Poll: Favorite Cataclysm Raid

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Favorite Cataclysm Raid

Which one was your favorite Cataclysm raid overall, in the sense of balance, boss mechanics, difficulty and overall enjoyment?

For me it's a pretty close one between BWD and FL, but I'd say FL is an inch ahead, due to it's diversity and particularly the fun tanks had at the alysrazor fight.
    Last edited by mmoc1c05ad3992; 2012-08-03 at 10:12 PM.

blackwing descent
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

To4W.

it had the most interesting mechanics and was even able to introduce a few new things.

when you've been raiding with basically the same 10 people since vanilla you explain bosses by saying "this dragon does a strafing thing like felmist"
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

10+ Year Old Account
    throne of the 4 winds.

I liked the environment, boss mechanics was interesting, and I enjoyed the al'akir fight.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    BWD without a shadow of a doubt. Loved it. I liked pretty much all of the fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    "It's a dragon. Do dragon things."

We had a joke for a long time was that a "Dragon" was determined by a tail swipe. If it didn't have a tail swipe mechanic, it wasn't a dragon. Rather, just a big lizard with wings.

I truely enjoyed Firelands, and was one of the few raids that by the time I was decently geared, I would not ask "Does someone have an alt that wants to take my place?"

Granted, that was when I was getting our second Dragonwrath. Of course.. our first one went to our warlock, who quit WoW shortly after he got the staff. Go figure.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna say Bastion of Twilight, it felt more like the linear-progression old style raids of the past. Not one big room with split hallways/doorways to different bosses. Plus the bosses were okay.

Deleted
    BoT, had great bosses and I liked the interior although it was so FUCKING small and linear.

BwD wasnt bad either but the entire instance was a circular corridor.

Deleted
    Bastion of Twilight. Cho'Gall's voice <3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely Firelands.

Throne of Four Winds because of no trash.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Firelands for sure. unique bosses, awesome fighting mechanism, and Ragnaros fight is truely epic such epicness he should be the last boss in the expansion in my personal opinion tbh.

ragnaros > bwd/bot > firelands >>>>> dragonsoul >>>>>>>>> t4w

voted for bwd

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    BWD. I ran it with a guild in 4.2 (we were not in any T12 gear) and felt it was just the right mix of speed, difficulty, and fun.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Didn't really like any of the raids "as a whole", but my favorite fights were :

- TotFW -> Al'akir HC
    - BoT -> Council HC 25
    - Firelands -> Ragnaros 25HC and Alysrazor HC (super fun\original fight for flyers\tanks)

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No contest - BwD simply because it didn't really have that amount of trash and the bosses were fascinating and tied to BoT however the elemental room takes points away however It's still a great instance as well

TotFW should be never mentioned again I HATE THAT PLACE -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Blackwing Descent was kool. Didn’t care for the others.

Throne of the Four Winds. It was visually pleasing, I love all of the Air dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked bot the most for the new environment. Only part i liked of firelands was heroic rag. Firelands would probably be my fav but you can thanks Rhyolith for making that not happen.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I liked bot the most for the new environment. Only part i liked of firelands was heroic rag. Firelands would probably be my fav but you can thanks Rhyolith for making that not happen.
    Lol, I can't really share all the hate for Rhyolith. Sure it was a very RNG heavy fight, but it was creative, I found it quite amusing and Mumble was always full of life during it