10+ Year Old Account

Funny Rogue story

Hey everyone, ok it's a funny short story happened to me yesterday.

I play as retri in pvp and pve as well my gears are the best you can get in pvp and using Gurth hc. I was dueling a rogue in durator he was full cata pvp gears + the legendary daggers. The duel lasted very long something like 20+ mins whenever I'm having the advantege and getting him low he then vanish and staying at stealth for like 1 min or more and coming back at 90% hp again. I was about to lose tbh but somehow I got lucky with divine purpose procs + some lucky WoG heal critc, ofc I used everything like bubbles + hand of protection etc etc (except for lay on hand).

In the end I won then here is the conversation:

Me: good game that was fun mate.

him: ..lol and you guys complain about Rogues being op in pvp? I really hope they nerf you to the ground.

after that I was like: no comment.. then I just left him alone without saying anything, didn't wanna bother myself with these kind of players tbh.

So guys if you wre me in this situation what will you do?

thanks for reading.

Deleted
    I tell you what I would not do:

Write a lengthy forum post about it and ask for opinions on how you should act if you face an assclown, because that situation arises not only in WoW but in daily life at least twice a day to any human being with an average social life, and at least ten to twenty times a day to any being with an average online presence. The simple rule: "don't feed the troll" applies, as it has done since the dawn of the www.

By acting like an adult you did the right thing, and I guess you know that, so why are you asking anyway? Wanna know if there is anyone here who would have flamed him, or started a discussion with an obvious troll?
    Last edited by mmoc486dcfca17; 2012-08-01 at 07:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone, ok it's a funny short story happened to me yesterday.

I play as retri in pvp and pve as well my gears are the best you can get in pvp and using Gurth hc. I was dueling a rogue in durator he was full cata pvp gears + the legendary daggers. The duel lasted very long something like 20+ mins whenever I'm having the advantege and getting him low he then vanish and staying at stealth for like 1 min or more and coming back at 90% hp again. I was about to lose tbh but somehow I got lucky with divine purpose procs + some lucky WoG heal critc, ofc I used everything like bubbles + hand of protection etc etc (except for lay on hand).

In the end I won then here is the conversation:

Me: good game that was fun mate.

him: ..lol and you guys complain about Rogues being op in pvp? I really hope they nerf you to the ground.

after that I was like: no comment.. then I just left him alone without saying anything, didn't wanna bother myself with these kind of players tbh.

So guys if you wre me in this situation what will you do?

thanks for reading.
    Good story. Rogues are not overpowered in duels tho, pve items and strong synergy makes them strong in 3v3.

If I was in the situation I would troll him.

If a rogue beats a paladin, it's skill.

If a paladin beats a rogue, it's class imbalance.

lol @ human nature

Ok but the rogue wasn't good at all, imo. So I would've probably advised him to improve his skills, because rogues can and should beat rets 1v1.

Deleted
    Just a FOTM roller in PvP with a sudden realization that he sucks. Seems to me like someone who was carried by his class and guild. Just taunt and troll him

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Good story. Rogues are not overpowered in duels tho, pve items and strong synergy makes them strong in 3v3..
    Lol.....

Anyway. He's just a sore loser. I'm having a little trouble believing your duel really lasted 20 mins though, but I believe you when you say you won, so good job.

What would I do? Move on to next duel. Probably put him on ignore list and keep a screenie of convo and where it said X beat Y in a duel just for safekeeping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Lol.....

Anyway. He's just a sore loser. I'm having a little trouble believing your duel really lasted 20 mins though, but I believe you when you say you won, so good job.

What would I do? Move on to next duel. Probably put him on ignore list and keep a screenie of convo and where it said X beat Y in a duel just for safekeeping.

Haha that will be good idea indeed.

Yeah it did last 20 mins he was staying in stealth for a very long time to the point I started flying with my flying mount and chating with my friends while he comes back with his opening again and stuff.