Quote Originally Posted by warlockblood View Post
    thats a pity, so there really is no benefit for doing a data transfer only then playing on your wii u instead of wii .
    Actually there is. You are then able to play your Wii games via an HDMI connection, which while doesn't upscale the resolution of wii games it makes the overall image a hell of a lot cleaner.

last time i tried playing loz ss on my wii u and the image was blocky and not nice to look at but i'll try it on some other games i have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warlockblood View Post
    so apart from the awesome pikmen there really is no benefit.
    Having all your main data on a single console that has backwards compatibility is a good thing, IMO. I can get rid of my Wii or use it on my second TV or something.

after playing brawl on my wii u and noticing how amazing and better it looks im going to transfer my data from my wii to wii u

10+ Year Old Account
    I need some animal crossing wii u in mah lyfe, any news?

Thinking about picking one of these systems up... any idea where the best value is? The 330$ mark kart bundle looks great but it seems gone now :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wipeout416 View Post
    Thinking about picking one of these systems up... any idea where the best value is? The 330$ mark kart bundle looks great but it seems gone now :/
    Totally depends on the price point and games included. Mario Kart is gold, if you enjoyed the older games, IMO. Super Mario Bros U/Super Luigi U is decent, if you like the side-scroller Marios; the levels are great and there's some fun new stuff, and the multiplayer is ABJECT CHAOS. But if you weren't a big fan of those, this really is "more of the same", and might not be to your taste.

Also depends on if you had a Wii beforehand; the controllers are interchangeable. I had a Wii, so I had two remotes already, so I didn't need the third with the Mario Kart bundle (since I wanted to buy a Pro controller, anyway).

I think you can buy refurbished Wii U's from Nintendo's online store for pretty cheap. You can also get the Mario/Luigi U bundle for $300. If you were planning to get the game, it's a good deal.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Best Value would be buying a refurb from nintendo for $200. They come basically brand new and have the same warranty as a new system. You also get nintendoland for free with it.

You probably want to buy Mario Kart 8 soon if you're going to, only like 10 or so more days to get the free game from the promotion.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Best Value would be buying a refurb from nintendo for $200. They come basically brand new and have the same warranty as a new system. You also get nintendoland for free with it.

You probably want to buy Mario Kart 8 soon if you're going to, only like 10 or so more days to get the free game from the promotion.
    Thanks for reminding me that I still need to register my copy of Mario Kart 8. WTB free Wind Waker HD so I have a reason to play the Wii U more. Right now it's kinda collecting dust with all the PC games I still have to play.

Thanks for the tips. Going to grab the 300$ new with windwaker or the side scroller Marios. Definitely grabbing Kart and the other Mario world one.

I haven't had a Wii before... should I just get the gamecube adapter?(I have 4 GC controllers). Or Should I get wiimotes? Pros? Any tips?

Thanks for the tips. Going to grab the 300$ new with windwaker or the side scroller Marios. Definitely grabbing Kart and the other Mario world one.

I haven't had a Wii before... should I just get the gamecube adapter?(I have 4 GC controllers). Or Should I get wiimotes? Pros? Any tips?

http://www.destructoid.com/now-s-a-n...w-278349.phtml

There's a nice little article destructoid posted today that goes through most of it.

But as far as I know the Gamecube adapter is meant for the new Smash, and isn't out yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want Wind Waker, and you're buying before the end of July, get Mario Kart first (and buy new, not used); there's a code in the box that gives you a free download of one of four games, and Wind Waker's one of 'em. http://club2.nintendo.com/mario-kart8-promo/

If you want to use the backwards-compatibility with Wii games, you'll need wiimotes; it won't work with the Wii U gamepad or the non-motion controllers. So I'd get at least one of those.

I haven't tried the gamecube controller adapter, though it's on my list.

The Pro controller is actually really nice, IMO. Wireless, but a really good battery life; that the gamepad controller and the pro controller both charge directly rather than needing batteries like the Wiimotes is, IMO, a big plus.

Most of the multiplayer games for the Wii U I've seen have multiple control schemes, so you can use basically whatever controller you want.

Sweet sounds good. The mario kart deal is awesome.

No HDMI input on my monitor... >_>

Sadly the Wii U only comes with an HDMI cord(which I'm using for my computer right now as a unrelated note!), but it can use the old Wii A/V cables if you can pick up ones for cheap.

If I buy a Nintendo Wii U, will I be able to use the marketplace and buy the SNES games / nintendo 64 games like on the Wii?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    If I buy a Nintendo Wii U, will I be able to use the marketplace and buy the SNES games / nintendo 64 games like on the Wii?
    This is a yes/no answer. Let me explain.

The Wii and Wii U virtual consoles are separate entities with their own libraries, as well as their own currencies and balances. The Wii U has a Wii channel, from which you can buy and play all the games on the Wii VC. The Wii U also has a virtual console marketplace, but it's not as big of a selection (only NES, SNES, and GBA games right now).

If you already own a Wii:

-You can transfer your data from your Wii to Wii U, allowing you to access all your bought items from the Wii channel.
    -If you own a game on the Wii VC, and it's available on the Wii U VC, you can upgrade to the Wii U version for a small fee ($1-1.50).
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account

Do you have a DVI? You could always buy an HDMI to DVI adapter if so.

Off-topic kinda, but I run my Wii U through my capture card since my monitor has no speakers. Runs perfectly fine, and it's much better than my dated 720 LG TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Do you have a DVI? You could always buy an HDMI to DVI adapter if so.

Off-topic kinda, but I run my Wii U through my capture card since my monitor has no speakers. Runs perfectly fine, and it's much better than my dated 720 LG TV.
    I just bought an HDMI -> VGA adapter. I was debating doing VGA or DVI, but since my computer is DVI I decided to do VGA so I could switch between the two easily...

It has an audio out thing so I can put my speakers into it.. Fingers crossed that it works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

10+ Year Old Account
    I just bought an HDMI -> VGA adapter. I was debating doing VGA or DVI, but since my computer is DVI I decided to do VGA so I could switch between the two easily...

It has an audio out thing so I can put my speakers into it.. Fingers crossed that it works.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    At least you can use it! I would have opted for a DVI though since you're losing the HDness of the system.