LastLast

why are Black people so good at running

100 metres

Marathon

possibly 200 m

Hardly any white people in the finals..

Its what Im noticing at these olympics

Deleted
    And let the thread with stupid answers begin....

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been proven pretty much as fact that in general, black peoples muscles twitch faster. When your muscles move they twitch and for black people this happens slightly faster. Why does it happen? We don't know.

The only theory I know of (and goddamn is it controversial but it does make sense) is that with all the slave trade, the physically weak ones died and the strong survived so only those who were physically strong were able to pass on genes, hence good muscles.

Edit: Keep the bollocks like "lol fried chicken watermelon and kool-aid" and "lol run from da police" outta here, otherwise every other post in this thread will get an infraction. It's pathetic and offensive.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    And let the thread with stupid answers begin....
    Thread with a stupid question will obviously get stupid answers.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Deleted
    It seems to be a combination of both genetics and the fact that running is quite a major sport in some cultures more than others, Jamaica for example. Last time I checked only one white man has ever run sub 10 seconds in the 100m, wasn't that long ago. On the other hand, the opposite is true where swimming is concerned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgerald77 View Post
    Its not really all that stupid, he's just talking about the olympics, when we're talking about asians and gymnastics, do we have to say stupid stereotypical stuff?

Deleted
    Black people naturally have faster twitch muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    It's been proven pretty much as fact that in general, black peoples muscles twitch faster. When your muscles move they twitch and for black people this happens slightly faster. Why does it happen? We don't know.

The only theory I know of (and goddamn is it controversial but it does make sense) is that with all the slave trade, the physically weak ones died and the strong survived so only those who were physically strong were able to pass on genes, hence good muscles.

Edit: Keep the bollocks like "lol fried chicken watermelon and kool-aid" and "lol run from da police" outta here, otherwise every other post in this thread will get an infraction. It's pathetic and offensive.
    Thank you for a sensible answer..

I had belief that Genetics where involved... Interesting

Because of their belly buttons.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...cientists.html

Given two runners or swimmers of the same height, one black and one white, ‘what matters is not total height but the position of the belly- button, or centre of gravity,’ claims Duke University professor Andre Bejan, the lead author of the study.

‘It so happens that in the architecture of the human body of West African-origin runners, the centre of gravity is significantly higher than in runners of European origin,’ which puts them at an advantage in sprints on the track, he added.

Blacks generally have longer legs than white athletes, which means their belly-buttons are three centimeters higher than whites', said Professor Bejan.

That means the black athletes have a ‘hidden height’ that is 3 per cent greater than whites', which gives them a significant running speed advantage.

'Locomotion is essentially a continual process of falling forward, and mass that falls from a higher altitude, falls faster, the professor explained.

In the pool, meanwhile, whites have the advantage because they have longer torsos, making their belly-buttons lower in the general scheme of body architecture.

Deleted
    It's not a stupid question, it's genetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    Black people naturally have faster twitch muscles.
    That would mean they would be the best video gamers and ping pong players, but that's not what we see.

If its such a stupid question, why cant you answer it?

In africa there are loads of dangorous animals that u have to outrun, and no rideable animals unless ur at the top around egypt. Therefore theyve had to run fast to escape danger? maybe. the rest of the world has been on horseback for thousand's of years.

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Why are people who practise every day and train really hard good at stuff????

15+ Year Old Account
    Black folk do tend to be better in most physical sports. I think there is something in them that lends itself to excellent fitness when the effort is put in.

I think that they are a different racial classification to White and asian people? (could be wrong)

But yeah, using my logic here - I'd say they run faster because they are generally taller than white people, thus making them faster runners. But idk. And idc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post

I think that they are a different racial classification to White and asian people? (could be wrong)
    ...really?

(in b4 "because they run away from da police!!!!11!!! lolz!!!)

Black folk do tend to be better in most physical sports. I think there is something in them that lends itself to excellent fitness when the effort is put in.
    No, black people are better at their sports, white people at better at their sports, and asians are better at their sports. One race is not the best at all sports, which you could see if you watched the Olympics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzightlive View Post
    i feel sad for people thinking "running from the police" jokes are offensive. why so serious?
    People always get annoyed by stupid answers/questions on the forums. but i assume this is okay because you think its usefull or funny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghrolt View Post
    If its such a stupid question, why cant you answer it?
    Because like you, I don't really care.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Black people are good at sports where pshyical shape is crucial because of both genetical and social factors. Africans have relied on brute force far more and far longer than europeans had, and have transmitted their pshysical abilities from generation to generation. On the other hand, europeans have gotten used to tools and other means of making labor less exhausting. This is why I, personally, consider the black race the 'superior' race. (I'm white btw)

The social factor involve poor families who send their children to play sports in hope of obtaining success. Just look at all the famous baseball players that started from scratch and you'll get the point.

Note that all of the above is not taken from hard scientific facts, it's just my opinion on the matter.