10+ Year Old Account

PTS Test Scarwood Reach IA tonight Aug 8th

Finally, some new goodies to test on the PTS

PTS Event 8/8 @ 4PM PDT – Instant Adventure - Scarwood Reach

We’ve made it easier than ever to go adventuring with your fellow ascended, and now you can help test the feature in Scarwood Reach! You’ll get to experience the thrill of Instant Adventure, a public group with dynamically scaling quests!

Join us on PTS tomorrow, 8/8/12 @ 4PM PDT (11PM GMT) for a look at Instant Adventure in Scarwood Reach, as we try to find any kinks, bugs, or pressure points. This is a brand new feature – so don’t expect it to be 100% fully functional but that’s what PTS is for!

We look forward to seeing you there!
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...ood-reach.html

So it seems we know of one thing coming in 1.10, a new IA in Scarwood Reach, wonder why they skipped Scarlet Gorge

I also logged on, nothing yet updated, went to Scarwood but nothing popped so hopefully it's added later on

Deleted
    Personally I don't like them adding in more places to do Instant Adventure, Just means that everyone is spread to 'thin' throughout all the zones and that you only get groups of 1-10 people :/.

If they change it so that the random IA tool makes groups of 20 then im all up for having Instant Adventure all over the place, but the problem is it just sort of spreads people out everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Personally I don't like them adding in more places to do Instant Adventure, Just means that everyone is spread to 'thin' throughout all the zones and that you only get groups of 1-10 people :/.
    I can see them adding in a random feature for this at some point since mentoring is now live. There are limited IA's atm at low level it only make sense to create more for the various zones and then offer a random option at some point or at least hope they go that route.

Honestly I would rather that they added more variety to existing IAs in Silverwood/Gloamwood etc first. They rapidly get monotonous, especially when they send you half way across the zone only to come back on the next quest. They need to be polished and added to, not as Seatin says spread over more zones so that people are more thinly scattered.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like small IA groups tbh, you get less to kill/loot so you're not sat there waiting on respawns like you are with the bigger groups. I hate the Gloamwood IA though, dark and dull, so annoying getting from point A to point B etc. I just spammed Silverwood ones, easy to do and usually just a straight flat line to each quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post

If they change it so that the random IA tool makes groups of 20 then im all up for having Instant Adventure all over the place, but the problem is it just sort of spreads people out everywhere.
    I hate the fact that it seems noone does the higher level ones anymore. Whenever I join the random que 9/10 times it is silverwood, the other 1 time gloamwood. I want to see some EI more often. I went there last night and joined EI specifically and was by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I hate the fact that it seems noone does the higher level ones anymore. Whenever I join the random que 9/10 times it is silverwood, the other 1 time gloamwood. I want to see some EI more often. I went there last night and joined EI specifically and was by myself.
    Yeah, this is pretty frustrating for me as I want the bonus experience/rewards from the randoms, but also want the planarite from doing the sourcestone defend thingies in high level zones (that and I've found them to reward better xp from mobs as well) : /

Think Trion might ever implement optional reverse-mentoring, leveling up the kids so they can hang with the adults in things like IAs? You'd still want to actually level up for your talent points, PA, and additional spells and abilities, but turning a level 20 into a (semi) functional level 50 can't be that hard to tinker with multipliers for, right?

It'd even out the spread for things like IAs, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Think Trion might ever implement optional reverse-mentoring, leveling up the kids so they can hang with the adults in things like IAs? You'd still want to actually level up for your talent points, PA, and additional spells and abilities, but turning a level 20 into a (semi) functional level 50 can't be that hard to tinker with multipliers for, right?

It'd even out the spread for things like IAs, no doubt.
    That would be nice. Other games have done things like this for PvP, SWTOR being the most recent example. I don't see why it wouldn't work for PvE as well, especially something as easy as IA. I don't think they will do it though. They just need to make it so that you get the same rewards for running them all. The 45+ and EI specifically net you a lot more planarite and ISS than the low level. So either add a bonus, if you are 50 running low level you get those types of rewards or, give the random daily rewards for queing for 45+/EI. The former option helps lower levels more of course, as there will be more people running theirs.

The nice part about your option though is that it could cycle you through more. Run one series in Silverwood, then bump everyone up and a series in Gloamwood, then Scarwood, then Shimmersand, then Stillmoor, the Ember Isle, then back to Silverwood. As it is, if there is one level 10-15 in the group, it cannot move the whole group to Gloamwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    The nice part about your option though is that it could cycle you through more. Run one series in Silverwood, then bump everyone up and a series in Gloamwood, then Scarwood, then Shimmersand, then Stillmoor, the Ember Isle, then back to Silverwood. As it is, if there is one level 10-15 in the group, it cannot move the whole group to Gloamwood.
    Exactly my point. It wouldn't work well for dungeons; higher level dungeons are more dependent on a well balanced action bar, but for IA raids, it'll guarantee a better variety of sights.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ooooo any idea when 1.10 should be launching?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water