With the recent changes I need a sugestion.

Frankly I'm looking for something new to play. Not in the mood to go back to the medival fantasy style game.
    Any suggestions on something that's out now or will be in the near future?

(FYI: I've already tried TSW and wasn't feeling it much. Got bored way too fast and the lack of diversity in the factions...)

This is the SWTOR forum, go to Video Games if you want to talk about other games.

Ontopic: Play LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcitement View Post
    Frankly I'm looking for something new to play. Not in the mood to go back to the medival fantasy style game.
    Any suggestions on something that's out now or will be in the near future?

(FYI: I've already tried TSW and wasn't feeling it much. Got bored way too fast and the lack of diversity in the factions...)
    ToR and EVE online would be the first I'd say to "try".

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean other than TOR? TOR is still a "good" game. Its just a very short and linear one. Make a free-to-fifteen account and roll every class. There are eight of them so that should soak up a week or two.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I am also at a similar situation and decided to play GW2. For someone who wants to play neither wow nor swtor there are not many options. I intend to come back to swtor when they release more content and prove that it is not p2w(this is a big no no for me).

I played the last public beta and I was impressed by their work.

The bad:
    Cash shop: Mostly cosmetic items but they give some small bonusses for pve leveling.
    No raids:

The Iffy:
    Animation and texture quality: They are not first class but still decent. This is not in the bad because it also gives them the option to create much faster content.
    Combat system is a lot different then other mmos.
    No trinity:
    Pve world content might be limited. Most of high lvl content was locked in public beta so it is hard to tell.

The good:

GW1 players seems to like the company alot. (Btw I downloaded and looked around a bit in gw1. that game is horrible)
    They are great at pr and seems to know that keeping their customers happy gives them more money in the long run.
    The game is not P2W.
    There is no grinding at structured pvp for power. There is grind but it only gives cosmetic items. better looking armors weapons etc.
    Questing is fun. Very high replay value.
    There are jumping puzzles (aka datacrons) but they are actually optional and dont give power.
    There are lots of minigames.
    Personal story(like class quests but its for races in gw2)
    Everything is optional. The only reason to do them is, fun. They dont penalize for skipping things.

TOR is not an option anymore (I used to play) but now that they're introducing a cash shop I am done with the game. This whole F2P has beyond rubbed me the wrong way. EvE Online was tried and put down a long time ago. It's more of an Economic Simulator than anything, the combat is REALLY slow and I don't feel like I'm the one progressing my character but the game is doing it for me. I start training a skill and no matter what I do it's gonna progress. Playing the game is only for making cash not really progressing the character and I couldn't handle that. Don't know how GW2 got suggested. It's a medieval/fantasy setting AND it got a Cash Shop.

I'm looking for a suggestion for something modern time or sci-fi setting that's currently or will be out soon. Wish they were still making Jumpgate Evolution.

mech warrior online.

I dont think there is any decent game that fits your description. and this might be your best bet
    Last edited by Odegon; 2012-08-01 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Odegon View Post
    mech warrior online.

I dont think there is any decent game that fits your description. and this might be your best bet
    That's F2P with Cash Shop.

Deleted
    my suggestion is to quit the genre for a bit, if its MMOs you want.

subscription games are going the way of the dodo, everyones doing F2P and B2W and cash shops,if GW2 is a sucess with that model and it upturns TORs recent form, people will just copy that.

if there was a non fantasy mmo id have been on it, the choice is just very little for non fantasy stuff, especially non cash shop, subscriber game, its a shame and it doesnt seem to be many on the horizon, planetside 2 maybe down the line, but thats SOE so that could be just as bad, cash shop wise.
    Last edited by mmoc00c6bd8f01; 2012-08-01 at 12:20 PM.

just give me 100m$ and wait calmly for 10 years and I will make you one.
    Last edited by Odegon; 2012-08-01 at 12:27 PM.

Having seen your other posts regarding swtor, it's best you just walk away. These are not the forums you are looking for... To continue to languish over a game you won't be playing - on its very own forum - is simply absurd.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonen View Post
    Having seen your other posts regarding swtor, it's best you just walk away. These are not the forums you are looking for... To continue to languish over a game you won't be playing - on its very own forum - is simply absurd.
    I am not. I'm trying to get some suggestions for where to move onto and also respond to people directing inquiries my way.
    I am done with the game. As this post said (though it was moved) I am looking for suggestions for my new MMO home.

---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 10:35 PM ----------

Will check out Defiance when it hits Beta. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed7j3_xHxBw