Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    The special snowflakes don't just want to be special, they want to make sure nobody else can be as special as they are. It's like people farming some really sweet transmog gear and then whining at Blizzard to remove it so other people can't get it.
    Your comparison is bit flawed, let me fix it for you:

The special snowflakes don't just want to be special, they want to make sure the challenge stays the same for everyone else coming after them. It's like people farming some really sweet transmog gear and then whining at Blizzard because suddenly people don't have to farm it, but instead can just show up to the instance portal and get all the gear from there instantly.

Edit: there was about 10 mins long vid on ytube with someone explaning why it's good that there is some content not everyone can access right away (and no, heroic mode of the place I've farmed for 2 months on LFR and Normal is not content I can't access right away), or rather, that there's some unexplored content that's free for grabs if you have the balls and skill for it and it's perfectly fine if that content stays unexplored by majority or entire population for quite a while. It creates much bigger desire to play the game than the LFR-Normal-Heroic-let's nerf the **it out of the places until everyone and his mother can kill them model.
    What on earth is supposed to motivate me to kill exactly the same boss that suddenly has twice as much HP and is doing twice as much damage than the last time I killed it. And if I can't kill it (why would I want to do that again?), Blizzard will nerf it for me until I can.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2012-08-01 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post

The special snowflakes don't just want to be special, they want to make sure the challenge stays the same for everyone else coming after them. It's like people farming some really sweet transmog gear and then whining at Blizzard because suddenly people don't have to farm it, but instead can just show up to the instance portal and get all the gear from there instantly.
    Are you suggesting that there's some kind of challenge in farming for transmog gear? I've never heard of anyone being impressed by the "challenge" of a level 85 player blitzing Kara every week for 3 months to get a piece of gear. I hope you're not just using the word "challenge" as a substitute for "timesink".

The challenge in transmog is planning your outfit to make it unique.
    Last edited by SamR; 2012-08-01 at 09:22 AM.

God the people in the content consumption thread sound more and more like a bunch of emo teenagers... "You don´t like us, you don´t understand us, we HATE you!".

I´d really hope MMO-C would stop featuring them, it stopped being a discussion long ago and now it´s just a bunch of people throwing accusations at the CM.

SWTOR free to play is pretty damn awesome. I was never interested to play this game as an MMO, paying the subscription fee. However, access to all the storylines after a low initial purchase, gonna be hard to pass up on that.

im so with blizz here. freaking whine about the nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    I wonder why Blizzard responds to rude posts. Let them ignored.

Unless we reached a point where those rude posts are the majority, in which case I'm not sure I want to be around here.
    Clearly you are sure because every game including all of Blizzard's games' official forums are always more troll/rude than non.

Anyone can run an old instance or raid to get a transmog piece. How many people were able to experience the Sapph reanimate sequence in vanilla?

The special snowflakes don't just want to be special, they want to make sure nobody else can be as special as they are. It's like people farming some really sweet transmog gear and then whining at Blizzard to remove it so other people can't get it.
    I don't think people want to deny anyone content. They just want a difficulty curve that goes reasonably high so as to reward people who take the time to master the game to some degree.

A lot of the EU thread is centred on the nerfs to Heroic difficulty - nothing to do with LFR or Normal.

However you can argue that the TBC model of progression meant people were less likely to run out of content so very quickly, but that is a different argument. A lot of people liked that model not because it is elitist, but because it was a fun and steady climb and once your guild advanced enough you could move on to the next raid and there was an amazing sense of accomplishment. It did mean people could miss the final dungeon until after the expansion, which sucked, but other areas were very good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Also I hate the 'snowflake' argument. It seems to be a war against people actually being good at the game and wanting to be better then the norm
    yes and there are those who think it is "cool" or acceptable to be able to rub it in other peoples faces that they are better than normal people, These are the Snowflakes. How often do you see people who are truly exceptional at the game, (I am talking people in guilds in competition for world first here) complaining about people with less skill than them being able to compete in the content due to nerfs ?

hell I can count on one hand how many times I have seen a paragon player openly post on these forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    God the people in the content consumption thread sound more and more like a bunch of emo teenagers... "You don´t like us, you don´t understand us, we HATE you!".

I´d really hope MMO-C would stop featuring them, it stopped being a discussion long ago and now it´s just a bunch of people throwing accusations at the CM.
    Speak for yourself. I think its actually the other way around. The blue poster is being called out constantly and seems to be losing the argument pretty quickly. I for one am glad this discussion is taking place and that MMO-C posts it. Sounds to me like you just don't want to read something you don't agree with.

It just blows my mind that it's actually frowned upon in today's gaming age if you want a challenge and want it to stay challenging for everyone. It shows how much the gaming community has changed. Back in 2008ish you'd see it be the other way around where people who ask for nerfs and defend nerfs are the ones being ridiculed by the masses. Oh well.

Deleted
    I must say Im very proud of Blizz. They finally put the tabards back to exalted

Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    Speak for yourself. I think its actually the other way around. The blue poster is being called out constantly and seems to be losing the argument pretty quickly. I for one am glad this discussion is taking place and that MMO-C posts it. Sounds to me like you just don't want to read something you don't agree with.

It just blows my mind that it's actually frowned upon in today's gaming age if you want a challenge and want it to stay challenging for everyone. It shows how much the gaming community has changed. Back in 2008ish you'd see it be the other way around where people who ask for nerfs and defend nerfs are the ones being ridiculed by the masses. Oh well.
    "Back in my day, we had to walk to school up hills and through the snow both ways."

"No one gives a shit, grandpa."

That's how the rest of us feel about you and others.

Are you suggesting that there's some kind of challenge in farming for transmog gear? I've never heard of anyone being impressed by the "challenge" of a level 85 player blitzing Kara every week for 3 months to get a piece of gear. I hope you're not just using the word "challenge" as a substitute for "timesink".

The challenge in transmog is planning your outfit to make it unique.
    Not at all. I'm suggesting that hard mode raiding takes effort and that farming for xmog gear takes effort (I hope we can agree on that).

Hard mode raiders (the "special snowflakes that want to make sure nobody else can be as special as they are" as you put it) are unhappy when Blizzard is nerfing the content that is already available to everyone, just on different difficulty settings. I'm not hard mode raider myself - never even entered DS on heroic difficulty, but I strongly disagree with the nerfing of the content. I never really disagreed with nerfing Sunwell before WotLK though, even if it almost cost me relationship to progress hard core there.

How would 'moggers like, if Blizzard suddenly dramatically decreased the effort (time in this case) required to gather an xmog set they've spent 3 months farming?
    That's the message I was trying to convey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post

Edit: there was about 10 mins long vid on ytube with someone explaning why it's good that there is some content not everyone can access right away (and no, heroic mode of the place I've farmed for 2 months on LFR and Normal is not content I can't access right away), or rather, that there's some unexplored content that's free for grabs if you have the balls and skill for it and it's perfectly fine if that content stays unexplored by majority or entire population for quite a while. It creates much bigger desire to play the game than the LFR-Normal-Heroic-let's nerf the **it out of the places until everyone and his mother can kill them model.
    What on earth is supposed to motivate me to kill exactly the same boss that suddenly has twice as much HP and is doing twice as much damage than the last time I killed it. And if I can't kill it (why would I want to do that again?), Blizzard will nerf it for me until I can.
    Just remove the debuff - The magical argument that people somehow seem to forget and all of a sudden all these excuses to not be a special snowflake crumbles.. Like a cookie.

---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 09:34 AM ----------

You have the luxury of choice and the blue has already said it - Turn off the debuff.

Your view of him losing the argument is starting to sound like when people claimed SWOTOR would kill WoW. Look at how that went.

---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    I don't think people want to deny anyone content. They just want a difficulty curve that goes reasonably high so as to reward people who take the time to master the game to some degree.

A lot of the EU thread is centred on the nerfs to Heroic difficulty - nothing to do with LFR or Normal.

However you can argue that the TBC model of progression meant people were less likely to run out of content so very quickly, but that is a different argument. A lot of people liked that model not because it is elitist, but because it was a fun and steady climb and once your guild advanced enough you could move on to the next raid and there was an amazing sense of accomplishment. It did mean people could miss the final dungeon until after the expansion, which sucked, but other areas were very good.
    Oh yes, it was fun and steady with nerfs coming in rolling like they are now. I did BT Pre-nerf and i had a possible go at SW if i wanted - but i didn't go for it. Maybe it's time to not have time cause you delusions and rose tinted googles are to be put away? Because It sure as hell was not a "Steady climb".

There was the casual guilds who only did Kara cause they could not amass the players nor skill to clear SSC or TK - Let alone BT or SW. And it's funny to think how you go to say "There was an amazing sense of accomplishment" - There was the normal nerd scream. And there were the nerfs. Stop posting in delusion, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctim View Post
    in my opinion the main reason for this monopoly position is the massive amount of invested player time. even if wow is technically "old", it's exceptional flow kept the players playing for more than seven years. the majority of people won't give up or switch to something different, if they actually "worked hard" for their current state of play.
    My thoughts exactly. This is the reason why a) I don't play Diablo3 anymore, even though I was mad with expectations and it is a very enjoyable game in its core, something about 'you get NOTHING for your devoted playtime and skill, just pay and you will win' doesn't appeal to me, and b) I am more than glad to come back to WoW after a 6 month break, my warlock may be 7 years old but I sure love to play that bony old behind

10+ Year Old Account
    get rid of the disc i want to be goku.

Deleted
    Only in WoW do you get put into the minority-evil box for wanting to be good at a game. Then chased after with pitchfolks while being totally misunderstood. The WoW community on mmo-champ are like anti-gamers.
    Still, im seeing a lot of complaints these days directed at the blue post responses that try to misdirect the concerns away, the concerns mainly being about difficulty and content consumption.
    Special snowflakes? Cause wanting to beat other players/guilds is now a bad thing(?). The blue defenders will all see though after a few months of MoP how very little there will be left to do. I never played it but I hear constantly that Swtor failed due to a lack of end game, WoW will have a lack of end game due to how quickly you can complete it all. But hey, you can occupy yourselfs with pet battles and challenge modes cause thats really gonna keep you entertained for months on end until more quick-to-clear content is released.

Eh. At least you can't outright ignore most mechanics with just the buff. The old alternative was to wait for the next expansion and just blast through it at a higher level with 1/5 the people. I don't really see it as something to fight tooth and nail over.

10+ Year Old Account
    The blue comments have left me very worried about the future of this game.

What argument is he losing ? What discussion is there ? Some players have stated how they want the game, the CM stated the company line. So where is the argument ? They are just stating the same things again and again.
    And what do they even expect from a CM ? Do they really think at some point he will use his awesome CM powers and change the game back into TBC ? He submitted their feedback so why continue that thread ? What´s the point ?

And honestly, if you look at the actual thread, it´s the same 10 òr so players arguing with him there for 160+ pages. Do those 10 people really need such a big featuring every day ?

Completely unimpressed with the disc.

As for SWTOR, duh. It was obvious from launch, except for certain over zealous people on these forums, that that game did not have legs. It was woefully lacking content, having the all so typical single player game leveling path, and launched three patches too early. They will be lucky to be around in two years time. Unlike another big name title that was force F2P (LOTRO) they don't have a variety of leveling paths and that just dooms the game.

---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 05:57 AM ----------

and the blue was right, the majority could care less who killed what boss when, even world firsts don't matter except for the guys coming in second