Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    That was pathetic. The way Dortmund wasted time was just awful. I know it shouldn't come down to it, but they really showed the dark side of football today. I always disliked Germans, but I guess it's normal to do. I'll blame it on frustrations.

Mod Warning: Nation Bashing is not allowed

Not like Madrid deserved anything. Please Chelsea, get Mourinho. I'll pay you to get Mourinho. So predictable. He played in exactly the same way he did in the Spanish Supercup against Barcelona. Go full out for 15-20 minutes, then lean back. Usually works, but not if you don't score.

EDIT: Took out the German part, unnecessary, and pure frustration.
    You still say you hate Germans and that it's normal to hate Germans.

I, as a German who never wronged you, or any of your countrymen, still feel offended by this post and would never post anything like this, even when enraged.
    Please think about removing that part altogether to keep this forum civil.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you read what it says?! That's some impressive eye sight.
    Quote Originally Posted by TequilaFlavor View Post
    You still say you hate Germans and that it's normal to hate Germans.

I, as a German who never wronged you, or any of your countrymen, still feel offended by this post and would never post anything like this, even when enraged.
    Please think about removing that part altogether to keep this forum civil.
    I removed it, calm down.
    Last edited by Norganon; 2013-04-30 at 09:32 PM.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Deleted
    Hey man, we'll get you one day. Hopefully.

I have no interest in Dutch football outside of Ajax by the way, so yeah. Madrid it was.
    The day will come when Oranje gets their first world cup, I promise you. You guys have been way too great for way too long to not have a cup.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what you say, look at our national team. Full of Eredivisie talents, who wants those?! Now look at your team, Özil (my favorite player, exactly), Khedira, Reus, Hummels, Lahm, Neuer. It's just insane.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Deleted
    That's what you say, look at our national team. Full of Eredivisie talents, who wants those?! Now look at your team, Özil (my favorite player, exactly), Khedira, Reus, Hummels, Lahm, Neuer. It's just insane.
    You still got guys like Van Persie, Sneijder, Robben, Van der Vaart, Huntelaar. I'd trade Gomez for Huntelaar or Van Persie any day. Your defense could use a little work, but it will come, give it time. It's not like Holland hasn't been elite for decades.

How can you read what it says?! That's some impressive eye sight.

I removed it, calm down.
    Thank you, I know that emotions can sometimes get the better of you, happens to everyone, mate.

What does it have to do with my eyesight, though ?

Not trying to start an argument, I just didn't get this one.

Deleted
    You have kids like Eriksson, Fischer and a few other young talents coming through that look damn good. along with the old guns, though the team is ageing now and will have to rebuild. It's unlucky that your team was peaked when the Spaniards came through and dominated the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    But Van Persie fails so much for Holland. He never is there when he's needed. Look at the Euro's, how pathetic was that?! The defense is even worse now, with supertalent Jetro Willems on LB. He's like Marcelo, only terrible. He runs forward with the ball and has no idea what to with it. Heitinga and Matthijsen are just awful, and Van der Wiel hasn't been in form for years.

It looks bad for the world cup, I gotta say. Maybe it'll be fixed, maybe not. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    You have kids like Eriksson, Fischer and a few other young talents coming through that look damn good. along with the old guns, though the team is ageing now and will have to rebuild. It's unlucky that your team was peaked when the Spaniards came through and dominated the world.
    Those are Danish though. No use to us.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is, in the 90's the Dutch had one of the finest squads in the world, all the way through to the early 2000's.

They were just abysmal at playing together. I dunno what it is, but they're just one of those countries that cannot achieve success even when everyone expects them to take it. I mean this was a team with Robben, Stam, Kluivert, Overmars, Davids, Van Der Sar, Seedorf.

They had a squad that was dripping with talent in virtually every position and yet somehow haven't taken a trophy since the '88 Euros. For some reason there's always dressing room conflict within the team or with the manager that's hampered Dutch national sides, it's really head scratching that a nation throughout the years have brought us the likes of Cruyff and Van Basten have a single Euro title to their honours.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Those are Danish though. No use to us.
    OH GOD MY BAD. Had a bit of a brainfart.
    They play for Ajax so I instantly assume that they're Dutch, even though I know otherwise... oh well I think this proves I'm tired, should sleep now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Thing is, in the 90's the Dutch had one of the finest squads in the world, all the way through to the early 2000's.

They were just abysmal at playing together. I dunno what it is, but they're just one of those countries that cannot achieve success even when everyone expects them to take it. I mean this was a team with Robben, Stam, Kluivert, Overmars, Davids, Van Der Sar, Seedorf.

They had a squad that was dripping with talent in virtually every position and yet somehow haven't taken a trophy since the '88 Euros. For some reason there's always dressing room conflict within the team or with the manager that's hampered Dutch national sides, it's really head scratching that a nation throughout the years have brought us the likes of Cruyff and Van Basten have a single Euro title to their honours.
    I think it's because we never had the right coach in the 90s. Advocaat was decent, yeah, but not Netherlands material. In the Netherlands we still scratch our head as to why we lost the 74 final, that we really really should have won. No offense to the Germans, but that was our year. The mother of all loses we call it. If Cruijff was with us in '78', we could have won. We were so close too...

I'm sure one day the title will come, but not in the forseeable future. The squad we have now is too young and nowhere near talented like the previous generation. Van Nistelrooy, Stam, Sneijder, van der Vaart, those were players. But this time, it's Lens, Narsingh, Clasie, Affelay. I'd rate us outside of the top 10. None of those players would ever earn a transfer to Madrid/Barcelona. Even though Affelay did go there, but he never was good enough.

EDIT: Today's mosaic, don't act like you're not impressed:
    Last edited by Norganon; 2013-04-30 at 10:35 PM.
    Ohio State Buckeye

EDIT: Today's mosaic, don't act like you're not impressed:
    Not impressed. It's a corner of the stadium, come on.
    Barca does a mosaic on regular basis and it looks a lot better (reference point: http://tinyurl.com/d7bjlea)

Camp Nou will look like that tomorrow, which is ALL the stadium, THAT is a mosaic:

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, implying I will ever admit anything Barca does is better than Madrid. I will be rooting for you guys tomorrow though, don't disappoint! At least get a win, keep the Spanish pride up.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Hah, implying I will ever admit anything Barca does is better than Madrid. I will be rooting for you guys tomorrow though, don't disappoint! At least get a win, keep the Spanish pride up.
    I wasn't rooting for Madrid, not because I'm that shallow but because i really feel Jorgen Klopp deserves the Champion's League. I have nothing with Dortmund but that man is so charismatic, driven and passionate that It's hard for me not to admire that. On top of that I feel that it's a now or not for a long time for Dortmund to win it. Real Madrid is a top contender almost every year so I feel less sorry for them, La Decima will come sooner or later. But if there's 1 player that in my opinion deserves more personal and club silverware than anyone its Cristiano Ronaldo. Like him or hate him but no one can deny this guy is an amazing athlete.

Had Madrid played against clubs like PSG, Chelsea, Man City then i would've rooted for Real Madrid. Tomorrow's result for me is not important. What is important is that Barca will play like it's the last football match of every players carreer on the field and that their whole reputation is at stake. If they play like that but still lose 0-3, then I'll happily accept the loss and move on. If however, they play like a wet newspaper and play a 2-0 or something by chance, ill be more disappointed. I'm expecting to see the highest level of football tomorrow.

That said, if Barca manages to pull it off tomorrow they'll be praised as football Gods by the media. When they fail everyone forgets Barcelona's performance in the previous years and Messi gets a "5/10" because he didn't carry the whole team. At that point 4 balon d'ors are forgotten for a moment as well. Opportunism at it's best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not anit-spain but they do need to be knocked down a peg or too, its been good for the old spanish egos the last 5 years or so but leads to a lot of smugness too, I would prefer an all german final too, added spice, quite enjoyed the last all england one.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Im not anit-spain but they do need to be knocked down a peg or too, its been good for the old spanish egos the last 5 years or so but leads to a lot of smugness too, I would prefer an all german final too, added spice, quite enjoyed the last all england one.
    Madrid has always been a good contender in the CL. I don't think that will change in the next 50 years either.
    Get used to seeing Barcelona there constantly as well, since Johan Cruijff put his stamp on the club they have been doing quite well.
    La Masia will be a player producing factory for them, they now need to have the balls to start refreshing the squad with new young blood.
    German's are just returning from where they were before, but Germans have never been really away either.

I really don't like the same country matchups. I was really hoping the CL final would have been a spanish - germany final. I tend to skip watching same country matchups.

What's wrong with same country match-up's?
    It's not like Bayern and Dortmund aren't extremely competitive with each-other like Madrid and Barcelona.
    In my opinion it's one of the most beautiful finals you can get, especially for supporters from that country.

I don't know where you are from but imagine the 2 best teams from your country playing against each-other in a CL final.
    If that were to happen in my country it would be like a a world cup or euro cup final and everyone would sit in front of the TV.
    It might be less appealing to someone not from that country but for the people who are it's amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sil View Post
    What's wrong with same country match-up's?
    It's not like Bayern and Dortmund aren't extremely competitive with each-other like Madrid and Barcelona.
    In my opinion it's one of the most beautiful finals you can get, especially for supporters from that country.

I don't know where you are from but imagine the 2 best teams from your country playing against each-other in a CL final.
    If that were to happen in my country it would be like a a world cup or euro cup final and everyone would sit in front of the TV.
    It might be less appealing to someone not from that country but for the people who are it's amazing.
    He's from Spain, imagine barca madrid final, sounds pretty awesome to me.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    He's from Spain, imagine barca madrid final, sounds pretty awesome to me.
    I actually would hate that. I've seen enough "classicos" in madrid's mourinho era to last me a lifetime.

Anyway, the appeal of european competitions for me is to see teams from different countries compete against each other. To see teams from the same country is just like watching a league game.