Thread: 5.2 BIS list

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.2 BIS list

Has anyone come out with a 5.2 bis list for shadow? cant seem to find one anywhere... also, will we be able to hit our next haste plateau with 5.2 heroic gear?

5.2 is still at least 13 days out. I've got one with most of the items in it (still missing the Thunderforged/Heroic Thunderforged items that aren't from Ra-den, though) but don't have solid stat weights yet.

It'll be posted up before 5.2 .
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Deleted
    Well dont all the stat weights change come 5.2 with the new talents ? We need to be assured of the 5.2 numbers that go live before we can make gear lists.

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    Well dont all the stat weights change come 5.2 with the new talents ? We need to be assured of the 5.2 numbers that go live before we can make gear lists.
    I'll recalculate as changes get made and update the list. This isn't anything new -- you should have seen the MoP Beta BiS lists where I'd be updating values 3 times a week because of new build releases.

Deleted
    Any chance of a Disc/Holy list too? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinforce View Post
    Healing is a bit diffrent... you can list what will give the most healing per sec, what will be the most effective healing per mana and what will give the most mana per sec they wont be the same. As such there is no BiS list.

Reach the haste breakpoints and get enough spirit to have enough mana (should be defaulted with top gear), the rest is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainmelt View Post
    ^ thanks twintop
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Findulidas View Post
    Healing is a bit diffrent... you can list what will give the most healing per sec, what will be the most effective healing per mana and what will give the most mana per sec they wont be the same. As such there is no BiS list.

Reach the haste breakpoints and get enough spirit to have enough mana (should be defaulted with top gear), the rest is up to you.
    Pretty much this. I have my database structured in such a way that I *could* pump out a list for Holy/Disc given other weights, but it would have to be based on mana regen or throughput (and that's not even getting in to issues like stat stacking Mastery v. Haste v. Crit). It is a difficult task, but if there's something the community would like to see I'll do my best to provide it.

Deleted
    No math behind so I can't assure this, but considering the announced changes so far I expect Int > haste >= crit >>> mastery.

+20% MB damage ---> +crit

Since Wotlk or Cata, I can't remember now, Mindflay is considered a dot. So mastery should affect it and mindflay should have the possibility to double tick. But I'm not sure if this is the case. If it's not affected by mastery, then crit will become even more important compared to mastery. If MF is actually affected by mastery then I don't dare to affirm anything, even more considering the new design for solace talent :P
    Last edited by mmocc46c8e1895; 2013-02-21 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldarc View Post
    No math behind so I can't assure this, but considering the announced changes so far I expect Int > haste >= crit >>> mastery.

+20% MB damage ---> +crit

Since Wotlk or Cata, I can't remember now, Mindflay is considered a dot. So mastery should affect it and mindflay should have the possibility to double tick. But I'm not sure if this is the case. If it's not affected by mastery, then crit will become even more important compared to mastery. If MF is actually affected by mastery then I don't dare to affirm anything, even more considering the new design for solace talent :P
    Spells that Shadow Mastery effects: SWP, VT, DP, MF, MFI (S&I talent), and MSear.

If the original change to DP would have gone through, I would be curious as well about Mastery being more valuable than Crit, but with the +20% MB buff I'm guessing it will be:

Int > SP > Hit (15%) >> Haste (some breakpoint to be determined) > Crit > Mastery > Haste

I have a T15H BiS profile for SimC put together that I'm going to run some sims with tonight.

Deleted
    @ Twintop - Could you please post the results of sims?

Quote Originally Posted by Maticko View Post
    @ Twintop - Could you please post the results of sims?
    Absolutely. I'm going to do a blog post similar to the ones I did during MoP beta that looks at the results of all 90 sims (T3 talents * T5 talents * 1 or 2 targets * 5 fight types).

Since tonight is a raid night and my guild is progressing on H: Sha of Fear, the post might not make it up until this weekend. I'll post a link (at the very least) in this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Int > SP > Hit (15%) >> Haste (some breakpoint to be determined) > Crit > Mastery > Haste
    I agree 90%, but I still think haste will be better than mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    You're welcome.

Pretty much this. I have my database structured in such a way that I *could* pump out a list for Holy/Disc given other weights, but it would have to be based on mana regen or throughput (and that's not even getting in to issues like stat stacking Mastery v. Haste v. Crit). It is a difficult task, but if there's something the community would like to see I'll do my best to provide it.
    Eh? No not really.

Spirit>haste/mastery/crit

Pretty simple. Rest is a case of reforging/enchanting/gemming.

Eh? No not really.

Spirit>haste/mastery/crit

Pretty simple. Rest is a case of reforging/enchanting/gemming.
    If that's a list that would be considered beneficial, I could generate it.

The issue still lies in assigning some sort of value to int, spirit, and haste/mastery/crit. I *could* have the list be broken down by ilvl and then spirit amount (or highest spirit amount obtainable via reforging) and not include Int in it at all (since two same ilvl pieces could have the different Int values if one piece has sockets and the other doesn't).

Again, I could do it *if* people would find a list like this helpful.

Deleted
    More so than the list I always find the stat weights depending on talent combinations the most helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jobbly View Post
    More so than the list I always find the stat weights depending on talent combinations the most helpful.
    That's definitely something I can make available, as the stat weights used in the list are a composite of the talent combination weights. I'll include a link to a relevant blog post in the 5.2 list (when I get it posted, but the blog post and the list).

Deleted
    Our secondary stats will be so close post 5.2 (and all lower than int in output, which realistically puts spirit at the top at equal gear levels until you can't gem out of it anymore) that I find it unlikely that we simply won't use the highest ilvl gear attainable for each slot (even if the reforing may change), compiling something like that would be very easy (albeit possibly a bit simplistic, trinkets may be an slight issue as well).

I legit love you Twintop

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bubblesxd View Post
    I legit love you Twintop
    We all do