View Poll Results: How do you think your nation is doing this Olympics?

Voters
251. This poll is closed
  • Fantastic!

79 31.47%
  • Better than I expected

21 8.37%
  • About what I expected

78 31.08%
  • Worse than I expected

24 9.56%
  • Terrible!

19 7.57%
  • I'm not watching the Olympics

30 11.95%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) Great Britain, beyond what I hoped frankly a lot better than I expected.

2) So many, Chris Hoy winning his 6th gold, Bolt winning the 100m the Danish rider in the men's omnium crashing and still winning the event. A special mention to the SA 400 meter athlete Oscar Pistorius competing at all.

3) Not enough of The Who.
    Last edited by Radnips; 2012-08-14 at 01:35 AM.

1) USA, most overall medals, gold medals, silvers, and bronzes, so I guess I am content.

2) Michael Phelps becoming the most decorated Olympian ever. Beating the Chinese in medals.

3) NBC's coverage of the Olympics here wasn't great. Most of the stuff was taped and you could rarely catch a live event. I guess it was so more could watch but I don't like watching sports and stuff like that unless it's live.

EDIT: It appears Russia has more bronze than the US so I am no longer satisfied.
    Last edited by Solidsteel; 2012-08-14 at 01:38 AM.

Fair enough

1. I think the UK/GB did amazingly well, much better than I expected and I was really happy with it.
    2. Jessica Ennis winning her gold, she is a goddess, Mo Farah was unbelievable and Usain Bolt in all his events.
    3. Nothing really.

Coverage here in the UK was excellent, we had every event live available on the TV or online stream, we could also watch back any/all events after they had finished via the BBC website. People who had SKY also had equally good coverage (from what I'm told) if they watch it there.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

1. New Zealand, I think we did fantastic. It was an awesome olympics for us especially with Valerie Adams getting her gold post hoc after the drug scandle.
    2. Drysdale getting gold, so deserving of it. He is such an awesome athelete and a huge inspiration in determination for this "everyones a winner" generation. After Beijing when he compete with a gastro issue too just awesome.
    3. Probably the badminton match fixing and Valerie missing gold to the lady from Belarus (name?) who ended up being tested pos for steroids

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrield View Post
    3. Probably the badminton match fixing
    Oh yeah. forgot about that. Disgraceful. I'm glad they acted swiftly and booted them.