in the midst of my first build, and i'm stuck

hi, i'm building my gaming pc (specs in sig) and right now only need to hook up the sysfan1 and sysfan2 on my mother board to 4 pin connectors.. but there's only 1? i can take a picture if needed

Can you clarify what you mean by "sysfan1 and sysfan2"? Are these fans for your CPU cooler or case fans?

case fans, sorry

Just took a look at your motherboard's manual, you've got four different connectors for case fans:

CPU fan connector is yellow, four pin connectors are orange, three pin connectors are red.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Just took a look at your motherboard's manual, you've got four different connectors for case fans:

CPU fan connector is yellow, four pin connectors are orange, three pin connectors are red.
    ok, thanks. now I have another problem.. the build won't boot, should I send you a picture of the innards?

10+ Year Old Account
    post pics in here, probably dont have the 8 pin cpu connector plugged in.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    post pics in here, probably dont have the 8 pin cpu connector plugged in.
    great timing, lost the thing I connect into my PC from my phone to upload pics. i have it plugged in. as well as the mobo power and the
    gpu power. i have a feeling it's a problem with the front panel connectors.

10+ Year Old Account
    double check how you wired them up, it can be easy to put them on backwards or just on the wrong pins!!

Check if you get a POST beep code

ok 1 sec, going to take a pic of the front panel connectors with the msi m connectors. quality is unreadable from my phone, i'll make something on paint to show what it looks like
    Last edited by Shilz; 2012-08-13 at 06:14 PM.