Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    If reissuing the same games count as quality sure.
    Zelda, sure, new story and everything. But everytime I see a new 'issue' of MarioKart I want to kick a puppy.
    Even as a big Nintendo fan I don't really support this, but they're definitely not the worst offenders. They only release one Mario Kart, Mario Party, and NSMB game per system. Meanwhile CoD, Halo, Fifa, Assassin's Creed, etc., get multiple releases on the same console, often yearly, with virtually no changes besides maybe the story which is usually mediocre and/or short anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    I'm still waiting for Zelda, a primary Mario and Smash to be announced and in development.
    This, and I'm also waiting for Monster Hunter, saddened as I am that it's ONCE AGAIN not on Playstation. Capcom, get your shit together.

---------- Post added 2012-10-29 at 02:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    If reissuing the same games count as quality sure.
    Zelda, sure, new story and everything. But everytime I see a new 'issue' of MarioKart I want to kick a puppy.
    I'll laugh so hard if you're someone who invests in Apple products.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    because street fighter, fifa, CoD, halo, uncharted, god of war, half life 2, starcraft 2, dota, WoW expansions etc etc are all totally different from their predecessor's...
    But thats not all those systems have. Nintendo has constantly rehashed the same lineup for the past several generations, i dont want a new zelda i dont want a new mario i dont want a new metroid, Most of the newer versions have failed hard to live up to thier previous games.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    But thats not all those systems have. Nintendo has constantly rehashed the same lineup for the past several generations, i dont want a new zelda i dont want a new mario i dont want a new metroid, Most of the newer versions have failed hard to live up to thier previous games.
    Okay, but many, MANY people do, so...?

It's kinda strange that they aren't releasing the 4th Smash Bros. with the Wii U release... surely they know a bunch of people would buy it just for the Smash Bros, right?

Deleted
    first off i wasnt talking about any one system as half those games are cross-platform.. a few even being on the wii so i have no idea what youre trying to say. Yes YOU dont want these "rehashed" games but as you can clearly see with their sales alot of people do. Was it about bad 3rd party support nintendo suffered with wii? as it it should be clear that Wii U is not going to have those same problems.

If Mario Galaxy is a rehash of older mario titles then please keep it coming as its easily the best platformer this generation imo. The new zelda's both usually look and feel different so unless you just dont play them then sure they are the EXACT same and dont get me started on metroid... seriously what games do you want to be made? are you fine with halo, uncharted, killzone, cod, assassins creed etc all being rehashed far more or equally as much as nintendo.

The only reason why mario feels like its being remade over and over again is his name is in so many different games.

Mario galaxy 1+2
    Paper Mario
    Mario kart
    Super mario
    Mario Party
    Mario Soccer
    Mario Golf

They are all different and only one or two get more than one game per generation on the home consoles so i dont think thats overkill at all.

CoD x 6 (nearly 7)
    Assassins creed x 4 (nearly 5)
    Killzone x 2
    Halo x 3 (nearly 4)
    Uncharted x 3
    Gears of War x 3

pretty much all the biggest system sellers do it.. why? because that is exactly what people want.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    It's kinda strange that they aren't releasing the 4th Smash Bros. with the Wii U release... surely they know a bunch of people would buy it just for the Smash Bros, right?
    well seeing as the Wii U is already selling like crazy with limited pre-orders available wouldnt it make more sense to release it once there is a drop in sales. Waiting till each console is sold at a profit for nintendo might be nice too
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-10-29 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    To be fair there's a pretty big difference in Halo 3, Halo: ODST and Halo Reach. Same with Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 (the rest are "expansions")
    Honestly the only Halo games that are pretty similar is Halo 2 and 3 - and even then they still feel and play differently.
    But yeah the newer Zelda games don't feel like the older ones at all.

The whole "my console/console exclusives are better than yours" fight is beyond silly.
    Its not about console exclusives its people labelling nintendo franchises as rehashed remakes over and over when they just arent. Mario galaxy feels different from Mario sunshine, Skyward sword feels different from wind waker etc

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to buy it, still debating if i'm going to get it at launch or wait until next year some time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I'm going to buy it, still debating if i'm going to get it at launch or wait until next year some time
    I pre-ordered mine from Tesco and for some reason i think they are going to piss about and not get one one on day 1 (even though i pre-ordered on day 1) and if thats the case im going to cancel and wait to see if there is a monster hunter bundle being released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    To be fair there's a pretty big difference in Halo 3, Halo: ODST and Halo Reach. Same with Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 (the rest are "expansions")
    Honestly the only Halo games that are pretty similar is Halo 2 and 3 - and even then they still feel and play differently.
    But yeah the newer Zelda games don't feel like the older ones at all.

The whole "my console/console exclusives are better than yours" fight is beyond silly.
    Agreed. The only games that really thrive yet being nearly absolutely the same every release is CoD and... well WoW really. And the EA Sports games.

Imo there are great differences between different Zeldas (first the transition from 2d to 3d of course, then Windwaker is different from OoT and MM and TP and SS aren't too similar either gameplay wise) or Marios (same there, think pre-64 and then from 64 to Sunshine, later on the two Galaxy games - they are very different gameplaywise even if they hold onto the core of jumping on top of things).

Gamers like sequels and more games beyond that, so developers make them. It's all our fault as consumers because we dictate what should be on the market by voting with our wallets.

Deleted
    Started narrowing down games i'll buy at launch. Decided to remove Darksiders 2 and New Super Mario Bros U. They just didnt interest me more for some reason. Meanwhile, Tank Tank Tank and Nintendo Land, managed to interest me enough to preorder them. Seems like they'll be really fun to play, especially with friends.

Zombiu, after some more trailers, not sure. I tend to not always like shooters, but this one seems less of a "shoot shitloads of them" and more of a...horror-esque game with more scripted events? Cant tell because i couldnt really find a gameplay trailer where they got far because the players sucked majorly (seriously, using a long range weapon in a tiny space?...). Seems more interesting to me if so, but i guess i wont be able to tell until i play it myself :P

Those aren't the only games on Nintendo consoles either. Besides all the big Nintendo IP's, the Wii has:
    -Zack And Wiki
    -Sin & Punishment
    -Punch-Out
    -Rhythm Heaven Fever
    -Boom Blox
    -Monster Hunter
    -No More Heroes
    -The Last Story
    -Xenoblade
    -Madworld
    -Muramasa
    -Red Steel
    -Fire Emblem
    -Rune Factory
    -Battalion Wars
    -Little King's Story
    All fairly good games, and a lot of them get ignored because people only focus on Zelda and Mario. I even ignored the Mario spin-offs like Wario Land, which despite featuring the same characters are entirely different games.

Also, you can't seriously say that the Metroid Prime Trilogy (let's just forget about Other M), Mario Galaxy, and Skyward Sword are complete rehashes. All three of them lived up to their predecessors as well, and are widely considered to be some of the best of their series (well, Skyward Sword is arguable).

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    Those aren't the only games on Nintendo consoles either. Besides all the big Nintendo IP's, the Wii has:
    -Zack And Wiki
    -Sin & Punishment
    -Punch-Out
    -Rhythm Heaven Fever
    -Boom Blox
    -Monster Hunter
    -No More Heroes
    -The Last Story
    -Xenoblade
    -Madworld
    -Muramasa
    -Red Steel
    -Fire Emblem
    -Rune Factory
    -Battalion Wars
    -Little King's Story
    Harvest Moon Animal Parade (and the other, I forget it's name..)
    Rune Factory Frontier
    Rune Factory Tides of Destiny

Those are all good too. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    -Zack And Wiki
    -Sin & Punishment
    -Punch-Out
    -Rhythm Heaven Fever
    -Boom Blox
    -Monster Hunter
    -No More Heroes
    -The Last Story
    -Xenoblade
    -Madworld
    -Muramasa
    -Red Steel
    -Fire Emblem
    -Rune Factory
    -Battalion Wars
    -Little King's Story
    All fairly good games, and a lot of them get ignored because people only focus on Zelda and Mario. I even ignored the Mario spin-offs like Wario Land, which despite featuring the same characters are entirely different games.

Also, you can't seriously say that the Metroid Prime Trilogy (let's just forget about Other M), Mario Galaxy, and Skyward Sword are complete rehashes. All three of them lived up to their predecessors as well, and are widely considered to be some of the best of their series (well, Skyward Sword is arguable).
    Alot of those are flavor dependant iv played a few of them but can say that none grabbed me enough to warrant a purchase or my time. Red steel should be nowhere on that list as its one of the worst fps games iv ever seen.

Metroid prime series on the cube was ok but after that i lost interest, the controls were meh for it, FPS game without dual analog sucks imo. And aside from mario sunshine i havnt played one yet that holds up to the SNES days of mario rpg super mario and mario 64 and the original paper mario. After windwaker i stopped playing the new zelda games and after going tor friends houses and playing them there i was glad i did. Oracle series is still my favorite.

Alot of people like the wii controles but just as many if not more do not like it so touting that its the best isnt really going to work. I dare say these thread screams of fanboyism latching onto nintendos tits when ever they get a new flavor in.

Alot of those are flavor dependant iv played a few of them but can say that none grabbed me enough to warrant a purchase or my time. Red steel should be nowhere on that list as its one of the worst fps games iv ever seen.
    You could say this about every game...ever. Halo, Call of Duty, Gears of War, Final Fantasy, ect. are all "flavor dependent".

I dare say these thread screams of fanboyism latching onto nintendos tits when ever they get a new flavor in.
    I dare say your posts seem to re-inform the world you love Xbox and Xbox Live and that Sony and Nintendo are bad at what they do and nobody should like them. Seriously, it's getting old. It's like the Valve threads all over again.

I dare say these thread screams of fanboyism latching onto nintendos tits when ever they get a new flavor in.
    While it maye be hard to believe, people do enjoy nintendo. These threads always seem to attract xbox fanboys who go into every nintendo related thread to talk about how much they hate the games they make and how much better xbox is.

10+ Year Old Account

Metroid prime series on the cube was ok but after that i lost interest, the controls were meh for it, FPS game without dual analog sucks imo. And aside from mario sunshine i havnt played one yet that holds up to the SNES days of mario rpg super mario and mario 64 and the original paper mario. After windwaker i stopped playing the new zelda games and after going tor friends houses and playing them there i was glad i did. Oracle series is still my favorite.

Alot of people like the wii controles but just as many if not more do not like it so touting that its the best isnt really going to work. I dare say these thread screams of fanboyism latching onto nintendos tits when ever they get a new flavor in.
    Every single game is flavor dependant. Also don't speak fanboyism when you emit the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't worth it to me until a price drop and more mainstream games.

No Toslink/Optical out is a major disappointment which means no connecting to my 5.1 system/receiver for to use headphones.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Same could be said for you and Xbox, kettle meet pot.

Deleted
    Won't buy it at release, I'll do when a Wii U Zelda has been announced.. Or something else.