10+ Year Old Account

PSA: Storm, Earth and Fire is an AOE DAMAGE INCREASE

Just a quick PSA. I see too many WW Monks running around SCK'ing and not even using SEF. What?

C'mon people.

inb4 i knew this already

Quote Originally Posted by Subsequent View Post
    Just a quick PSA. I see too many WW Monks running around SCK'ing and not even using SEF. What?

C'mon people.

inb4 i knew this already
    Why bother, trash dies fast anyways. Who cares about a small dps increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post
    Why bother, trash dies fast anyways. Who cares about a small dps increase.
    In general. Need to AOE on a boss fight? You'll get 20-30k more dps by dotting your SEF's.

Deleted
    I never see other WW's using SEF. I mean they dont use it even on dark shamans. Why?

They probably just forget about it or don't even know it exists.

SEF is a must if you want to be doing the AOE rotation properly. Protectors and Galakras come to mind. Having each clone copying RJW makes for ridiculous damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sähäri View Post
    I never see other WW's using SEF. I mean they dont use it even on dark shamans. Why?
    1 of the bosses is tanked in china

I do this on my monk but cant find a guild that wants a good monk. Go fig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giiggity View Post
    I do this on my monk but cant find a guild that wants a good monk. Go fig.
    10man i'm assuming. Reason why I went Brewmaster for the rest of the expansion. It isn't dps, just WW have nothing for the raid in 10mans so I had to tank to raid.

After MoP, 10man is dead anyways and i'm sure we'll get something beneficial to the raid in WoD, when the class beta forums come out and we can voice our concerns.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do this on my monk if trash is going to last for more than 10 sec.

On protectors i use, but with caution, you know, i dont want the guild yelling at me because ive brought other protector at 66/33% at the same time of the priority one >.>'''

Be careful with blamket statements like that. SEF is certainly an AoE DPS increase, but not all the time and if you don't know the rules it could actually be a DPS loss.

1) Targets must be alive and In AoE range of each other and yourself for around 8 seconds to start becoming a DPS increase. This is because SEF needs TP and RSK to get its damage buffed to full plus a bit of travel time to get there on first cast. That takes about 2-3 seconds and the next few seconds are making up for that. Example: Sha of Pride has a lot of multitarget and AoE stuff, but none of them live long enough to warrant SEF.

2) Targets must be in range of yourself and other spirits (i.e. all close to each other) to AoE with SEF. If targets are spread out, you're just AoEing one target at a time and would do more DPS single targeting with SEF. Example: Protectors if they're close enough for you to hit at least two of them, but if they're all spread out switch to single target with SEF instead of AoE.

3) Targets can't be rapidly dying, you need stable targets to use SEF with as the spirit despawns when its target dies. This is kind of obvious but I have seen people that didn't realize that their spirit goes away when its target dies. Example: Spoils of Pandaria small boxes don't live long enough to use SEF amd large ones are simgle targeted too much to bother with SEF. The only real place to use it that fight is on Mogu Ritualists and their phylactories which share damage like dark shamans.

SEF is an amazing ability that you can abuse for a lot of DPS (lol 639k on Protectors on Tuesday), but like with so many things about WW it's very hard to make blanket rules for when you should and shouldn't use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Be careful with blamket statements like that. SEF is certainly an AoE DPS increase, but not all the time and if you don't know the rules it could actually be a DPS loss.

1) Targets must be alive and In AoE range of each other and yourself for around 8 seconds to start becoming a DPS increase. This is because SEF needs TP and RSK to get its damage buffed to full plus a bit of travel time to get there on first cast. That takes about 2-3 seconds and the next few seconds are making up for that. Example: Sha of Pride has a lot of multitarget and AoE stuff, but none of them live long enough to warrant SEF.

2) Targets must be in range of yourself and other spirits (i.e. all close to each other) to AoE with SEF. If targets are spread out, you're just AoEing one target at a time and would do more DPS single targeting with SEF. Example: Protectors if they're close enough for you to hit at least two of them, but if they're all spread out switch to single target with SEF instead of AoE.

3) Targets can't be rapidly dying, you need stable targets to use SEF with as the spirit despawns when its target dies. This is kind of obvious but I have seen people that didn't realize that their spirit goes away when its target dies. Example: Spoils of Pandaria small boxes don't live long enough to use SEF amd large ones are simgle targeted too much to bother with SEF. The only real place to use it that fight is on Mogu Ritualists and their phylactories which share damage like dark shamans.

SEF is an amazing ability that you can abuse for a lot of DPS (lol 639k on Protectors on Tuesday), but like with so many things about WW it's very hard to make blanket rules for when you should and shouldn't use it.
    This ^

I agree, I love SEF and I more so love when other monks go "how the hell did you pull that much DPS on Shamans??".

10+ Year Old Account
    If any monk doesn't know this they should stop playing the class asap...they are a smear to our quality
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy