Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I highly doubt its Izuna, a few chapters ago he says something to kakashi and kakashi is like "who are you" and Tobi is like "it doesn't matter you wouldn't remember me" meaning that they have met before. he said something about kakashi that he was always like that don't remember what it was but it was implied that they knew each other to some degree and that Tobi knew him well.

Quote Originally Posted by hatehaterman View Post
    Counter Explanation to Susanoo

To put your theory about Madara looking old while saving Obito quite is simple. Several techniques can make you look young. Look at Tsunade and Orochimaru. Plus he has Hashirama Senju on him (bet that might have something to do with that and also the rinnegan)

Also you said that Tobi attacked Konoha. Like I stated earlier, he said he had nothing to do with attacking Konoha. Also, the nine-tails who can remmember chakra said that it was Madara who attacked Konoha not Tobi. Also another reason it was Madara and not Tobi is that Madara can summon the nine-tails and he tried to do when he was ressurected which resulted in Naruto having chest pains. Tobi can not summon him. The nine-tails was summoned then attacked Konoha therefore making Madara the one who attacked Konoha. It was stated earlier that the one who attacked Konoha can summon and control the nine-tails.

Please read all the manga again before you make a statement against my theory (i say theory because it CAN still be disproven with a simple thing as removing the mask). Especially about the Konoha attack. You have to pay attention to what every character says and does.

All the facts and what the characters say have led me to believe it was Obito from the very beginning. The way I see it, I have Masashi Kishimoto figured out.

Also Kakashi did say "YOU'RE" on the first translation on mangahere.com. Now they changed it meaning he knows who he is or meaning he took that eye (im still going with he knows who he is)

Like I said I can counter almost everything about Tobi not being Obito
    It was definantly Tobi who attacked with the nine tails Madara has never shown he can be intangible or teleport watch anime or read the manga again.

please watch this again. He also is bleeding white goo something which tobi does. Tobi has shown he can control the nine tails as he himself also has Harishama's dna and a sharingan similar to what danzo was planning
    Last edited by Susanoo; 2012-08-16 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hksin11186 View Post
    Obito would have been nothing but a whelp (re: kid) when Tobi attacked Konoha and fought the Fourth all those years ago. Highly unlikely I say. If anything he just salvaged Obito's other eye, somehow. I'd have thought it quite crushed under all that rubble, but Tobi has demonstrated aptitude at traveling through land with Earth techniques.

I should probably read the chapter first, huh?
    This ^. He most likely is using Obito's right eye.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Madara attacked Konoha. I don't care about abilities. Madara can have that ability, who knows. Abilities don't mean crap to identify someone and people can use a lot of different abilities especially Uchiha people using Uchiha skills.

I am saying the nine-tails can tell people from different people with chakra. He stated that Sasuke has almost the same chakra as Madara and he clearly states that it was Madara who attacked Konoha. He is the only one we know so far that can summon the nine-tails and he did summon the nine-tails during the attack. He also tried to summon the nine-tails but it was inside Naruto so he couldn't. What I am saying is Madara disguised himself as Tobi and attacked Madara. Who cares about abilities. Don't identify someone off of one ability that can be used by other people.
    If you don't understand this (Susanoo) than you better read all the chapters again before you respond. Also, if you want to base someone on abilities, than you can say that Madara was the one who attacked Konoha because he can summon and control the nine-tails and Madara showed that he can summon the nine-tails through Naruto but failed because it was trapped. Judging from what you say, Tobi NEVER showed that he can control the nine-tails or summon it so therefore he can't be the one who attacked Konoha (beating you with your own logic/one ability logic/theory)

Sharlok,
    like i said earlier, i think it was Madara who disguised himself as Tobi then was passed on to Obito because Madara died. I highly doubt Izuna is behind this, but I do agree that it was Madara who disguised himself as Tobi during the attack.

ANYONE ELSE WITH A RESPONSE I CAN COUNTER?

Deleted
    From what I understand from watching the manga, is that Tobi knows Madara and Madara know who Tobi is, meaning they know each other well, so it's very unlikely that tobi is obito because he never saw Madara even once...

How he got Obito's eye is very strange but tbh just because Obito's right side was crushed doesn't mean his eye was destroyed, therefore Tobi was present when Obito, Kakashi and Rin were fighting, and after Obito died, Tobi went there to take the eye. Btw I think the manga said that Obito's body wasn't found so yeah. He could have taken the body with him...

hatehaterman
    Sharlok,like i said earlier, i think it was Madara who disguised himself as Tobi then was passed on to Obito because Madara died. I highly doubt Izuna is behind this, but I do agree that it was Madara who disguised himself as Tobi during the attack.
    If you watched the manga then you know that Madara was dead long since Tobi atacked Konoha, meaning that Madara couldn't possibly attack Konoha if he's dead. If you haven't watched the manga till the lastest chapter then you have to.. Because Tobi is not Madara, they are two different people.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-08-16 at 09:17 PM.

Yes they know each other. What I am saying if you read my post earlier is that Madara saved Obito therefore spending time together, training Obito, Obito learning the wrong side of the story, and therefore knowing each other well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hatehaterman View Post
    Yes they know each other. What I am saying if you read my post earlier is that Madara saved Obito therefore spending time together, training Obito, Obito learning the wrong side of the story, and therefore knowing each other well.

You're not getting it.. What I am saying is that Madara was and is dead at the time Obito died! If you watch the manga you know that Madara was ressurected throw the impure summoning world thing, and you can only be summoned by that, if you are DEAD. Also the manga says that Madara died some time after his fight with Hashirama, a few years but not that long that he would have lived till Obito was born. And I think it's pretty clear if you watched the anime, it was clear that Obito died.

You are not getting it... PROVE to me that Madara was and is dead at the time Obito supposedly died!!! In the manga he was ressurected, BUT it never says anything about the TIME OF DEATH. There is no evidence that he died early or later. Also in the manga it states that he was PRESUMED dead after the fight with Hashirama but no body was ever found or something like that. They never really proved that he died after the fight with Hashirama. One thing for sure is that everyone in Konoha knows that he LOST against Hashirama and fled

'Majad', I think you should re-read the manga and understand it. Read the words carefully.

Hatehaterman I have given you facts on why Madara is dead and you give me nothing but speculation you need to re read everything and stop acting like you know more than everyone else which you obviously dont when you keep giving us speculation on why. First off Madara is not using a technique to make him look younger or he would look Old in this picture This is Tobi's point of view at him looking at Madara so no tsunade technique and you also mentioned he used Harishama's cells to make him look younger which I can prove wrong as both Tobi and Danzou used them and they both look very old. You also mentioned Orochimaru and if you actually know the manga as well as you say you do, you would know orochimaru uses his own technique to make him self immortal so he can never age. Im not disagreeing with you on the fact that Tobi is Obito because I sure as hell dont know but Madara was defiantly dead at the time the nine tails attacked Konoha

PROVE to me that Madara was dead at the time Tobi attacked Konoha. PROVE IT. Also can Tobi summon and control the nine-tails like Madara did against Hashirama? Why don't you get it that the nine-tails (who knows Madara's Chakra) clearly states that it was Madara who attacked Konoha and that he was controlled after he came out of Naruto's Mother's body.

Plus the revive technique revives the person just like how he died. If Madara was using a technique that makes him look younger and he died than thats how he would look when he gets revived, young. So don't tell me that he would be old when he appears from the coffin. The techniques says that the person looks how he died. For example, if Tsunade dies without using her jutsu to heal, she would die still looking young and when ressurected she looks young. If she does use her jutsu, then she looks like a skinny granny, then thats how she looks when she is ressurected. So don't give some half ass bull crap response on your part Susanoo.

And orochimaru uses his own jutsu to make himself immortal, yeah, but wake up. There are people who are stronger than him and and create jutsu by themself. I am saying he could have found a technique or created one that makes him look young. Or maybe orochimaru is using are weaker jutsu of the one Madara used. Who knows. I am saying that there are thousands and thousands of jutsus out there so don't stick to one main skill.

Also who knows really how Tobi looks, we only saw a sneak peak at him, you can't say anything about how old Tobi is just on that. You have to wait for the mask to be removed. Also, Madara could have done something with Hashirama's cells and it could be something like they are descendants from the same person so he could fully uses his powers, unlike Danzou who is not of the blood of the Sage.

Hey I may be wrong with the fact that Tobi is Obito because we all don't know at this point. I am just going with all the facts put together that he is Obito and I can come up with counters for almost all statements like I have been doing. To me, there are no facts in the manga that suggest Tobi is not Obito.

Anyone else with a statement that I can counter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Best cliffhanger imo thus far, I personally think it is Obito, since if it aint, we would have to pick from Madara, Izuna or a random Uchiha. I think we are too far into the story to introduce a new arch villain (Or well, revealing his identity is someone who we dont know). Izuna also falls into that category really, and Madara is resurrected in Edo Tensei so... I think we are out of options. Not saying he is Obito for sure, but that way I am leaning.

I sure hope it isn't something as simple as Obito being Tobi.
    Hi

If its a random guy that we haven't met, then we all got fooled. But if its a random guy I don't think it would fit to storyline. I am 95% sure (can't give it 100% until the mask is removed) that it is Obito. Knew from the moment we first saw Tobi's Right eye Sharingan that he was Obito.

I have Naruto figured out as well as One Piece.

Deleted
    I can't possibly see Tobi being Obito, makes no sense at all. And Madara training Obito? Why? It's been clearly stated several times that Madara hated the Uchiha, and that means that, even if he lived till Obito supposed death, why would he train Obito? Besides if Obito lived I'm sure he would go back to Konoha, to Kakashi, to Rin for god's sake, he loves Rin! So your theory doesn't make sense, because of what I said, and Obito didn't hate anyone in Konoha except for Kakashi, it's not the word hate I want to use but it's something like that.

Also Tobi can't be Obito because Tobi is old, and I highly doubt that he would use any jutsu to make himself look younger, I mean, he's using a mask so what's the point?? And if he was indeed using a jutsu to look young why did he look old when fighting Konan? As far as I know when Tsunade/Orichimaru or anyone else with a similar jutsu, the jutsu won't go off just by getting hit by something unless you go into comma like Tsunade did and thus breaking the jutsu that makes you young.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-08-16 at 11:06 PM.

Here is a reason why Madara did not die after the fight with Hashirama. Kabuto stated that Madara did not die at the Valley of the End and it also was stated that Madara knew Nagato meaning Madara did not die until quite later. Madara thought it was Nagato who revived him until Mu steps in and says it was the Impure World Res and Kabuto speaks from Mu telling Madara it was him.

Like I said earlier we only saw a peak of his face, stop assuming he is old by that one scene. Also, it is just a theory that Madara trained Obito, however, Madara was alive at that time when Obito supposedly got crushed. Also we only see his eye areas. You can't judge how old a person looks by just that.

Also your statement about Tsunade going into coma and breaking the Jutsu. When she was in a coma, she was STILL LOOKING YOUNG. The jutsu did not go off.

Also why did he not go back to Konoha? Well, because everyone thought he was dead and he thought he was useless so maybe he wanted to get stronger first before going back but learned Madara's side of the story and then turned his back on Konoha. Here is another reason why I think Madara trained Obito (Tobi) [just a theory]. When fighting Konan, he states that the last fight against Hashirama was to gain his power. He states that he is Madara Uchiha. It makes sense to me if I was trained under Madara and think I could surpass him thus calling myself a famous name Madara Uchiha. He thinks he is stronger than Madara therefore calling himself that and one of the reasons that could be the case is if he was trained by him.

Anyone else?

Deleted
    I am assuming tobi is old because of that scene of the fight with konan. Why wouldn't you believe that he is old? It doesn't make sense to have one part of your body old and the rest young, I mean, what the hell, is that some kind of a new progeria desease? wtf lol

Also, when Tsunade went in comma, her jutsu went off, meaning that her physical appearance was old again( she was like an old lady), if you say that her jutsu didn't went off meaning she didn't look young, then boy go watch the anime and manga again and if you still don't believe me and the manga/anime then that's a problem you need to fix.

I agree with you if Obito lived one of the reasons he wouldn't go back to Konoha was because he felt weak.

Also he Tobi called himself Madara because of the power the name possed, after all, Madara Uchiha was a person that had an equal power to Hashimara Senju, he didn't use the name because Tobi was (by your theory) taught by Madara

10+ Year Old Account
    Tobi has an entire laboratory of eyeballs; we've even seen him grave rob Nagato's. The Obito connection could simply be that.

Read all the comments now and am I the only one that sees that Tobi is Obito, just the letters put differently (Granted its 1 extra O).

Tobi also sports white hair when he takes of the mask before Amaterasu auto activates the first time he reveals his true self to Sasuke. Obito also has white hair if memory serves (Madara's hair is black)

Yes tsunade's jutsu went off, but that was because she used up her chakra already, go read the manga again. If she didn't use her chakra and died, then she would still look young.

Also, I said don't judge a person's looks just because you saw his eyes. It doesnt mean he is old. Also, he does not look old, his eyes, that area that is exposed. Sure there may be a wrinkle but it doesnt look like that area is of an old person. Don't judge a person by just one area of their face. So you can't use that scene as an argument that he is old.

Also, I am not saying that what I said was true that he was taught by Madara. What I am saying is that it could be a possibility since he Obito's body was never found and he clearly knows Kakashi (from their first meeting in the forest) and Madara knows Nagato who also knows Tobi (connection) meaning that all three know each other. Also means that my theory (if Tobi is Obito) of Madara saving Obito and teaching him and Obito thinkning he surpasses Madara somehow kills him and takes the name Madara for himself is likely. All I am saying is that this is just a theory. DON'T FIXATE ON THIS ONE THEORY.

Anyone else? I can counter all day

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 01:00 AM ----------

And Obito does not have white hair. He has black hair

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 01:14 AM ----------

Also if you look at Itachi's eyes (just that area where you would put glasses on your face), he looks kind of old. So is he OLD? NO! Thats why I said don't judge by one specific area.

Deleted
    I'm not the one that needs to re read the manga or watch the anime, it's clear to why Tobi used Madara's name, if you can't accept the fact that he uses Madara's name because it makes someone tremble just by uttering it's name, like when people say Voldemort in Harry Potter(good example you can't deny).

Also I won't keep discussing my opinion, because there's no point, there are parts of your theories that are just contradictory and make no sense considering the anime and manga explain it plain and simple with no misinterpretation. But whatever, when Tobi is revealed I'll come here again :b