Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Catleap uses factory rejects and cheap circuits and I don't think you will have any luck with a warranty claim because the customer support is pretty much non-existent (the manufacturer of the panel does not grant any warranty on a factory rejected panel). Thats why the price is so good. But if you are lucky, you can cheaply snatch a display with the same panel quality as in the $1000 Dell or Apple Thunderbolt Display. It seems that many people who bought the display are happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    4K is 4x 1080p, meaning 3840x2160.
    These monitors are more than fine for you, Deltrus.
    Catleap's seems fine. If you do get dead pixels, some of the sellers offers RMA.

@ OP, If you want a cheaper-than-standard 2560x1440/1600, the Dell UltraSharp U2713HM should be less expensive once if finally is availible outside OceAsia.
    I have ordered from china and korea before on Ebay. RMA would be about 2 and 1/2 months in total.
    That's if it doesn't get stuck at customs. I would just resell it on ebay before I RMA'D anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Those monitors would not be good enough for me, because I have a bad tendency for being obsessed with needing name brands, for the things I care most about - computer parts and drums/cymbals. Hell even name brands have sometimes been issues for me, so I feel like some off-shoot brand could be an even bigger issue.

The fact it is through ebay? Yeah, not happening anytime soon. Hell I used to have a big issue ordering from Amazon, but it seems like they improved their process.
    Don't feel put off by the previous bad experience that you might have had. This monitor is legit through and through. Also the seller (green-sum on ebay) is very professional. Shipping is extremely quick and communication with the seller is not a problem at all.

I understand your concern for wanting a "brand name" product, but the overwhelming positive response from buyers/users of this monitor is plenty of assurance. I have already started thinking of getting a second one, and I've only had this for half a day!

Btw, for anyone who wants a very similar monitor with some sort of warranty, I found this DGM 27" IPS 2560x1440p, google it.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Btw, for anyone who wants a very similar monitor with some sort of warranty, I found this DGM 27" IPS 2560x1440p, google it.
    There's a million variations on it, there's also Gateways.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Rather not chance the dead pixels

15+ Year Old Account
    I brought one, looks great, no dead pixels or back light bleeding, it's a 2b so I have mine overclocked to 100hz. The stand is a little dodgey though, but if you have the monitor on a solid desk that doesn't move then the monitor won't move. Overall a great purchase for a relatively cheap price, although make sure you have a beast video card with enough vram, my 680 can sometimes crash due to running out of vram while playing BF3 on max at 2560x1440.

You might want to lower AA; The need for Anti-aliasing diminishes the more pixel density a monitor has (which is the one saving grace for gaming on notebooks imo :P).

But yes, the stand is what I've been hearing the most complaints about so far; everyone's been happy with the monitor itself.
    You can mount it on different stands though; I assume it has VESA.

15+ Year Old Account
    You might want to lower AA; The need for Anti-aliasing diminishes the more pixel density a monitor has (which is the one saving grace for gaming on notebooks imo :P).

But yes, the stand is what I've been hearing the most complaints about so far; everyone's been happy with the monitor itself.
    Yeah I ended up changing one of the AA settings and that seemed to do the trick. Also I think there might be a step by step guide on how to mount a VESA on the official overclock.net thread on the yamakasi.

So would my GTX 680 be able to run this monitor @ 2560X1440 and a secondary 24' monitor running 1920 x 1080 (using the bigger monitor for gaming at high/ultra settings and the secondary monitor for internet/movies) ? Here's a GPU-Z validation showing my overclock if that helps http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/5ex5h/
    Last edited by Firedexx; 2012-08-12 at 10:54 PM.
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5 GHz | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series | EVGA GTX 780SC with ACX cooler| Crucial M4 128GB | Samsung 840 256GB| Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB |Western Digital 1 TB Black | CM Hyper 212 Evo (with a push/pull config) | Fractal Design Arc Midi | SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze | Corsair K60 | Razor Naga |JVC HARX900 | BenQ RL2455 | Samsung Syncmaster S24B300

Short answer, yes.

10+ Year Old Account

ss from wow:

8x multisampling:
    http://i.imgur.com/MG9Lh.jpg

2x multisampling:
    http://i.imgur.com/JV2yD.jpg

it's pretty hard to tell the difference, enough so that 8x isn't really needed for gameplay, just high quality screenshots