10+ Year Old Account
    Bayern : HSV 9:2 unreal... can we deport them to some other country or something? Bayern is offshore anyway. somehow... rofl.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    United will put their top team on no? I mean the league is all but won and they aren't in any other competition. Might as well go full force for it.
    I hope so, winning the EPL and FA Cup would be nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    a result that rarely happens... so why do you even talk when you have no idea about the league ?

bayern playing an almost perfect season one they never played before and HSV was terrible today.
    Heh funny you say that, some of Bayern wins this season 6-1, 5-0, 5-0, 6-1 and now 9-2.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Madrid drew 1-1 with Zaragoza today. An awful game, Madrid played like we've gotten used to - pathetic without any creativity. I can't even see them get to the semis of the CL if they play the way they did today. For the record, Zaragoza hadn't scored in 4 games and today they scored within 6 minutes.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Both Madrid and Barca were real lethargic today, Norganon. It's like they couldn't give a rats ass about the league.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sunderland have "parted ways" with O'Neill.

I'm always sceptical of a changing of manager towards the end of the season in an attempt to stay up, it smells of futile desperation.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know but it was worrying. How much of these games are we gonna get? This is not a nice way to prepare for the CL clash.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Sunderland have "parted ways" with O'Neill.

I'm always sceptical of a changing of manager towards the end of the season in an attempt to stay up, it smells of futile desperation.
    I'm not so sceptical, it allows the new guy a chance to get in, see the squad of players he currently has in real games & assess where he needs to improve the squad, who to get rid of and who has potential to work next year which you wouldn't get if you come in after the season is done. It's probably the best time to get a new guy in and in this case I doubt it's so much about avoiding the drop now but getting foundations for next season in place.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can appreciate the logic there, it's damage control and prep for life in the Championship. But people always throw this daft opinion that a new manager inspires players to try harder, to improve the boss and fight for survival.

Right now Sunderland look like a fish out of water, and they've given up flopping.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    haven't bayern pretty much been winning every second year since forever back and now dortmund the last two years shocked them forcing a reaction, also arsenal won! now thats a treat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

I look at Sunderland's remaining fixtures and when you've got Chelski, Spurs & Everton before your season's out you know you're fighting a losing battle
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

today I turn on the tv.. started watching barca.. saw it was 1-1 with tello goal and around 60 min or so.. I was like messi has to score his 19th goal in a row and break a record scoring vs all the teams in a row.. then messi gets the balls assist tello, tello gives it back to messi and he scores, it was an amazing goal .

and man city.. nasri played amazing hopefully he keep playing like that
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    The goal wasn't amazing, the record he broke with it was amazing.

Mourinho said today that until Diego Lopez loses the good form he's in, Casillas will remain on the bench. Thoughts?
    Ohio State Buckeye

Bayern are going to be unstoppable next season. Guardiola and a £70M war chest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    haven't bayern pretty much been winning every second year since forever back and now dortmund the last two years shocked them forcing a reaction, also arsenal won! now thats a treat!
    Bayern is like United. They win often but not always and they are basically guarantied to be in the top 3 every year. Btw, in the last 10 years the BL has had 6 different champions (7 different runners-ups) and the PL 4 (4 different runners-ups). The BL is not a 1 horse race, although this season makes it seem so, there are always surprises and inconsistencies that make the league exciting.

Last season was an incredible season for the Premier League, probably the best in history. This year has been rather dull although the relegation + top four battle is really tight this season.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Bayern is like United. They win often but not always and they are basically guarantied to be in the top 3 every year. Btw, in the last 10 years the BL has had 6 different champions (7 different runners-ups) and the PL 4 (4 different runners-ups). The BL is not a 1 horse race, although this season makes it seem so, there are always surprises and inconsistencies that make the league exciting.
    which isn't what I said at all was it, I just said bayern until dortmund won twice has won every second year.

just looked it up and indeed up intil dortmunds double back in 94/95 bayern has won atleast every second year, not that there is anything wrong with it I'm just saying its impressive and kinda scary.
    Last edited by Larath; 2013-03-31 at 10:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larath View Post
    which isn't what I said at all was it, I just said bayern until dortmund won twice has won every second year.

just looked it up and indeed up intil dortmunds double back in 94/95 bayern has won atleast every second year, not that there is anything wrong with it I'm just saying its impressive and kinda scary.
    You're right, it wasn't. That was just me somehow completely misreading your post going into super defensive mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankLampard View Post
    Last season was an incredible season for the Premier League, probably the best in history. This year has been rather dull although the relegation + top four battle is really tight this season.
    This season has had one of, if not the best comebacks from a team since 98/99 . It's dull in the state that the title is essentially decided. But it now had a new story, once it was "Can this team do the treble" or "Can they win three in a row or even "Can this side go unbeaten" Now you've a team looking not just to set a new points record, but can they hit 100 points?

Also 2-5th is a real scrap this year. The top relegation spot will come down to the final day too and it's a good scrap for top scorer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Heh funny you say that, some of Bayern wins this season 6-1, 5-0, 5-0, 6-1 and now 9-2.
    5-6 goals happens alot in every league, i am talking about 9 goals... last time this happend was over 13 years ago