, I am just stating a fact. You would have be dumb, and possibly greedy to go to a house that has 3 no trespassing signs.

All that being said, the shooter should have, at most, pointed his gun at him and told him to get the fuck out. Even pull out a, "don't make any sudden movements" line if you're worried he might be armed. But don't fucking shoot him without cause, that's just vile.