don't think it's televised where I live. But no, not really interested in watching it.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, I don't enjoy women's football that much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EqualWin View Post

ROFL
    And this is why I don't watch football. He should be banned for a season. Can't stand theatrics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Season would horrible overkill, there should be suspensions handed out for simulation.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Season would horrible overkill, there should be suspensions handed out for simulation.
    It should be harsh, it's pathetic.

It even happens at the world cup... It's a disgrace to sport. Season ban or fine the club the player's entire salary. Their manager will clamp down on it then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burn him! Burn him! In seriousness, he should get a one game ban as punishment and thats it, he absolutely should not get off scotty free.

First pre-season friendly for Rangers, 2-0 winners away to Brora Rangers, we play Elgin City through the week before heading south to play Bristol City on Saturday - pretty much the only time I'll ever want to see Rangers only win by 1 goal as City are my English team & I was sorely tempted to go down for it.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

I think it's right up there with leg breaking tackles. Actually I think it's probably even worse in my book since shit can happen, football should be a physical sport. Makes me wanna turn off the telly every time I see something like what happens in that gif.

Wouldn't mind a 10 game ban for serious game winning dives(for example getting them a pen) + serious financial fines for the player.

People like Neymar is basically the equilant to footballs pedos lol. The lowest of the low.
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-07-08 at 10:34 AM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

That's a bit harsh there Jackmoves, no one likes players who dive, but you can't really compare them to scum like that.

I would however be up for a system whereby they punish it exponentially per offence, that would sort people out fairly sharpish especially after a 3rd time and you're looking at 8 game suspensions.

10+ Year Old Account
    another black eye for soccer and its fans =( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...nada&ir=Canada

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    another black eye for soccer and its fans =( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...nada&ir=Canada
    I'd be more worried about the ongoing violence at Italian club matches. You couldn't pay me enough to go watch a match there while wearing a shirt indicating support for a team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'd be more worried about the ongoing violence at Italian club matches. You couldn't pay me enough to go watch a match there while wearing a shirt indicating support for a team.

so you mean to tell me, a ref killing a player, then a mob of fans killing the ref, is worse then sitting in an italian soccer game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Real Madrid will play Al Sadd on August 22nd at the Santiago Bernabeu. Raul will play one half for Al Sadd and one half for Real Madrid. Can't wait.
    Ohio State Buckeye

a ref was killed here in the US by a player as well a few months ago, but the nature of that killing in Brazil is pretty damn gruesome. I'd expect something like that in a place like Afghanistan but in Brazil?

10+ Year Old Account
    There was also a referee killed in Holland recently a few months back.

Some countries have terrible records with football violence and hooliganism, as well as racism. FIFA to their credit are actually trying to stamp it out more and more each year, but it's a gradual process, not something you can change overnight with heavy hands.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    so you mean to tell me, a ref killing a player, then a mob of fans killing the ref, is worse then sitting in an italian soccer game?
    It happened in one of the poorest and most violent areas in Brasil. The ref wouldn't have been armed if he wasn't expecting trouble.

There was also a referee killed in Holland recently a few months back.

Some countries have terrible records with football violence and hooliganism, as well as racism. FIFA to their credit are actually trying to stamp it out more and more each year, but it's a gradual process, not something you can change overnight with heavy hands.
    When I stop laughing at this I'll let you know, but don't hold your breath waiting it may well be some time! If they were serious about it then Italy would have been banned from several world cups, as would several other countries, inclusive of England, truth is they've got big mouths but when it comes to dealing with the issue, they suddenly turn impotent. Same with racism & corruption as well, it'll never be dealt with properly until FIFA grow a set of balls and issue severe punishments.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    That's a bit harsh there Jackmoves, no one likes players who dive, but you can't really compare them to scum like that.

I would however be up for a system whereby they punish it exponentially per offence, that would sort people out fairly sharpish especially after a 3rd time and you're looking at 8 game suspensions.
    No I mean they are the lowest of the low in football, not that they are as bad as pedos! lol
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    When I stop laughing at this I'll let you know, but don't hold your breath waiting it may well be some time! If they were serious about it then Italy would have been banned from several world cups, as would several other countries, inclusive of England, truth is they've got big mouths but when it comes to dealing with the issue, they suddenly turn impotent. Same with racism & corruption as well, it'll never be dealt with properly until FIFA grow a set of balls and issue severe punishments.
    Oh I know progress is slower than it should be, but they're actually starting to do stuff in the last few years.

What I meant was, this will never be solved overnight.

Like much else, it could be solved overnight if there was a passion to do so - such is the world that unfortunately it's not limited to sports! Problem is time, it's been a major problem for a long time, problem is FIFA (and the regional associations) have sat with their head jammed up their arse for decades because they don't want to have to deal with the whine brigade. Think of it like this, when the fuckwits started getting out of control down in England at Euro 2000, the government at the time started to deal with it and kicked off with banning orders because they were sick of it, now I know that was a substantial amount of time after the heyday of football violence in England, but it was at a time whereby the world was such that what previously was localised was then being reported world wide. It didn't take long for that to solve the majority of the hooliganism element traveling with England (it can't ever be eradicated unfortunately) but it took sharp, decisive action in order to do so and has proven to work.

You can also liken it to taking off a plaster, everyone knows it sucks, but it sucks a lot more if you piss about with it, it's best to get in there and rip it off quickly, it'll sting for a while but nowhere near as long as it would if you mess around & procrastinate. If FIFA were to issue ultimatums over issues such as descrimination (because it's not just racism we're talking about), diving & violence in football involving high profile punishments for offenders it would dramatically decrease the incidents - hell imagine FIFA turned round and said "if you can't sort your shit out, we're banning you from playing in competitive matches for 4 years". Not saying it would cure the ills of many a footballing problem overnight, but you can bet it would have individual nations getting real serious about stamping out their problems.