10+ Year Old Account
    We only beat them 5-0 at home but yea I always knew this was gonna be a one sided game.

Thankfully Wales took care of business tonight & beat Scotland 2-1, serves the Scottish Fuckwit Association right!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    0-0 that kinda puts a dent in our plans atleast we got a free point from germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, England wanted to win that one.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    I've been listening to 606 and I'm quite annoyed at this notion that lesser teams should have to qualify. I don't see what harm the presence of smaller teams causes. 85000 people paid to see them at Wembley, I'm not sure how many people flew out tonight but they all seemed to be enjoying it. Yeah, they're never going to beat the big teams, but by that same token should Scotland and Wales also have to pre-qualify? I don't by the argument that the risk of injury goes up either. You could get injured in training, and chances are if you take San Marino out you're just going to play a different team instead, perhaps in a more competitive match where the risk of injury will go up.

The most disturbing thing about the England result was the BBC, now I know they're strangers to professionalism, but the comments from them on the live feed over the course of the evening were pretty much as disrespectful as it gets - there is absolutely no need whatsoever for shit like "we want 10" or other derogatory comments about the scoreline. It was San fucking Marino, their population is 10% the size of Coventry, I kid you not, there's no need to be lording it up like that, everyone in world football knows San Marino are whipping boys, it's not really something to celebrate nor deride, it's like laughing at an amputee because they don't have a limb. To put it in perspective for the pathetically inane minds at the beeb, San Marino have played 118 matches and scored 19 goals in the process, including (I suspect the reason for the "professionalism") one against England - 118 played, 5 draws, 1 win, christ they couldn't even beat the Vatican!

Things like that are what pisses me off about the BBC, by all rights, comment on the game, comment on the fact the England side went out and put a professional beating on them, just cut the bullshit out when there's neither need nor justification for it.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 12:09 AM ----------

And for those who know I love me a bit of pissing about with attendances up here, tonight's Scotland game at Hampden drew a crowd of 39,365. Rangers play at home tomorrow against Stirling and well, I'd be surprised if we cannot top that, even with the snow - less than 40,000 for a match against Wales is poor by everyone's standard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why hasn't this been posted? Stunning goal by Balotelli as Italy come back from behind to draw 2-2 with Brazil. This was an extremely exciting match, I'd highly recommend you download the match and watch it later.
    Last edited by Norganon; 2013-03-23 at 03:35 AM.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Khedira was up and running so no worries there

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Apparently Northern Ireland's game is at risk tonight due to snow at Windsor Park - they're supposed to be playing Russia.....

You couldn't write this shit could you!
    The US game tonight was hilarious to watch with all the snow. I really don't think I've ever actually seen anything like it myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the English media. England beat San Marino and they start analyzing who needs to play and who doesn't. It San fucking Marino if you collect 11 kids from the streets of a random English town you can beat them.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Indeed. San Marino has a population of 33,000

think about that

Well, 0-0 at home for Rangers today - not good enough I'm afraid! However it's interesting to note that the attendance was 44,608, I was in the area with the family today and it wasn't too pleasant a day but STILL managed to score more fans than the Scotland game - note to the Scottish Fuckwit Association, Scottish football is dead & buried!

On the plus side, some nugget promoting the Scotland U21's got a little more than they bargained for asking me if I wanted to help support them!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21877134

Could be an interesting signing for next season. Van Wolfwinkel is a pretty good striker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Norwich has a solid defence, adding to their strikeforce makes sence. Good pickup.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    You Norwich lads better get him ready for a clockwork orange, we desperately need a good striker.
    Last edited by Norganon; 2013-03-24 at 05:44 AM.
    Ohio State Buckeye

argentina keep playing amazing this year also! yay

and Messi.. if he isn't the best player in the history.. he has to be at least in top 3.

seriously this guy. Is the best, how people can't see it >.<

and Higuain.. he's amazing when he plays with Messi.
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2013-03-24 at 06:22 AM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't compare Messi to Pele or Cruyff. Different styles, different generations. Messi and Ronaldo are by far the best modern footballers though.
    Ohio State Buckeye

yeah but the thing with messi, they both are so different.. Ronaldo is amazing not gonna lie.. but messi plays like people used to play in the 50's seriously he's like a dog when you throw something that he likes, like a ball or so. he just look at it and try everything to get it, not matter what if he can he gonna keep trying same with messi. Even if he get kick in the knee and shits he just try and never stop..

Unlike ronaldo when you touch him he falls/dives..

that's why I guess messi is the best by some good margin.. tho.. ronaldo is more complete, but messi doesn't care if he can get a yellow card for the defenders or even a penalty (which isn't smart most of the time..) but he doesn't stop till he scores
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2013-03-24 at 06:58 AM.
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ronaldo doesn't dive as much as he used to do. Not as much as the Azulgrana anyway. Messi is pretty driven, yeah, but Ronaldo has an amazing mentality. Messi was born with a lot of talent, Ronaldo had to work very hard for it. Why even bother discussing though? We should enjoy both these immensely talented footballers while we can.

On a side note, as a Madrid fan, I will never ever admit anything that has to do with Barca will be better than Madrid. Just saying.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    On a side note, as a Madrid fan, I will never ever admit anything that has to do with Barca will be better than Madrid. Just saying.
    then there's no point of arguing about it

Ronaldo dives, Messi doesn't

Period

and well both work hard for it.. remember when messi used to be shit at freekick? now he's one of the best..

Messi is like a genius.. his passes are amazing, ala xavi
    Last edited by EqualWin; 2013-03-24 at 07:33 AM.
    - Ronald Koeman.