Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    This made me wonder if women paedophiles even exist.
    Ofcourse the do..

The last couple (3 or 4) of (public known) cases here in Denmark, both the mother and father have been found guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye007 View Post
    Because as we all know, sitting on a crowded airplane is the best place to try having sex with a child without drawing attention...

Only on Penn State Air

Also enjoy your $$$ they will settle out of court so free money FTW
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-08-10 at 03:47 AM.

I love the comments on the article:

Perfectly legitimate policy. I would entrust Virgin to take care of my children on flights if they were unaccompanied and policies like this show that they are trying to minimalise ANY potential problems. If you say 1 in 1000 women or 2 in 1000 men, you would select the 1/1000 and this is just basic probability.
    This said, I do feel Mr. McGirr's frustration and anger though. Strongly. Bringing this story up as a case for sexism undermines the case for his frustration with the airline. It's not sexism. It's poor service. It was a legitimate policy that was delivered/handled poorly. They should have assigned the seats during check-in or they should have at LEAST on the plane, delivered the message with more of a professional manner. System change/Staff training required.
    Commenter
    Adele
    August 10, 2012, 11:51AM
    Adele: You are saying 1 in 500 men are paedophiles?

Even the comments are sexist.

cant wait to see the feminists come into this discussion and try to justify this bullshit.

i will be damned surprised if we don't hear a peep from them tho.

That is such a discriminative policy and it's disgraceful, the Airline ought to be a ashamed.

"We don't want to offend any male passengers but we're going to make the assumption that you and every other man is a potential paedophile, thanks for understanding"

Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    cant wait to see the feminists come into this discussion and try to justify this bullshit.

i will be damned surprised if we don't hear a peep from them tho.
    You know...
    Second-wave feminism went out of fashion some time ago. You might not have gotten the message.
    If anything, I'll bet that most feminists would completely agree that this is a case of sexism.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    You know...
    Second-wave feminism went out of fashion some time ago. You might not have gotten the message.
    If anything, I'll bet that most feminists would completely agree that this is a case of sexism.
    Oh no it hasn't. However I don't call them "feminists"; "feminuts" is a term more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yes they do.

This is a major lawsuit in the making.
    shame there wasnt female pedophile when i was 12-15

Oh no it hasn't.
    Hmm... Must be a location thing. Tsk; fads...
    So; feminism: We've gone past 3rd wave (which was fun; female empowerment, but NOT at the cost of men), brushed past Masculinism and dove directly into the general Gender Equality movement. Society hasn't fully picked up yet; will probably take some time, sweat and tears, but hey; there's definite improvements.
    So where's your country at Rukentuts?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    Ah, yes... Rape fantasies. Everyone has them, you know.
    But it's not that fun when it actually happens.

Honestly; this is a subject that I feel should not be treated lightly.

Yea, because a woman-version of Sandusky would definitely be your Mrs. Robinson.

This is obscene, no one should be treated like that. If you're really going to make policies like this, why let unaccompanied minors on your plane at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Hmm... Must be a location thing. Tsk; fads...
    So; feminism: We've gone past 3rd wave (which was fun; female empowerment, but NOT at the cost of men), brushed past Masculinism and dove directly into the general Gender Equality movement. Society hasn't fully picked up yet; will probably take some time, sweat and tears, but hey; there's definite improvements.
    So where's your country at Rukentuts?

Ah, yes... Rape fantasies. Everyone has them, you know.
    But it's not that fun when it actually happens.

Honestly; this is a subject that I feel should not be treated lightly.
    Please don't confuse feminists and feminuts. Feminists lead by example, they won't to better themselves and others, they break through glass ceilings and are generally inspiring.

Feminuts on the other hand just sit around and bitch. They don't work to better themselves, they generally leech off others and don't take any initiatives.

HEARD THAT!

While I can kind of understand an argument for this policy if they use it to assign seats(a retarded algorithm, but still), it's not a great policy, and opens yourself up to much such negative press when you have to enforce it like this.

TL: DR; sexist.
    Last edited by Darth Steve; 2012-08-10 at 04:05 AM.

Please don't confuse feminists and feminuts. Feminists lead by example, they won't to better themselves and others, they break through glass ceilings and are generally inspiring.

Feminuts on the other hand just sit around and bitch. They don't work to better themselves, they generally leech off others and don't take any initiatives.
    Wait, feminuts is the new word for lfr puggles?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah that's absolutely sexist is all I'm going to say

I know how he feels. I was sitting at a trolly stop, on a bench, one day. Across the street is a park with a playground. I was sitting with my head back, eyes closed waiting for the bus when I heard a kid yell from the playground, I looked over cause ti startled me. Apparently the 5 secs I was looking made me a predator cause next thing I knew, the cop who was sitting at the park came over and asked me why was I looking at the kids.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

1. Protecting kids, that is good.

2. Assuming all male adults are pedophiles, that is bad.

Yes they do.

This is a major lawsuit in the making.
    loving your avatar, quiet fitting. Also you seems to know some about lawsuits and pedophilia lol

On topic: Virgin Airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Wait, feminuts is the new word for lfr puggles?
    Well, apply that to life in general, and how it's all unfair because I have a vagina, but yet I don't do shit about it and just bitch on the internet, and you basically have the right idea.

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by braxx View Post
    loving your avatar, quiet fitting. Also you seems to know some about lawsuits and pedophilia lol

On topic: Virgin Airlines.
    Uh.....h'ok.