10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Or nintendo/walmart can not be dicks and not make an amiibo exclusive to a bundle that cost $300. It's not bundle exclusive in Canada.
    I think during the holiday season its suppose to be sold by itself, but will still be Walmart exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I think during the holiday season its suppose to be sold by itself, but will still be Walmart exclusive.
    It's still absolutely retarded. USA is the only country that has to deal with low stock and bundle exclusive bull shit. Splatoon squid bundle exclusive, all 3 retro amiibos bundle exclusive, Mii fighters bundle exclusive, green yarn yoshi bundle exclusive, retro mario $300 bundle exclusive, skymiibos $300 bundle exclusive. Not to mention other countries get their amiibos months ahead of NA. You know it's bad when people import now and there is no down side to importing besides a couple bucks.

Nintendo has been doing great lately with games and cheap and or free DLC (and the DLC gives a lot) but holy fucking shit this amiibo bull shit is awful.
    Last edited by zito; 2015-09-22 at 02:33 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Or nintendo/walmart can not be dicks and not make an amiibo exclusive to a bundle that cost $300. It's not bundle exclusive in Canada.
    You can get it fulfilled by amazon, or free shipping on ebay for reasonable as shit prices for imports. GTFO with thinking you are entitled to screwing over an unsuspecting customer who will have to deal with a return process now because you where a dick. You sound like a 14 year old in this post, you usually don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You can get it fulfilled by amazon, or free shipping on ebay for reasonable as shit prices for imports. GTFO with thinking you are entitled to screwing over an unsuspecting customer who will have to deal with a return process now because you where a dick. You sound like a 14 year old in this post, you usually don't.
    Then said person can return it or import the amiibo themselves? Or maybe walmart employees should be checking their products and pulling it off shelves or not accepting it in the first place. All in all it comes back to NoA making an amiibo exclusive with a expensive bundle which brings out the worst in customers. It was a reaction from their decision. (I haven't done this as I got all the amiibos I wanted)

Then said person can return it or import the amiibo themselves? Or maybe walmart employees should be checking their products and pulling it off shelves or not accepting it in the first place. All in all it comes back to NoA making an amiibo exclusive with a expensive bundle which brings out the worst in customers. It was a reaction from their decision. (I haven't done this as I got all the amiibos I wanted)
    You didn't do it, yet you're promoting a shitty practice, while trying to down talk another shitty practice.

You're sitting here acting like 2 wrongs make a right. Walmart and NoA made a dick move, yet doesn't excuse a customer from being a dick as well and exploiting both a walmart employee not properly aware of the situation as well as a potential new customer who will have to wait 30 mins in the terrible walmart CS line if they want to get their situation fixed.

You shouldn't be calling that "genius" you should be calling it what it is, an asshole being an asshole because they think they're entitled to something.

Does it even do anything differently than the Classic Color 8 Bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    no. its just a statue variation
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no. its just a statue variation
    I don't see much of a problem then...it's not much of a "screwed over" if there's an alternative that does the same thing in game.

Nintendo has been doing great lately with games and cheap and or free DLC (and the DLC gives a lot) but holy fucking shit this amiibo bull shit is awful.
    Yeah it is. Hopefully the animal crossing ones will not be nearly this bad since the game absolutely requires them in order to play it. Since rumor has it that the game itself is a free download game, the only money they will make off of it is the cards and amiibo. Meaning they need to keep those well supplied in order to make any money off of the development.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see much of a problem then...it's not much of a "screwed over" if there's an alternative that does the same thing in game.
    Its for completionists. Those who like the modern color more. NA gets a lot of bundles that most other places don't have to deal with.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Yeah it is. Hopefully the animal crossing ones will not be nearly this bad since the game absolutely requires them in order to play it. Since rumor has it that the game itself is a free download game, the only money they will make off of it is the cards and amiibo. Meaning they need to keep those well supplied in order to make any money off of the development.

- - - Updated - - -

Its for completionists. Those who like the modern color more. NA gets a lot of bundles that most other places don't have to deal with.
    its not a rumour. nintendo themselves said its a free eshop only game.

the cards will be easy as shit to find. i think theres like 100+ and theyre sold in packs the physical ones might have the same problems as other amiibo but if someone just wants to play the game all they need to do is buy a booster pack.

i wouldnt be surprised if this was a field test for pokemon since this model would work perfectly for it. the most popular and special pokemon can get amiibo the rest can get cards or small nfc thingys can be put in the normal tcg cards
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post

There are a million modern color marios in the wild, because they're modern marios. 8 bit mario didn't have modern colors, the thing looks dumb as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

its not a rumour. nintendo themselves said its a free eshop only game.

the cards will be easy as shit to find. i think theres like 100+ and theyre sold in packs the physical ones might have the same problems as other amiibo but if someone just wants to play the game all they need to do is buy a booster pack.

i wouldnt be surprised if this was a field test for pokemon since this model would work perfectly for it. the most popular and special pokemon can get amiibo the rest can get cards or small nfc thingys can be put in the normal tcg cards
    Happy Home Designer is not a free eshop game(full $39.99 game), amiibo festival is. The cards are for HHD mainly, the amiibo figures are for AF mainly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside Mario Maker it works just like the Smash/Regular/Golden/Silver Mario ones. You could totally store your Smash Data on it.

There are a million modern color marios in the wild, because they're modern marios. 8 bit mario didn't have modern colors, the thing looks dumb as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Happy Home Designer is not a free eshop game(full $39.99 game), amiibo festival is. The cards are for HHD mainly, the amiibo figures are for AF mainly.
    pretty sure they work for both games

pretty sure they work for both games
    You understand the difference between "mainly" and "only" right?

The cards primary purpose is furniture unlocks in HHD. The figures primary purpose is unlocking that character in AF. They have other small uses in the opposites but they aren't the primary game feature.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2015-09-22 at 10:58 PM.

You understand the difference between "mainly" and "only" right?

The cards primary purpose is furniture unlocks in HHD. The figures primary purpose is unlocking that character in AF. They have other small uses in the opposites but they aren't the primary game feature.
    they both do the same thing in each game. ones just an amiibo and ones a card.

they both do the same thing in each game. ones just an amiibo and ones a card.
    Except there will be over 100 cards, and only a handful of figures. Yes, if you have the figure and the card of that same character they do virtually the same thing but the vast majority of the cards don't have figure equivalents, and don't do much in AF.

The amiibo cards unlock mini games in amiibo festival, you need one of the 8 amiibo to actually play. In HHD they unlock furniture. The cards themselves don't do much and are pretty over priced imo
    Last edited by zito; 2015-09-22 at 11:55 PM.

Card's aren't over priced, but the fact they are random makes them over priced. The way they are priced is pretty cheap dlc with a decent card collectible if you're into that sort of thing, just the random factor and high probability of getting repeats over and over again that make them a pretty bad deal.

It's 6 cards for 6 bucks. $1 more than what Japan has to pay for 6 and there is currently a printage shortage in Japan for series 1 in preparation for series 2 and they only work on 2 games with minor benefit.

Unless you are into card collecting it's pretty much a rip off with the RNG

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/news/s...endo-category/

WalMart and Target have merged their 3DS and Wii U sections into a Nintendo section and have changed back to the red color used by Nintendo before 2008.

Interesting...