Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Favorite Pokemon Game(s)

Hello MMO-Champion, today I ask the most important question when it comes to handheld gaming.

What is/are your favorite Pokemon game(s).

For me it would be:
    1. Pokemon Emerald (Generation 3)
    2. Pokemon Diamond (Generation 4)
    3. Pokemon Fire Red (Generation 3 but made from 1 if I'm correct)

Now I haven't played Black or White yet but am trying to get some money so I can comfortably buy it because I've heard it's great. If you want to elaborate on why a certain Pokemon game is your favorite please do. I would love to see opinions as to why your favorite game is the greatest.
    Hey everyone

Blue (gen 1)
    Gold or the remake heart gold (gen 2)
    or ruby (gen 3)
    played pearl and black too - they're alright, but in the later gens it seems like they're just grasping at straws for new pokemon

Deleted
    Crystal, although i did enjoy Emerald.

I find that pokemon today have lost track of itself with all the pagents and whatnot.

Deleted
    pokemon snap, felt refreshing/ Atleast according to title favourite pokemon game

then you read the discription and you see handheld

got to go with pokemon blue. 1st gen 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zipzy View Post
    Blue (gen 1)
    Gold or the remake heart gold (gen 2)
    or ruby (gen 3)
    played pearl and black too - they're alright, but in the later gens it seems like they're just grasping at straws for new pokemon
    I don't mind new pokemon as long as they are unique plus isn't Black a whole new region?

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 05:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    pokemon snap, felt refreshing
    Were you the Pro gamer I heard about for that game. I heard you could take a picture in that game with a blindfold and get the best score every time.
    Hey everyone

Silver!

First game I ever played and I loved the amount of content it had. Seemed so epic at the time.

Deleted
    I'd say Gold, just because you came back to Kanto and could see everything from Red version 3 years after. Also, I got the 251. That cartridge will pass to my grandsons as a treasure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ruby for sure. I think the current generation is more of flashy and shiny. Trying to look awesome but sometime simple game and graphic is the best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I don't mind new pokemon as long as they are unique plus isn't Black a whole new region?

---------- Post added 2012-07-29 at 05:24 AM ----------

Were you the Pro gamer I heard about for that game. I heard you could take a picture in that game with a blindfold and get the best score every time.
    for 1, your correct, new region, but zip is right aswell, it feels to much look a like the pokemon, then again i think in asai they are ahead on us regarding seasons

for the pro gamer part, i dunno if you ment that as a insult noone talked here anything about progaming, i just like that game. Maybe cause there was no fighting involved or when atleast you didn't play with a walkthrough, you actually had to find the pokemon

Deleted
    Red (Gen 1)
    Gold (Gen 2)

Red was my first, and Gold was really interesting with how everything was new, but you could also travel back to Kanto and see it changed slightly. Best of both.

I really dislike the way the pokémon are starting to look as we move into later generations. I can understand that coming up with new ideas can be difficult without making them look too similar to already existing pokémon, but it just feels like they are starting to look stupid. :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    Ruby for sure. I think the current generation is more of flashy and shiny. Trying to look awesome but sometime simple game and graphic is the best.
    There really is something about Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald that just caught your eye wouldn't you think?
    Hey everyone

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Crystal ( saying silver/gold is wrong guys, crystal is both in one xD) Love that game..

G/S/C (Second Gen)
    R/B/G/FR/LG (First Gen)
    R/S/E (Third Gen)
    I haven't played past Third Gen games, but I've tinkered with my cousin's black version a bit, was ok from what I've played.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Crystal and Pokemon Stadium 2.
    Rairu - Mage
    gnomemasterrace

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd honestly say Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal is my favorite, then Red/Blue/Yellow and Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

Regarding RBY, I prefer Fire Red/Leaf Green for aesthetics and new features whereas original for nostalgia reasons. Have yet to play Diamond/Pearl and Black/White

10+ Year Old Account
    Pet Battles.

HG/SS > R/S/E > Platinum > B/W > D/P > FR/LG > G/S/C > R/B/Y

My favourite games, and the ones I put the most hours into, are HG/SS. Best gameplay/interface of the series, favourite aesthetics, and a decent amount of content.

My favourite generation as a whole was 3rd gen. The region design, the music, the Pokemon, the visuals, it was all pretty great, even if some of the mechanics were flawed and the gameplay is outdated. If R/S/E got remakes, they'd probably take the spot as my favourite games.
    Last edited by Duruka; 2012-07-29 at 10:56 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gen 2
    Gen 1
    Gen 4
    Gen 5
    Gen 3

Heartgold and White. It's hard to go back to the old games after them.

I would say Gold/Silver/Crystal. They were absolutely amazing sequels to the original games, keeping all the good stuff and adding some more good stuff. Everything from there on was less and less innovative IMO, milking the brand a bit like wow.