Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yi is a pub stomber. He does very well against unnorganized teams but lacks a lot against organized ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    Xin Zhao is your best alternative. He is really strong in lane phase, can jungle, go top, play as "support" (meaning kill lane bot, which works very well for under 30 games). He scales very well. He does have a slightly higher skill cap then Yi. Slightly, not much.

And as Muzual said, don't play Teemo. Nobody, and I mean nobody likes Teemo players, accept Teemo players. Lately I have noticed in almost every game, "Teemo" is being asked to be reported. Teemo's popularity is very similar to Yi, people hate you. Xin Zhao is going to join the list very very fast.
    Why is Teemo hated so much, everybody hating on Teemo is making me want to try it to see what all the fuss is about I've never faced a Teemo or if I have they weren't great enough to be memorable, the one I do remember is the guy with the big mace and can make lots of lightning around him, he's annoying -_-

Deleted
    He is a "hypercarry" lategame, he can deal even more damage than a normal ranged ad carry, but he is melee, that makes him kinda wortless against people that know how to play against him. Continue play him if you like him but in draft games it can be hard to find a spot where he fits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Why is Teemo hated so much, everybody hating on Teemo is making me want to try it to see what all the fuss is about I've never faced a Teemo or if I have they weren't great enough to be memorable, the one I do remember is the guy with the big mace and can make lots of lightning around him, he's annoying -_-
    "Phew, I lost them. Now to get into a brush and reca.... FUCKING MUSHROOOMS"
    <You have been slain>

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    <You have been slain>
    Mushrooms O.o..? confused even more

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Jayce? He is a VERY GOOD champion. Has an exceptionally high skill cap and one of the most fun champion, if not the most fun champion.

People hate Teemo because players playing Teemo are normally kids who think they are right all the time and everyone is a noob/retard. They also think Teemo is the most OP and awesome champion in the game. He is not. And people hate his mushrooms. All they do is slow you when you are going to kill that mob camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Only at the level where players actually know how to. In level 9 skill range he's totally OP. :P
    ^this. wait until lvl 30 before thinking something is OP or UP. Yi is great at backdooring, hacking away at a player caught alone but near the end of the game its all about 5v5 and he will explode before doing any serious damage.

You want an OP champ try Zyra. Currently in comp matches she's getting picked a lot mid lane. Her harass and damage is top end.

Ah I see now, I'm surprised I haven't seen that. Majority of games I join their are A LOT of well idiots one game I had some guy saying "F*** YOU" to me every time I got a kill, then I'd be like ???, then he would say sorry, then I'd get another kill or when he would die he would say it again ._. and I've had a few people report me for kill stealing when really I saved their asses

To above, Can't afford Zyra yet, I have 3k IP and growing slowly xD

---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 11:22 PM ----------

Why do their have to be so many champions... so many champions.. so much choice.... so little IP...

Don't get Zyra now. She is difficult to learn. Buy an easier midlane champ if you want one, like Ryze (450 IP). Even though he is one of my favs, he is pretty easy and you will most of the time, win your lane if you learn to dodge skill shots. He has crazy damage once he turns 6. In team fights, you are THE MAN.
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!

I tried him for a while during the tutorial games, didn't like it at all to be honest

Well, tutorial games and PvP games are completely different. He is free this week, give him a try in PvP games after reading one of the solomid.net guides on him. But it's upto you.

Deleted
    Fiora is super fun to play, but like Yi, get CCed and its over

10+ Year Old Account
    Yi is a one-trick pony. He does that trick very well. Unfortunately, it's also really easy to stop him from doing that trick.

Well, in Yi's defense, he's really good at backdooring. However, I can't remember the last time I went like "oh crap, there's a Yi on the enemy team". Then again, I always play tanks, so even when I was starting, all it took was a thornmail to stop em.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Just don't play Teemo. Nobody likes Teemo players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterisbest View Post
    And as Muzual said, don't play Teemo. Nobody, and I mean nobody likes Teemo players, accept Teemo players. Lately I have noticed in almost every game, "Teemo" is being asked to be reported. Teemo's popularity is very similar to Yi, people hate you. Xin Zhao is going to join the list very very fast.

Bunnysuit Teemo it will be, suckers You just hate us because were bl... cute...

Deleted
    Yeah don't play Teemo, the shrooms get annoying if the Teemo is in opponents team, unless you have oracle im sure you will die to shrooms when escaping at low health cause Teemos have a habit to have map full of shrooms x10

Teemo isn't cute. He is a very definition annoying.

You wanna see cute? Try Kog'maw. NOW THAT'S CUTE. He is fucking ugly in the pic with a giant face and spit dropping off and whatnot. He looks like he will eat you. But once you select him, and see him onscreen, you love him. His dance, his jokes, his entire animation.

Early on, the best thing to do is play each champion that's free a couple times and get a feel for them. Games will vary alot depending on your team and you'll get a better and better feel for them. The different roles (jungler, tank, support, ap, ad carry, all play differently. You can get a good idea of what you like just by trying different champions out.

I never bought any champions above 1350 while leveling up with the exception of Vayne, but I really, really liked her when I was learning the game. For me, Morganna was the first ap I really connected with. In terms of champions like Yi, I'd suggest Sion. He's only tier 2 (1350) and he's a similar damage boost passive and has a powerful ult like Yi. He also has a ranged stun which is really handy.

As someone else suggest, Irelia is free this week and she's absolutely amazing in terms of a tool kit. She has a leap for killing enemies trying to get away, a snare/stun on a short cool down, passive healing and active true damage that negates all defenses. Her ult is another great tool for healing and killing runners. Her passive reduces CC effects on her, so she's pretty strong being ganked. I tend to build her tanky (merc treads, wit's end, and frozen mallet to begin with). Definitely don't miss the opportunity to play with her. If you are learning, try your luck against bots until you are comfortable with the controls. She's really one of my favorites in the game and getting experience with her now enables you to know if she's worth 4800 points or not.

Yi is a fine champion but like many other people have said, he's melee and weak against CC which hurts him. He's really great at rolling people over that aren't working together as a team though and can snowball out of control easily.

Deleted
    Get champions that are easy to play and focus on last hitting minions and killing only when the opportunity is right. Remember that as you level up your main source of golds will be killing minions and not killing champions (unless you play leblanc). Go for kills when the opportunity is right, don´t just go into the brush and wait to harrass the enemy.

10+ Year Old Account
    <You have been slain>
    this.. is.. sooooooo funny! and here i was thinking the opposite. i really thought you guys were saying people hated teemo because nobody played him well. but now i understand. i acutally love my lil panda teemo, and have done that very same thing! mushroom a bush where the other team might try to go hide.

still.. sooo funny how you said it, im still cracking up!

edit: as far as Yi is concerned, i personally dislike him because he really doesnt bring anything to the team. no CC of any kind. all the other team has to do is harass him a lot early game and yah, he isnt worth anything late game.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.