Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    Buy this one:
    http://motoburg.com/images/toyota-hilux-04.jpg
    Toyota Hilux. You can also buy old model, both are basically indestructible. If you want to know how much indestructible, check top gear from UK on youtube about toyota hilux. After whole day of destroying engine still started and new model they were driving it to north pole and around volcano.
    Best car for money with a lot of space and good strong engine!
    Is this even available in the US?
    Edit: nope answered myself, they turned the Helix into the 4runner in NA which is now an SUV
    poop. It looked nice at least.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, but as adam22 stated I should find out what he really wants. I think I'm just going to shop around with him and support his decision and sneak in and hopefully pay for the bill/a huge chuck of it, but at least I can go into the discussion with *some* knowledge and opinions of my own. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by galaxiah; 2012-08-10 at 09:47 PM.

Sylvari Necromancer

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My Preferences based on Longevity Durability overall (Im a mechanic)

Ford with Dodge (318/360) right on its ass
    Chevy AFTER 2010
    Toyota (pre 04)

On a personal choice I lean more towards the Ford (been in a Ford Family for years but I do own a Chevy Camaro LOL)

I own a Cherokee with 318, Ford F250 with the older big boy 460 for my trucks. I've owned them for at least 5 yrs and about the only work I've done is the usual tuneup stuff. If he does his own work thats something to consider too. I can strip the 318 down to the heads in a couple hours. My Camaro on the other hand takes about 5-6 hrs. The head gasket just blew on the camaro and they wanted $1600 to redo it. But I can do the work myself with parts costing $400. So thats something else to consider. The fancier it is the more that can go wrong and the more it costs to fix.

I've driven a friends 2009 F150 and I was pretty impressed.

In all honesty though find out what HE wants. If my wife walked up with a 2003 Duramax Diesel, I'd kick her in the ass LOL. I NEVER pick out my wifes car. She does ask me for advice, I give it to her then she goes looking. I tell my friends straight up on vehicles when they ask but the bottom line I always end the conversation is: You make the choice, you gotta drive it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    In all honesty though find out what HE wants. If my wife walked up with a 2003 Duramax Diesel, I'd kick her in the ass LOL. I NEVER pick out my wifes car. She does ask me for advice, I give it to her then she goes looking. I tell my friends straight up on vehicles when they ask but the bottom line I always end the conversation is: You make the choice, you gotta drive it.....
    Yeah which is why I came to my conclusion it may not be too smart to just surprise him, that shit is not easy to return. And I would be pissed if he got me, let's say, a Mustang over what I really want (but he's not that stupid). Or I could say fuck it and just get my car if he's still indecisive.

Sylvari Necromancer

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxiah View Post
    Yeah which is why I came to my conclusion it may not be too smart to just surprise him, that shit is not easy to return. And I would be pissed if he got me, let's say, a Mustang over what I really want (but he's not that stupid). Or I could say fuck it and just get my car if he's still indecisive.
    O I understand but also do a lot of research. I usually prefer Mustang over Camaro but the wife cant drive stick (believe me I've tried) and the years we were looking at Ford couldnt make a decent Automatic where Chevy had their shit together with theirs. Not to mention Chevy had their shit together with the camaros since 4th gen and even my 95 Vert could take on the Stangs cept the cobras and the ones built until '10. But Mustang is still a good car.....

Point is look at a truck, RESEARCH it (cannot stress this enough!!) until your fingers bleed (reviews, forums, etc), and then maybe throw some spice into it. Have him pick 5 that he is interested in then maybe YOU go pick the winner of those....

Feel free to ask me about any specifics and I'll give ya an honest opinion.
    Last edited by Locruid; 2012-08-11 at 12:41 AM.