Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    I wasn't aware it was written by ANet's PR staff, not the OP.

This has got the be the convoluted, meaningless, buzz word-laden piece of shit I've ever read.

ANet should fire these people immediately and send them a book on how the communicate in English.
    It makes perfect sense to me. Where's the disconnect?

I wasn't aware it was written by ANet's PR staff, instead of the OP.

This has got to be the most convoluted, meaningless, buzz word-laden piece of shit I've ever read.

ANet should fire these people immediately and send them a book on how to communicate in English -- on how people really write and speak, not this PR-speak bullshit.

Their PR department should hang their heads in shame.
    Does it really matter that much to you? Get a grip.

A person who enjoys WoW PVe is not going to fall in love with GW2 as easily as you are trying to make it sound. Another WoW killer lines up and WoW already having fought numerous 12 rounds fights some won by decision and some by knockout awaits.

Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    2) And i tell u from my personla experience , it doesnt work . How many times have u see ppl whinning about the healing abilities of Elementalist in PvP ?
    1) Again , choose 1 utility spell like mist form-stun breaker - or elixir S to reduce the damage of warriors hundred blades .
    2. Well, probably second most whined class after warriors, and not by a large margin? Especially how powerful the staff elementalist's healing is against condition builds is often the topic. Burstiness of PvP in general makes HoT fairly weak to significantly affect gameplay, but other aspects of elementalist such as its burstiness, flexibility and ease of control make it quite a whine magnet on the forums.
    And obviously, when it comes to HoTting being OP on elementalists, we were talking about dungeons. If you didn't clue in from "three elementalists two guardians in the dungeon" part, I can't really help you.
    1. That's fine. It will do exactly nothing against bull's charge since it doesn't stun. It will also do just as much against potential alternative bolas, because these don't stun either. And if you go the path of retarded survivability at expense of everything else, you'll have the best seat in the house to watch your team get decimated around you as you tickle the enemy with your non-existent damage.

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 03:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by manniefaces View Post
    A person who enjoys WoW PVe is not going to fall in love with GW2 as easily as you are trying to make it sound. Another WoW killer lines up and WoW already having fought numerous 12 rounds fights some won by decision and some by knockout awaits.
    I think anyone that enjoys WoW PvE will not enjoy GW2 PvE. In fact, it seems to designed to cater to people who do NOT enjoy current WoW PvE. The entire "trying to be different PvE exprience" pretty much states that target audience is different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post

Correct. But certain things are proven to work and work well, such as aforementioned bull's charge frenzy hundred blades warrior. There are surely many other things that work too. But if they ever come to work anywhere near as well, they'll become cookie cutters themselves.

So yes, you certainly have a point in that there are viable builds out there other then those that are cookie cutter. What you refuse to see is the natural continuation of your argument, that when these builds become just as effective... they'll become cookie cutters themselves.

So you draw the proverbial argument "battle", and manage to argue against yourself in the actual "cookie cutter" related larger "war".
    It could be we actually agree in practialities, but differ in philosophy!

My approach would be that as more and more builds are recognised as being perfectly viable, the idea of cookie cutter specs disappears and people just accept that people will play what suits them and not some predefined standard spec.

A person who enjoys WoW PVe is not going to fall in love with GW2 as easily as you are trying to make it sound.
    A person who enjoys WoW PvE will most likely be getting their PvE fix in WoW. There are a lot of people tired of WoW PvE, and that's who this was for.

The reason WoW keeps "defeating" their competition is because their competition tries to do the same thing they've been doing for years. It's like the saying "Don't argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." Make a different game, appeal to a different crowd, enjoy success.

Deleted

This has got to be the most convoluted, meaningless, buzz word-laden piece of shit I've ever read.

ANet should fire these people immediately and send them a book on how to communicate in English -- on how people really write and speak, not this PR-speak bullshit.

Their PR department should hang their heads in shame.
    aaaannnd...breath....

Relax, its a PR release, and to be fair it makes some very good points about how the game plays, whether or not its for everyone is another matter.

Its like in wow they use the murloc in their banner adds....its cute. In GW2 the Quaggan are cute.....(ish, actually pretty weird when you really consider them, but thats another discussion!).
    Its a PR release, if all marketing material was pure facts it woudl be very boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Does it really matter that much to you? Get a grip.
    Language is meant to be clear and precise, not to obfuscate and confuse with a bunch of meaningless buzz words thrown in, in order to put a spin on an argument.

If you study English or Math, you'll understand and appreciate clear and articulate writing.

Imagine if someone walked up to you and started talking like how that piece was written. I'd want to throw a heavy English textbook in their face.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2012-08-05 at 03:53 PM.

I think anyone that enjoys WoW PvE will not enjoy GW2 PvE. In fact, it seems to designed to cater to people who do NOT enjoy current WoW PvE. The entire "trying to be different PvE exprience" pretty much states that target audience is different.
    Just to clarify, when we talk about WoW PvE we are talking about raids correct?

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 09:52 AM ----------

Language is meant to be clear and precise, not to obfuscate and confuse with a bunch of meaningless buzz words thrown in, in order to put a spin on an argument.

If you study English or Math, you'll understand and appreciate clear and articulate writing.
    Frankly, on a fansite message board, I could care less. But whatever floats your boat.

Deleted
    1. No one cares if one guy can dodge it. I'll kill his friend, then 2v1 him. Or miss it, have someone else immobilize him and kill him. It will work regardless. That is why bull's charge frenzy hundred blades warriors are a staple burst damage class you see in almost every decent organised sPvP video from BWE3.
    Bullsh.. bullcharge :P ... no I bet you won't, after player get deeper, people won't play glass canons in sPvP!

and if his friend dies... lol l2p ?! Who dies dies because of his own damn fault ... you fail you die ... thats it!

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Just to clarify, when we talk about WoW PvE we are talking about raids correct?

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 09:52 AM ----------

Frankly, on a fansite message board, I could care less. But whatever floats your boat.
    Even people who write using bad grammar, filled with internet memes, with bad punctuation can at least (usually) communicate their point across to the reader. This... this is indecipherable PR-speak. It says nothing precisely. Every second phrase is incomprehensible.

This is worse than forum trolls writing in broken English.

It's a PR piece. Any number of PR releases have buzz words. That's actually what they are suppose to do-- hit consumers with buzz words for the product.

Welcome to the 21st century, taste of a new generation.

Yes, as I said, that was a "PR release". Your last statement and mine are synonymous.

Welcome to modern marketing. For the sake of your sanity I hope that you in fact do not enjoy your stay.

Deleted
    Uhm.. more like 9mln :P. Since the beginning of 2011 WoW lost 3mln ppl - of course, I'm sure MoP will bring the numbers back up a bit, but I'm pretty sure WoW never again hit 12mln subs. Most funny thing is.. more than a half of those 9mln are playing in china/east. http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...to-9-1-Million

As for the topic.. I find it utterly funny how both sides throw around arguments they have no idea around . Like people who call themselves raiders despite the fact they've most likely joined at the end of Wotlk - seriously dudes.. if you didn't raid in classic or TBC (or EQ), you haven't raided sh!t :P. One exception was Ulduar, but yeah the rest of Wotlk and Cata didn't resemble real raiding progression in the slightest. Garbage.

And yeah, GW2 zombies are cute too with their "Anet have found cure for cancer" approach. I mean yeah, game looks good, but seriously please at least to try to separate marketing from reality.

My opinion? I guess GW2 will be quite successful, because there IS actually a market for games like that. I'm not afraid to bet few crates of beer that GW2 will have 4mln active players at the end of this year. Thing is, WoW will not loose many people over GW2, most active players will come from "I've quit WoW long time ago" anyway (that 3mln which already quit) and the fact that quite many will play both WoW and GW2.

Deleted
    2) How many times have u see players whiining : <<FU arenanet , i just met a team full of Elementalists+ Guardians healing each other , and they didnt die>>
    Do u believe that players or boss hit harder ? If <<Burstiness of PvP in general makes HoT fairly weak to significantly affect gameplay,>> , just try to immagine what bosses auto-attack can do .
    Do u believe that Hots or heals , will heal less at 80 and more at lower lvl ?
    That is Arenanet phyloshopy ?
    Or they will try to balance the ratio-heal/health the same across all the lvl ?

About the other specs like : <<burstiness, flexibility and ease of control >> i dont really care , cause my enginner have the 2 last passive too , just ppl cant se it :P

1) Remove toughtness gear
    Equip glass cannon gear
    Get a utility like Mist form
    Netrilize warrior hundred bladed
    Good jod , welcome to the <<meta>> game
    He wasted 2 utilities , while you only 1

Quote Originally Posted by Manji View Post
    Bullsh.. bullcharge :P ... no I bet you won't, after player get deeper, people won't play glass canons in sPvP!

and if his friend dies... lol l2p ?! Who dies dies because of his own damn fault ... you fail you die ... thats it!
    First of all, folks in competitive teams play 12k hp burst/control/support elementalists. Because they work and work WELL. Second if you even for a minute think that teammate dying in sPvP is not at least to extent your fault... Let's just say that you're not going to get into any decent teams, and if you ever try and get rejected think back to this thread. This mindset was likely the main or at least among the top three reasons for your being rejected. sPvP is about TEAMplay. You are responsible for your teammates. Supporting them, healing them, resurrecting them, peeling them, helping them kill enemy and so on.

Pic soft of related: http://500motivators.com/motivate/me...-share-defeat/

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It's a PR piece. Any number of PR releases have buzz words. That's actually what they are suppose to do-- hit consumers with buzz words for the product.

Welcome to the 21st century, taste of a new generation.
    It's far worse than any PR I've ever seen.

On topic, there is nothing in GW2 for WoW players who are accustomed to competitive, progression raiding. It might appeal to WoW's casual playerbase. Or just people who are generally disillusioned with WoW.

It's far worse than the any PR I've ever seen.
    Did you miss the Bulletstorm PR machine?

I am certain they made up words for that game. It was marketing gibberish.

/thatslife

It's is far worse that the usual PR.

On topic, there is nothing in GW2 for WoW players who are accustomed to competitive, progression raiding. It seems catered to stealing WoW's casual market.
    I'm sure GW2 is very concerned with "stealing" WoWs market. Especially because it's B2P.

And to say there is "nothing" for WoW players who raid...

Actually, I'm not going to give you reasons on the contrary, I don't want you to play this game.

Deleted
    It's far worse than any PR I've ever seen.

On topic, there is nothing in GW2 for WoW players who are accustomed to competitive, progression raiding. It might appeal to WoW's casual playerbase. Or just people who are generally disillusioned with WoW.
    Great thing that WoW's competitive progression raiding's population ain't that big. And even they can enjoy a great game during the downtime. Aaaah, how I love these predictions.
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-08-05 at 04:16 PM.