Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

"Gated" raid progress in mists.

I don't know if "Gated" is the right word, but blizz plans to only release Mogushan vaults first and then heart of fear and then terrance of endless spring.

[Source]

That explains the lower ilvls in MV anycase.

There will be two outdoor world bosses, along with the Mogu’shan Vaults raid instance, available when Mists of Pandaria first launches
    One idea we’re considering is to delay opening Mogu’shan Vaults until a week or so after the expansion’s release
    Mists of Pandaria will also include two other raid zones, which we plan to make available a few weeks after Mogu’shan Vaults: the Heart of the Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring
    What caught my attention.

Eh, I don't really like this idea.. <.<
    Last edited by dezzick; 2012-07-30 at 04:51 PM.

I actually approve. One week after launch release Mogu'shan Vaults. 2 weeks after that release Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Springs. Give people time to level and do the dungeons the first week. 2 weeks of the entry instance, and then with the raid gear do the real instance. This also goes in line with how I thought they would handle LFR.

Deleted
    Gated is the right word, I also noticed that the first raid will be opened one week after launch... I don't like this.

I believe a few weeks ago it was like "16 bosses available at launch" now its, 6 bosses 1 week after launch and 10 more a few weeks later!
    I'm not happy with these developments.

They would do this so there isn't a nerd-rush to lvl 90 to be realm first raid clears. A week-delay would ensure a fair race for server first clears.

I love it. I'll be able to level slowly for that week and enjoy all the things i'd normally skip over because I have to be lvl 90 within the first 36 hours for a raid.

thumbs up for that, it's nice that i don't have to rush 8hours/day for realm first sha of fear...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    They would do this so there isn't a nerd-rush to lvl 90 to be realm first raid clears. A week-delay would ensure a fair race for server first clears.

I love it. I'll be able to level slowly for that week and enjoy all the things i'd normally skip over because I have to be lvl 90 within the first 36 hours for a raid.
    Leveling to 90 is part of the Realm First race whether you like it or not. Even if the only thing it means is another week of valor capping or more time to grind heroics/rep it does matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzick View Post
    Why would they do this?
    Not sure if we could get a comment from a world first raiding guild in this thread but I believe it is because the first tier of Cataclysm was a major drag for many of those guilds. The tier was too long, too many bosses, and without gating these worldfirst guilds felt like they had to rush it to the max in order to stay relevant. Cataclysm released during december and Nefarian wasn't killed until late January, that's one hell of a long stretch of constant progression raiding.

Gating will not harm the vast majority of people while it frees up time for the world first guilds, so I approve of it.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    Gated is the right word, I also noticed that the first raid will be opened one week after launch... I don't like this.

I believe a few weeks ago it was like "16 bosses available at launch" now its, 6 bosses 1 week after launch and 10 more a few weeks later!
    I'm not sure what your problem is, exactly.

Or did you think you would have all 16 bosses on farm status by the end of the first week and before the first tues server/raid reset if they were all available on launch?

dont like it, i prefer to be done in 2-3 weeks tops after the race is up and just log once a week after to farm it. also getting to 90 and clearing it first week for normal and 2nd week for heroic IS part of the race. if you cba to level to 90 fast and start progressing you don't deserve to be in the top10.

It's only so US can get 1 day head start on Normal mods which is the only World Firsts they will get.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan017 View Post
    Leveling to 90 is part of the Realm First race whether you like it or not. Even if the only thing it means is another week of valor capping or more time to grind heroics/rep it does matter.
    The only thing it means is that the pool of potential competition will increase.

If it's truly about competing, isn't that a good thing?

Deleted
    This is nothing but great news. Funny how those that complain would be the same group complaining that they have cleared it all in a week.

It's a great news, in a way, it regulates how world first will be aquired. But for a more mid-range gamer perspective, it will also make the flow much more interesting. Having multiple raids on day one made us prioritize on 1 and leaving the other 2 alone, which is not a good thing. But I know they will probably not require a group to have cleared Vaults before going on later raids, so 2 weeks later, this whole thing won't mean much anymore, except the fact that ilvl are different (difficulty?).

What I am curious to know is how LFR will be handled? Should they bring LFR on Vaults when the second raid goes up? So LFR can really serve as a gearing plan B? Rather than a forced grind to pre-gear for the same content? Will see.

I like the idea, a week isn't going to make a difference to 95% of guilds and a couple weeks to clear MV will be good if we're going to need its gear for the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    Not sure if we could get a comment from a world first raiding guild in this thread but I believe it is because the first tier of Cataclysm was a major drag for many of those guilds. The tier was too long, too many bosses, and without gating these worldfirst guilds felt like they had to rush it to the max in order to stay relevant. Cataclysm released during december and Nefarian wasn't killed until late January, that's one hell of a long stretch of constant progression raiding.

Gating will not harm the vast majority of people while it frees up time for the world first guilds, so I approve of it.
    I know a ton of people that love long tiers that last months. In Burning Crusade they released SP (filler content from BC to Wrath) before anyone killed Illidan and that took months. They are going still going to rush to max level anyway because they want the best heroic gear for the raids and also to gather their elder tokens for extra loot in raids. Gating won't stop the insane rush to getting the best things before you step into raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post

You wouldn't even care about this after the first month, its a non issue and making the release content anticipated and interesting when waiting for it in game.

it's a good idea. not only does it allow people more time to get to 90 and experience other stuff, it lets the developers have an extra week or 2 to test the raid content. imagine if MoP was delayed 2 weeks just because people wanted their raid content "the day of release".

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    The only thing it means is that the pool of potential competition will increase.

If it's truly about competing, isn't that a good thing?
    The people who don't have the time or ability or preparation to push leveling as fast as Top 10 guilds do aren't competition they are an annoyance. All this does is delay the race. If you think top world guilds are going to stop playing because they can't raid you're wrong. They will take that time to level and gear up alts more than the people that need time to level up can do. Which will make the race even more imbalanced at the start due to ability to class stack.