Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinzil View Post
    You know, 90% of female players in wow are just horrible raiders...There's your answer.

Please keep it clean and avoid generalizing genders
    Spoken like someone who clearly don't know a lot of female gamers

Whatever their reason for not allowing females in the guild is irrelevant, the only thing that matters is what they feel matches with their environment.., also 1Hc in Ds in the same sentence as being carried?

Deleted
    As far as I have seen, some of the top world raiding guilds throughout all wow expansions have always had some women in their ranks. Admittedly some women will not play WOW as well as men, but this principle goes the other way too, I have seen many males do worse than females, even in a HC raiding environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artravus View Post
    Having a bisexual raid group can create a lot of drama.
    only if lacking in maturity. my gm/raid lead is a lesbian, and another of our females is bisexual, and both get along great with us 'breeders'. one thing i love about my guild is no one takes themselves too seriously, we love to joke around, often cracking dirty jokes and innuendo/puns, but when it is time to down a boss, we get shit done.

In several of the guild I played in women started problems, either flirting with people and causing strife, not going to the raid if someone they liked was being dropped, or not being invited to a raid causing their RL/Online BF to drop group.

Deleted
    Dont ever apply to that guild. And i mean ever!
    I can guarantee you that the shit will fall apart within 1Tier content!
    Due to bad leadership who just want to show off their epeen!

It will fail, like the rest of the shitty guilds out there.
    To Topic:
    We got like 3Girls in our 25man Roster.
    They are doing just fine. If they wasnt, they would have been demoted

Quote Originally Posted by Jinzil View Post
    You know, 90% of female players in wow are just horrible raiders...There's your answer.

Please keep it clean and avoid generalizing genders
    LOL you know nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Most actual decent HC guilds do recruit females, don't assume things just because of one guild.
    Shitstorm incoming.
    Several of the really top notch ones have some amazing female guild members. I think this is more of a excuse making from a wannabe top guild that just cant cut it and they look for any excuse what so ever and female just came up. That is what i think is the issue of course they arent going to confirm that since they have this illusion or delusion that they are gods gift to raiding.

I can from personal experience say that some of the best raiders i have seen have been female and if you restrict your recruiting like this you are basically no better than if you put in, gay, black, immigrant etc etc you name it all of it have no relevance on how good they are.

Just getting the feeling it is wannabe badass guilds that just cant cut it that think up any excuse they can find.

So instead of "no ladies" a guild can't just say "no attention seeking skanks"? I mean that's unoffensive and inclusive all people (but skanks I suppose). Just because someone feels some women act a certain way, doesn't mean every woman does. And it doesn't even make it true!

I guess some people would say, how can you tell if someone is a skank off the bat? Well, how can you tell someone doesn't care about loot much off the bat? As a recruiter in a guild myself, this weeding out of bad applicants is up to the recruiting officer, not to be held in the hands of gender generalizations.

And if like someone said, some guilds do it because geeky guys can't control themselves around ladies, then by god grow up. Maybe also make it so there's a "no basement dwellers who lose both their heads around anyone female" rule.

OP, if you're looking for a guild not as small minded as that one you posted, there's plenty! You don't want to raid with people who'd even consider such a childish and ignorant generalization anyway.

(P.S) We get more drama in our guild (the little drama we have) from MEN (not boys, grown men) complaining over loot and wanting to swap mains every few weeks. Not that guys are bad, but no generalization on either side holds much truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    Dont ever apply to that guild. And i mean ever!
    I can guarantee you that the shit will fall apart within 1Tier content!
    Due to bad leadership who just want to show off their epeen!

It will fail, like the rest of the shitty guilds out there.
    To Topic:
    We got like 3Girls in our 25man Roster.
    They are doing just fine. If they wasnt, they would have been demoted
    The restrictions in some regards clearly gives me the feeling there is still issues deeper in the guild that these are just a symptom of.

Deleted
    To be honest, it's probably not the best HC Guild... wanting a minimum of 1/8 at THIS point? What the hell is that all about?

I am sure a few of these guilds have had drama, and do not want it again. I know it's wrong, but it's a hard stereotype to shake, and going through the whole recruitment process just to find she's a "bitch" or whatever is not good for any guild.

All that said and done, there are 3 girls on my raid team. One is a decent Spriest, one is a ret pally, who is also the guild leader, and the other is her daughter, who is the most amazing druid healer I've ever seen, and they have never once caused drama; on the flipside, I think certain girls who are just decent people have the ability to diffuse a situation very well.

Most unreasonable lootwhores I know are male, 2c

15+ Year Old Account
    Overall i had good experience, but its been a few that could NOT take criticism and such, calling me a sexist for not inviting her for tonight raid etc
    The ones i raided with over the years didt reveal they were female so they would be treated like others like during trials/ newly recruited
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Not to generalize a gender, as this is only from person experience; but most females I have played with, are horrible. Not to say they all are, as my raid group has 1 (in a 10man) who is pretty good. The other issue is they are pretty often tied to drama, either they bring it by them selves, or they cause it; IE shes given all the loot, or more lenient rules. This is not a blanket statement; however if your guild has had issues with females in the past, like all your raiders fight like barbarians to impress the girl, I can see how one might want to just keep all females out, when all you have had is trouble with them. Regardless of if its the females fault or the mens fault.

It depends on the guild why they do this. I think the main reason is they want the raid members to focus on raiding with zero tolerance for drama, which a female could bring if the players are immature.

Mind you, I've played with some pretty good female players, my wife being one of them. I did however have a female healing lead tell me if I ever messed up she'd f my grandma and shit down my face, but that may be for another thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing this discussion has showed me is how many people still truly hold that 20th century "Women are lesser beings" mentality.

I'm not sure if I'm surprised or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel for female raiders, I really do. Because there's a small sub-section of female gamers who are terrible at the game, and another small sub-section of female gamers who are bat-shit-insane and cause uberdrama, the rest of the legit female gamers get shoehorned into this stereotype. It can't be easy.

I myself have seen all 3 types of female gamer. I play with 2 of the best female gamers in the world, and each gives me a run for my money. I've also seen female applicants who were simply awful, the typical "ditzy blonde" stereotype. I've also seen other female applicants who, and I shit you not, threatened to SUE THE GUILD LEADER because she transferred to our server and was denied based on skill level. Many LOLs were had that day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only a fraction of my fellow females in this game that I have met have I found worth talking to. It's sad, but most of them are just way too girly and flirty and giggle way too much, not taking anything seriously - and guys switch off their brains around them. That annoys me. All of it. Most of them also don't seem to have a mind for certain game mechanisms. I guess they're just too superficially interested in encounter mechanisms for my taste.

Also... some guilds just aren't a place where you want to be as a female. Some groups of guys just are a bit weird... or they feel like they should show some good manners when a female is around... and they think they can't be themselves anymore in TS or that they no longer can talk about certain topics when female ears are in the channel.

There are many reasons why a guild may not like to raid with a female. We need to respect that. Let's not be mad about them. It's probably not a place where we'd want to be anyway.

they cause drama, even if unintentionally they will almost always cause some form of drama unless it's a group of friends

10+ Year Old Account
    They do, don't be a tard and make a judgement on all just because of one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhh what?

We have a female mage in our core whom is quite possibly one of the best mages i've played with in my entirety of more than 7 years playing the game.

I do know for a fact that some hcore guilds (not ours) do turn down female raiders because they can create 'drama' (in reality, it's the guild making the drama, not her).

This next point could be pretty shitty to read, but I want to make it clear that I have no problems with female raiders, as I've said above, our mage is awesome.

Could also be the fact they could get pregnant and have to leave for an (extended) period of time. This is the same as in the real world. Men are always prefered in jobs because females always run the risk of getting pregnant and having to take maternity leave.

Our mage is already a mother and is due to deliver her second child sometime November. We have no problems with that, it's not hard to find a sub, and when she's back again we will welcome her back with open arms.
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-08-16 at 12:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins