Hey

I recently built my own brand new computer along with a friend, 3-4 weeks ago that is (specs are in my signature). It functioned damn good to say the least (and still does) but I've experienced a rather annoying and somewhat mysterious problem with it the last ~2weeks. Around 1/3 and 1/2 of the times when I start my computer, the BOOT_DEVICE_LED lights up on my ASUS Sabertooth Z77 and the motherboard image (the one where u access BIOS, I actually have no idea if it has a specific name :P ) gets stuck and it doesn't move on.

The problem is easily fixed though. All I have to do is pull the power cord out for like 5-10 seconds and plug it back in. Then it boots properly. But the issue still bothers me as I figure it's not optimal and it must be caused by something being faulty or something being configured wrong.
I've tried to search for solutions and found a few. People say it could be caused by the power connectors on the motherboard not being properly plugged in, so I've tried taking them both out (the 24pin and the 8pin) and plugged them back in, but did not help at all. Still occurs. People also talk about faulty RAM but I haven't exactly tested this as it would require me to test each RAM stick individually and try to boot my computer multiple times with one stick, four times total since i have 4x4GB. Or am I wrong? Are there any other way to test faulty RAM?

Some things noteworthy:
When we built the computer (My friend has done it before, he's no noob!) we forgot to plug in the 8pin power connector on the motherboard... We tried to boot it, unknowing of the 8pin connector wasn't plugged in, and it wouldn't boot. We discovered it quickly though and plugged it in. This wasn't a problem itself back then, as it booted with not probs afterwards, but I was wondering if that somehow could be a part of the reason it doesn't boot properly 100% of the times now?

Does anyone have a solution? It's not like it's major life-breaking problem, but I feel the need to fix it and I believe it's unhealthy for my computer in the long run for some reason.